Profile for T. Wilson > Reviews

Content by T. Wilson

T. Wilson (Republic of Ireland)

Page: 1 | 2
Coffin Road
Coffin Road

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read full of atmosphere, 27 April 2016
This review is from: Coffin Road (Kindle Edition)
I love Peter May's books. They are so atmospheric. With every description I had to google places like Isle of Lewis and Uig just to see pictures of the areas. Now I would love to visit the Hebrides. Coffin Road is a very original story, too good to give anything away. The story has been researched well and I have learnt a lot from this book about our environment and what could and is happening. I have now read all of May's books and have loved every one. I look forward to the next one. I notice some people cannot get on with the Gaelic names but I don't think they interfered with the story at all. They just add to the atmosphere as far as I am concerned. A very good read

Mens Gents Top Quality LEATHER Square Coin Tray by Golunski Purse Wallet (Black)
Offered by Biggest Little Shop Online Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my husband and he was delighted. Plenty of room for change, 11 April 2016
I bought this for my husband and he was delighted. Plenty of room for change. Lovely quality and compact enough to fit easily into a pocket. Very pleased

Physix Gear Sport Kinesiology Tape 2" x 16.5' Pro (Beige) Single
Physix Gear Sport Kinesiology Tape 2" x 16.5' Pro (Beige) Single
Offered by Physix Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars I found Physix Gear Sport tape excellent (I had bought three different types from three different ..., 11 April 2016
I perhaps am not your normal Kinesiology Tape user as I am elderly and have ball of the foot discomfort and pain. I did some research on pain relief adhesive and decided to give it a go but with a lot of scepticism. I found Physix Gear Sport tape excellent (I had bought three different types from three different companies.). You get a lot for your money and it is very easy to use but best of all I found it effective. Of course it did not remove all of the pain but it certainly made a difference and helped with the inflammation. The company seems caring and efficient. Great communication. I would certainly buy more tape from Physix Gear.

While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller
While My Eyes Were Closed: The #1 Bestseller

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautifully Written, 23 Mar. 2016
I enjoyed this book from start to finish. The story flowed and was captivating. I don't want to reveal the story but it revolves around a kidnapped child. I usually read crime novels and although a crime was committed in this novel there was no physical violence and the book was not exciting but the story line still managed to surprise me. I absolutely loved it and it held me throughout, it was one of those books I was sorry to finish.

Fitflop Gogh Moc, Women's Clogs, Blue (Supernavy), 7 UK (41 EU)
Fitflop Gogh Moc, Women's Clogs, Blue (Supernavy), 7 UK (41 EU)

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfort and plenty of Room, 1 Mar. 2016
I love FitFlops. I have capsulitis in one of my feet so these are super comfortable for me. I have four pairs now and just love all of them. I will be buying more in the near future

Beurer GS58 Driver's Dual Display Glass Bathroom Scale
Beurer GS58 Driver's Dual Display Glass Bathroom Scale

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Scales, 1 Mar. 2016
I first used these scales at a friend's house and was so impressed with them I bought myself some. Nice clear read-out which lights up when you step on them. I love them.

The Natural Eyesight Remedies: Get Better Eyesight without Glasses
The Natural Eyesight Remedies: Get Better Eyesight without Glasses

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there not to like, it is free worthwhile, 4 July 2014
I learnt quite a lot from this little book. Although I think it is for people who want to avoid wearing glasses in the future I think the exercises would benefit everyone. The information is invaluable. What is there not to like, it is free worthwhile information

Entry Island
Entry Island

5.0 out of 5 stars Another wonderful book by Peter May, 29 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Entry Island (Kindle Edition)
I came across Mr May's books by accident and have now read his last trilogy and now Entry Island. I just get so much from his books. The atmosphere he creates, the human suffering and the poverty in which people lived is put across with knowledge and emotion. The getting of food on land that was teaming with fish and meat but not yours to take but when your family is starving you do all you can. I was on the edge of my seat at some points. I have now read four books and loved every one, I cannot wait for the next book and would highly recommend he work.

The Story Of Nome
The Story Of Nome

4.0 out of 5 stars A book for all ages, 25 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Story Of Nome (Kindle Edition)
This well written book is about Nathan Martin and his family. He lives in a council house with Rosa his mum and his little sister Lily. His mum does a good job of keeping the family unit secure and stable, with her strong family ethic. It has been tough for her as Nathan thinks she has never really got over the death of his father. His school life is boring and frustrating with teachers that don't see outside their comfortable educational box.

I found the book easy to read, well observed with an easy flowing story line. Nathan's friends are great characters, some you will love, some you will hate but all raw and colourful and they make the book come to life.

The street language was a bit of a mystery at first but the more you read the more you understand that this binds the characters together into a secure unit.

They entertain themselves not by mugging old ladies as they have strong moral standards but by expressing their artistic talents through graffiti. In the graffiti world everybody recognises each other's work by their tags. Some are well respected. Nathan's tag is NOME, his name has been recognised from graffiti in the wrong place at the wrong time. He has seen something he shouldn't and everything changes, building into an exciting climax.

The subject matter would not be something I would choose but I was pleasantly surprised as to how much I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one.

Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040  Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White
Acti-Fry by Tefal AL800040 Low Fat Electric Fryer, 1 kg Capacity, White
Offered by ASOGADGET4U

5.0 out of 5 stars Real Chips without the fat, 25 Sept. 2010
My husband and I have fallen in love with the Tefal ActiFry. Forever watching our weight but enoying the taste of real chips every so often, the ActiFry performs perfectly. It is a bit noisy but it is worth it. So far we have cooked chips, chunky potatoes and vegetables, all have been superb and all cooked with just a half to one spoonful of oil. It is easy to clean and easy to use. Results will depend on the type of potato you use. Living in Ireland the Rooster potato performs well and I believe the Maris Piper potato performs equally well. There is a small amount of steam produced and a slight smell but nothing like a deep fat fryer. In fact the smell is quite pleasant. I can highly recommend this product.

Page: 1 | 2