ARRAY(0xa65bc06c)

Profile for J. Aitken > Reviews

Content by J. Aitken

J. Aitken "BuddieHollie" (England)
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
The Wizzard! Greatest Hits And More - The EMI Years
The Wizzard! Greatest Hits And More - The EMI Years
Price: 6.86

5.0 out of 5 stars A Classic collection, 20 April 2014
All the hits are here plus more and I esp love the Angel Fingers remix which just features the vocal layers great to hear this after all these years too. If your a Rock and Roll fan who likes the sounds of the 50s and 60s your gonna love this. The sound quality is pretty good too.

VARSITY COLLEGE JACKET ( LARGE - Oxford Navy / White ) NEW PREMIUM Unisex American Style Letterman Blank Baseball Custom Top Mens Womens Ladies Gift Present Quality AWD Soulstar Omega Bomber - By Fonfella
Offered by Fonfella
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great but watch out for the Navy one, 20 April 2014
First class well made jacket but I ordered two and my daughter bought me one for my birthday cause I just love these jackets. Word of warning though the Navy colour one is more like Black and not as shown here I had to return it because of this as it looked the same as my black one. The dealer has so far returned my postage costs and I have sent it back for a different colour one and just waiting after the Easter break for my replacement. Otherwise you cant go wrong with these jackets they are great.

Ekho Professional Adjustable Tilt Guitar Amplifier Stand
Ekho Professional Adjustable Tilt Guitar Amplifier Stand

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job, 20 April 2014
This stand is great for holding a VOX AC30 or similar amp on. I have my Peavey Vyper 3 amp on it and it looks good and neat in my living room. It gives me more space too and easier when vacing up. Great for giigs too as its adjustable so you can have it slanted if you prefer.

Varsity College Jacket (Large 44", Black / white sleeves)
Varsity College Jacket (Large 44", Black / white sleeves)
Offered by ETHIC-STAR Limited
Price: 12.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made excellent quality garment, 20 April 2014
This review is from: Varsity College Jacket (Apparel)
Much better then I expected this very well made and feels like real quality garment. Its warm too and great for summer as well as winter, it looks good on anyone from kids to adults and if your a Rock and Roller then you'll look the business in this jacket both good for indoor and outdoor use. Get a nice pair of black and white canvas shoes to match or baseball boots blue jeans and hair quiff and your ready to Rock.

60s Radio - Music from the Sixties
60s Radio - Music from the Sixties
Price: 0.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Dosent't seem to work anymore, 20 April 2014
Never been able to get it to work its like the server is constantly down. Tried and tried on different times of the day no joy.

Philips Friends of Hue Personal Wireless Lighting Bloom Starter Kit (2 x LED Bloom Mood Lights, 1 Bridge)
Price: 189.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Colour light your room to your mood, 20 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Comes in a shoe size box with 2 lights that can sit anywhere near a mains socket. You just plug in the two lights then connect the transmitter to the mains (3 free mains sockets needed altogether inc the lights) and a cable from the transmitter to the router (cable supplied) then go to the app store and download the app to your smart phone or tablet and bridge it. To do this its just a case of pressing a button and few seconds later it will bridge. Once bridged your ready to Rock and Roll just play around with the different pictures supplied to create different coloured lighting effects, dimmer etc. You can use this app to turn off the lights or turn them back on so handy if your out and you want to turn your lights on to give impression the home is occupied. You can also use them like normal lights without colour if you wish for reading etc. There is also a nice timer for setting the lights to come on in the morning for you such as to awaken you like the sun rising or to come on when it gets dark outside if your out and dont want to forget to turn your lights on. The lamps are also energy efficient so will help you to save on electricity. I only gave them 4 stars cause they are a bit expensive otherwise no problems during setup and use they are great.

Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey
Vax Genuine New Type 2 Pro Cleaning Kit, Grey
Price: 32.82

5.0 out of 5 stars Everything you need, 17 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Wish I would have known about this kit when I got my vac I would have got one long ago. Anyway the tools all fit my Vax Mach Zen perfect and I am told they fit all Vax Vacs. Inside the box is a hand bag to put them all in and you can hang this on the wall. The small brush tool was great for dusting TV screens and Pictures on the wall and very effective in cleaning PC keyboards. The Radiator tool is perfect for cleaning my radiators much more efficient then using a cloth. The mattress tool is great for cleaning the bed mattress after each change. There is an up top tool for cleaning on top of cabinets which is very effective. The skirting board hand tool dosent connect to the vac you use it by hand but it is very effective for removing dirt even stubborn dirt. I didn't use the pet tools so cant comment on them as I don't have pets.There is an upholstery tool of course as well for chairs, sofas and curtains and this is very effective and quick. There is also an adaptor for connecting these tools to other Vacuum cleaners. A very good kit that just about covers everything you need to clean with a Vacuum.

Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate (PC)
Pinnacle Studio 17 Ultimate (PC)
Price: 80.38

3.0 out of 5 stars Good package, 14 April 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Had no problem installing this but it did take some time though. I don’t like the idea it starts reading all your media files before asking and this can take a long time if you want to work on a video and will take up resources. For my project am using 3 tracks of HD video imported straight from camera. I want to add the 3 videos in sync but cut bits out here and there as its gonna be a music video but the software dosen’t handle this very well at all even though am using dual core processor with 16 gig Ram. Its very slow and really too slow to work with. Apart from that its very easy to get to grips with if you have used video editing software before such as Magix and Cyberlink and are working with DVD instead of HD.

If you are new to editing and as there is no printed manual it might be best to go on you tube and look for some tutors first rather then reading help files its better to see whats actually going on and there is some good video tutors up there. Lots and lots of video fx, transitions and audio special fx to play with. To start with a title you have to go into the organise tab click on title then go back to the edit tab and it brings you back into the timeline, it didn’t seem to work for some reason, how ever on going on you tube for a tutor I found out there is anther way round by clicking on the “T” symbol next to the timeline and a box comes up ready to input a title which superimposes it into your video and looks rather nice and professional. Its not a very good package for working with HD unless you stick with one track.

Ok so I downloaded the update patch 17.3 which apparently fixes a lot of problems including playback of MTS files (HD cam files) here is the full list of fixes which has just been released the past couple of weeks.

Fixed several crashes with DVD export

Fixed hangs and crashes with BluRay disc export

Fixed issues with 3D files recognition, and exported file playback

Fixed MTS export issues

Fixed hang, playback problems with RedGiant “Particular” effects

Fixed remaining causes of black frames in exported files

Fixed startup and performance problems after faulty shutdown

Fixed issue where export settings aren’t saved

Fixed file import, playback problems - MTS/M2TS, FLV, MP4, AVI

The program informs you of this update and you just go to their web site and download a program file a bit like re installing it and thats it updated. Its still very slow when using 3 tracks of MTS files. However at least its workable even with a slow frame rate so the update has made some improvement here. After all this I did manage to finish my music video project so happy with this package in the end but still room for improvement.

Mother And Jack
Mother And Jack
Price: 0.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent song that was a B side to Saved by the Bell, 13 April 2014
This review is from: Mother And Jack (MP3 Download)
I've loved this tune since I was a kid in my early teens and am now 57 I still love it. I lovely sing a long tune, good lyrics it could have been a A side its that good. Lovely harmonies, lovely string section. I just love this to bits.

Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 100 Watt Acoustic, Bass, Electric Guitar Modelling Amp
Peavey Vypyr VIP 3 100 Watt Acoustic, Bass, Electric Guitar Modelling Amp
Offered by Jb's Music Store
Price: 299.00

1.0 out of 5 stars Terribel worse amp ever had and a complete nightmare, 13 April 2014
I've had this amp for days now and been using it several hours but still cant get used to the settings, there is far too much knobs, dials and buttons to remember this and that. The presets all have mainly stupid names like "Aint talking" and "Drop for Lo" what the heck is all that about?. A lot of the sounds am getting are crackly. The manual is a nightmare you don't know if its referring to the VIP 1. 2 or 3 model so it gets even more confusing and even then it doesn't clearly show you how to access each FX. I have looked on you tube for answers even and everyone on there is some guy who is stuck on one sound or another rather then showing you how to work the damn thing or some music shop that uses the foot pedal most of the time (not included extra cost and very expensive too). Also there is talk of 400 etc presets but when I turn the preset knob all I get is about 40 so I reckon you have to press or use some other knob to access the rest but what or which knobs I don't know more confusion. When using it with the headphones some of the sounds you cant hear even up full. Then when you come a cross a distortion sound it shoots up so you have to be careful and get ready to turn it down, this has been going on for years with manufacturers not just Peavey can't they keep all the levels the same.

Also the editing software is full of problems as some of the switches don't work and when I managed to save a couple of presets one of them crashed on reload. You have to keep going back and forth from the amp to the software to access stuff because their is bugs in the software. I give up its going back and I will just keep my old Peavey and buy separate FX units.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20