Profile for The Brixtonian > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
York Exercise Wheel
York Exercise Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars It works ..., 13 Sept. 2015
This review is from: York Exercise Wheel (Sports)
I use the York Exercise Wheel about 3-4 times a week, and the results have
been nothing short of remarkable. The key is to be consistent in
your work-outs.

I've tried the electronic belts, and they were a waste of time.

I've lost 3-4 inches around my waist already, after 6 months use. Recommended!

The Money Tree: Money, how to make it, save it and grow it
The Money Tree: Money, how to make it, save it and grow it
by Martin Bamford

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful ..., 13 Sept. 2015
The Author Martin Bamford, shows you a number of ways on how to save your money and most
importantly, how not to waste it.

I have used quite a few of his ideas, and it has saved me a small fortune, whether it be
by reducing wasteful direct-debits, or finding better producing banking accounts.

SOCA ANTHEMS
SOCA ANTHEMS
Offered by Bargaindiscsltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Soca Music ..., 13 Sept. 2015
This review is from: SOCA ANTHEMS (Audio CD)
Outstanding value for money CD. Many of the Soca classics are on three albums.
I have enjoyed playing these at home, in the car, and at family gatherings/parties ... Fanstastic!

Gildan Mens Soft Style V-Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt (L) (Navy)
Gildan Mens Soft Style V-Neck Short Sleeve T-Shirt (L) (Navy)
Offered by COOZO

5.0 out of 5 stars Soft fitting ..., 13 Sept. 2015
The style and comfort attracted me in the first instance. I ordered 3 in navy blue.
This soft style Gildan's V-neck fitted me perfectly, and I would buy again
in the future.

Mosquito Nets 4 U® Mosquito Net Bed Canopy 12 Meter Full Coverage Protection for Holiday & Home.  Non Skin Irritation.  156 holes per square inch. Fits up to Kingsize bed. Free Mosquito Nets 4 U Drawstring Bag.
Mosquito Nets 4 U® Mosquito Net Bed Canopy 12 Meter Full Coverage Protection for Holiday & Home. Non Skin Irritation. 156 holes per square inch. Fits up to Kingsize bed. Free Mosquito Nets 4 U Drawstring Bag.
Offered by Home and Mores Store Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Fit for purpose ..., 13 Sept. 2015
When travelling abroad to certain tropical islands, taking mosquito nets are a must.
I have used this company on a number of occasions, and found the size, protection
and quality outstanding value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Hoodie on the Market ... Bar None!, 12 May 2013
After a delivery glitch (original order lost in transit/post), my chunky Zoodie zip up hoodies arrived
secured and well packaged. I ordered the French navy and a purple coloured one.

I must say, the thickness and quality is outstanding. I've purchased garments like this in the past,
that were either too thin or badly stitched together.

It is fair to say, that the fit, cut and finish is superb ... perfect!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 11, 2013 11:07 AM BST

5.0 out of 5 stars At last ..., 3 April 2013
... A T-shirt with a decent picture of Miami Vice's Ricardo Tubbs (aka - Phillip Michael Thomas) on it.
This top (I ordered one in black) even arrived before Amazon could advise me of the dispatch date ... and that's a first!

Great tee, great look, and a great fit!

Things Fall Apart (Penguin Red Classics)
Things Fall Apart (Penguin Red Classics)
by Chinua Achebe

5.0 out of 5 stars A realistic portrayal of Africa ... by an African!, 23 Mar. 2013
I was truly saddened to hear about the passing of Chinua Achebe (22/03/2013). His portayal of African life
opened my eyes to real life, love, and hatred in his book 'Things Fall Apart'.

A few years ago, I was fortunate enough to obtain a 'hot' ticket to an anniversary celebration for this ground-breaking book.

Avid book readers like myself have been incorrectly informed by writers in the past - and present - about African life.
The portrayal is either overtly romantic, or of a savage/untamed nature, and in the main from a white middle/upper
class point of veiw; that is, until Chinua Achebe re-dresses the balance in a truly memorable way.

This brilliantly written book, has inspired many aspiring writers of colour to pursue a career in literature,
so much so, that award winning author Chimamanda Ngozi Adiche ('Half of a Yellow Sun' & 'Purple Hibiscus') has openly
admitted about the influence of Chinua Achebe.

I have read many a book in my vast eclectic library, and 'Things Fall Apart' is definately in my top ten ... Rest In Peace Chinua!

The Rum Diary (Bloomsbury Classic Reads)
The Rum Diary (Bloomsbury Classic Reads)
by Hunter S. Thompson

5.0 out of 5 stars Rum Punch ..., 23 Mar. 2013
My favourite authors are always the ones who can vary their writing styles, and you can't predict
where their plots, structures and viewpoints/storylines are going. Hunter S. Thompon's 'The Rum Diary',
does just that. From the beginning to the end I was enthralled at his penmanship.

The book itself left its mark on me, especially when Thompson aptly described the dancing, the movement of the
steel bands; and the real emotion of carnival in chapter 13 - I felt I was taking part in the parade.

An enjoyable read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Cut ..., 14 Mar. 2013
I was looking for a long sleeved striped shirt, and this Thomas Nash wine coloured shirt
fitted the bill nicely. The shirt came securely wrapped, and arrived before the estimated date.

It is well tailored, and you can either wear it tucked in, or hanging loose outside - which ever your preference.

Good price, good quality, good buy!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10