Profile for J. Wright > Reviews

Content by J. Wright

J. Wright "ISH" (England)

Greed :
Greed :
by Chris Ryan

5.0 out of 5 stars better than the watchman if that was possible, 24 Mar 2008
This review is from: Greed : (Paperback)
I have read a few SAS and SBS books in the past and like a lot of people i do get bored with the same thing all the while.So having a break from these and reading other types of book ........2 years later i find myself back.I started off reading Chris's The Watchman which i thought was an absolutely superb read (i had it sitting there for those 2 years).This really got my juices flowing so i decided to try another. I choose Greed and i am so so so pleased i did.For me the story gripped me from start to finish......and i do not write this lightly.I can honestly say i REALLY could not wait to read the next page after i put the book down.As i have put in my header for this review i honestly did not think that The Watchman would be beaten in my eyes.....but Greed just pips it to the post.Without ruining it for you, the murders of some of his friends etc are quite shocking. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE buy this book if you like a real good story....YOU WILL LOVE IT.

Sagem 62160SL-T  Freeview Set Top Box with 160 GB HD  and Twin Tuner
Sagem 62160SL-T Freeview Set Top Box with 160 GB HD and Twin Tuner

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 16 Dec 2006
Just very briefly...bought the sagem about 3 weeks ago and so has proved to be a superb piece of kit. Have read elsewhere people who have had niggles with it but i find whatever you buy there will always be bad apples in the cart. The only gripes i have with the box is that it has frozen only very quickly mind on 2 occasions but came back on almost instantly. The other being although it has a twin tuner you cannot actually record 2 programmes simultaniously but you can watch one and record another.Also you can record a programme and watch a previously recorded one. This seems to be a bit of a black area on the twin tuner side of things, because certain twin tuners will will record two programmes at the same time.The 7 day EPG is superb and loads instantly and shows quite a lot of programmes without having to scroll about too much....which for me is a very big plus.You can also set the machine to record slightly before and slightly after a programme so you wont miss the start or end if the schedule is running a little early or late.Once you have set this there is no need to do it again as it stores your settings.The Sagem is also a very very small and compact HDD and in my opinion very quiet in operation. I could go on but wont but i do recommend this box to anyone looking to spend around the £[...] mark.

The Guv'nor
The Guv'nor
by Lenny McLean

5.0 out of 5 stars PURE QUALITY, 11 Sep 2005
This review is from: The Guv'nor (Paperback)
I must admit since i have left school almost 23 years ago i have not done much reading. I decided on getting myself lenny's book after being interested in boxing and also through the reviews on here. What can i say , the man is a legend and the book is absolutely superb. I found i could not put it down , and when did have to put it down i can honestly say i could not wait to pick it up again . The book is full of Lennys scraps which are detailed brilliantly and you get so into them that you feel you are actually there with him. It is such a sad loss he died so young just as he was breaking into the film buisness. If you want a good read you have got to buy this book......