Profile for S. W. Garrington > Reviews

Content by S. W. Garrington

S. W. Garrington (Cardiff, Wales.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Brookstone Touring 1-inch x 15ft Ratchet Tie Down (4 Pieces)
Brookstone Touring 1-inch x 15ft Ratchet Tie Down (4 Pieces)

5.0 out of 5 stars How Much?, 13 Sep 2014
More than adequate for almost all domestic and some light commercial needs, seems to be well constructed and of ample length. What I just can't get my head around is £6.32 for four, not a mistake - FOR FOUR - seriously unbelievable price.

Gadgets World Pull Tab PU Leather Pouch Cover Case Only Fits Sony Xperia Z2 + STYLUS TOUCH PEN. (Black)
Offered by GADGETS WORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips!, 4 May 2014
For £2.50 this cover is great. Surprisingly well constructed, good looking and very functional. Nothing much more I can say other than you can't go wrong for the price.

Ivation! Premium Glass Ultra Thin Bathroom Scale LARGE LCD Display Easy To Read 150kg/330lbs Capacity, Extra Wide 14 inch platform!
Offered by Smart Shop UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great design and function., 4 May 2014
Rarely have I come across any product that scores so high in functionality AND design, let alone for £28. Sleek black glass, extra wide for easy standing and a very large easy to read display in either lbs, lbs & stones and kilos.

Also, this product takes AAA batteries which, after years of tracking down silly coin batteries for my previous scales, is a massive benefit to me.

All in all a very happy consumer.

CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
CREE Q5 3W Led 350 Lumens mini Flashlight Zoomable Torch AA
Offered by NexScene LED UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap as chips and twice as nice!, 23 Mar 2014
I buy lots of torches for work and I'm always on the lookout for cheap and simple lamps and this fit the bill to a "T". Although not as bright as some Cree lenses I've bought, the light from this torch is ample for indoor work and not too shabby outdoors either. If you pull the zoom full out (narrowest beam) I found it amply illuminates a subject at 70 metres or so, and probably be adequate at greater distances. The rechargeable AA battery I used lasted for 5 hours of off and on inspection work, so I was happy with that too.

The best thing about this torch though, is that you don't have to cycle through 5 or so different functions to get to the constant beam most people want every time you turn it on. This one is off, or it is on, absolutely fantastic as I have now got a locker with half a dozen torches that I tried and hated because half the time when you turned them on you'd get a strobe or SOS signal, alright for some applications but not when you turn them on and of every couple of minutes to check something!

It is sent from China but don't let that put you off, it was dispatched the same day and only took a week to arrive.

Reclaimed Pine Wooden Tea Light Holder Made by A British Craftsman (35cm x 10cm x 5cm)
Offered by DHARA

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same - Praise that is!, 19 Mar 2014
As with all the previous reviews here I have to state how pleased I was with these Tea-Light holders. Very solid and beautifully finished. A bit pricey? Not really considering I use them (I bought 2) as a table centrepiece and quality usually costs more, so no quibbles from me.

Also. I have to mention that 2 sets of guests have now asked me where they come from as they want some for themselves, so buy them and bask in the glow of others praise of your good taste.

Lacor-72932-LID PROFESIONAL 32 CM
Lacor-72932-LID PROFESIONAL 32 CM

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Lid!, 27 Aug 2013
Bought a stockpot that had a really naff glass lid, so ordered this to make a closer match to my Circulon cookware lids and am extremely pleased with it. Looks great, works well and is ,for once, "professional" really means it.

White Bath Rack 2113
White Bath Rack 2113
Offered by Top Products

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job!, 27 Aug 2013
Considering how many types and styles of bath racks there are out there, I think I struck lucky with this one. Fits perfectly - no wobble, looks good and and is laid out very nicely. Dearer than some out there, but well worth it.

Universal Blackout Roller Blind, White, W180 x D214cm
Universal Blackout Roller Blind, White, W180 x D214cm
Offered by Linens Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT 1800mm, 1 Aug 2013
What this product fails to mention is that this is for an 1800 recess and is actually 1760 in length, making it useless for my purpose. Also whilst the material in the blind is adequate, the fittings are very cheap and nasty.

RavX Design Lite X Long Handlebar Ends - Black
RavX Design Lite X Long Handlebar Ends - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Maybe a bit too long., 16 April 2013
Very well made and easy to fit, these bar ends suffer from not really being ergonomically designed. Basically they are just a bit of long bent tube, upon which my hands fail to find a comfortable purchase, maybe I'll grow into them, but probably not and they will end up in my drawer of "almost" useful bike bits.

Crank Brothers 5050 3 Bicycle Pedal - Red/Black
Crank Brothers 5050 3 Bicycle Pedal - Red/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Best pedals ever!, 7 April 2013
I've tried loads of different types of pedals before settling on MTB flats as the ones that suit me best and have liked the brands I've used so far, but I absolutely love these pedals! So comfortable, great grip, light and look fabulous. One small whinge though, I wish Crank Bros didn't assume I knew how to fit these, because I didn't, never having seen a set before, took me a good 15 mins to work it out - D'oh!
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2014 10:20 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3