Profile for Timbo > Reviews

On the Trail to the California Gold Rush
On the Trail to the California Gold Rush
by Alonzo Delano

2.0 out of 5 stars Gold Rush Overview, 4 Nov. 2012
This book is basically a diaristic view of the journey accross America to the gold fields. It tends to be very repetative for most of the book. Day to day accounts are described very much the same and it is not until three quarters through the book that it gets more interesting. Then the reader is taken through more interesting accounts of life actually in the gold fields.
Not a bad read but have read better on the subject.
Timbo.

Safe-cracking
Safe-cracking
by Richard Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars Safe Cracking, 30 Sept. 2012
This review is from: Safe-cracking (Paperback)
I purchased this book as being a locksmith, I was interested in the history of safe opening.
The book was great reading and full of historical facts and stories. It was one of those reads that just keeps your attention.
If you are interested in this subject, I would recommend it highly.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 31, 2013 6:59 PM BST

Webbing Belt Bank
Webbing Belt Bank
Offered by Catch22 Adventure Travel Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars Money Belt, 30 Jun. 2012
This review is from: Webbing Belt Bank
I used this belt while on holiday to keep my money safe. I had to shorten it to my size and found this easy to do. The belt looked smart and you would'nt know that it was anything but a normal standard belt.
It held 600 euro's in 50's with no problem as long as you fold the notes very tightly. Good buy for the traveller.

Death Valley in '49 (Illustrated Edition) (Dodo Press)
Death Valley in '49 (Illustrated Edition) (Dodo Press)
by William Lewis Manly

5.0 out of 5 stars History of the 49er's, 30 Jun. 2012
This book is one of the best reads that I have ever bought. The story is detailed and moving and after a few minutes, I could not put it down. If anyone is interested in historic journeys, then this is the book for you. It the tells the story of human endeavour and courage in what would be classed as an impossible feat to undertake. I was a little concerned about the cost of this book, but after reading, it was worth every penny. I would class this as a great buy and I'm very pleased that I purchased it. A**********

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

5.0 out of 5 stars Kindle Review As A Gift, 27 April 2011
I bought the Kindle for my partner for her birthday. She is always buying books and I thought she would find it useful. Well, she says its brilliant and the best thing since sliced bread. She can't put it down and is always telling me about the downloads.
What can I say, excellent for a gift for someone who reads alot. I am now "in her good books"
Best buy that I have made in a long time. *******

Page: 1 | 2