Profile for Anita J. Martin > Reviews

Content by Anita J. Martin

Anita J. Martin (Fife, Scotland)

Wellaby's Sea Salt Lentil Chips 140 g (Pack of 6)
Wellaby's Sea Salt Lentil Chips 140 g (Pack of 6)

5.0 out of 5 stars I love these. Sainsburys used to sell them and have ..., 16 Dec. 2014
I love these. Sainsburys used to sell them and have stopped so I looked for another source. They are crisp and for my tastes, have just the right amount of salt. They are higher in protein and lower in calories than many other snack and I do feel that they that they help with my appetite. They are also gluten free which is something I need. I eat them as they are. I never entertained using them with dip or anything else.

30 Wireless LED Christmas Tree Candle Lights
30 Wireless LED Christmas Tree Candle Lights

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective but fiddly, 2 Jan. 2014
I loved the idea of these candles with no wires. They do clamp to the tree very well and look great. I purchased two packs for my 7 ft tree, and really one back would have done. I purchased cheap batteries and they were eaten through quickly. I have two control Duracell candles which are still going so will use better batteries next year. The only issue I have with them is that putting the batteries in the candles can be fiddly, with the cap not closing easily on some of them, and for some reason on the tree some of candles had worked themselves loose and turned off, needing to be re-tightened. One of the thirty I used has ceased to work, nothing apparent to why.
But the effect is really great so I am happy that I purchased these and plan to use them for many years. The ability to put a light exactly where you want it is wonderful.

Clover Double Tracing Wheel
Clover Double Tracing Wheel

5.0 out of 5 stars Ingenious marking tool, 21 Oct. 2013
It is great to be able to run along one line and create two line markings. And it can mark multiple widths making this tool very useful for multiple applications, from marking seam allowances to creating cord or elastic placement. It feels nice and sturdy in the hand too. Another great product from Clover.

Amaizin Organic Corn Rolls Chilli 100 g (Pack of 7)
Amaizin Organic Corn Rolls Chilli 100 g (Pack of 7)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fiery and fun, 18 Sept. 2013
These cornrolls are very delicious. Too delicious to be honest as I sadly tended to eat a whole bag in a short time. Amaizin is a wonderful company. Their products are organic and so no artificial anything. This is wonderful, and if you don't take too long to eat the bag, there is no issue. However, being all natural, they will tend to "air" fairly quickly after opening. But the taste and benefit of having organic is worth the risk. It would be nice to have these in single serving packs to help with portion control and to make sure the experience of them is always the freshest.

Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizer Unisex, 354 ml (Pack of 3)
Noxzema Deep Cleansing Cream Plus Moisturizer Unisex, 354 ml (Pack of 3)
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Noxzema clean + moisturizer is supreme, 18 Sept. 2013
Noxzema has a feeling like no other, and although I have never found the original drying, I felt, especially as my skin is aging, that having the moisturizer is a bonus. The product refreshes and soothes at the same time. Your face feels clean but not tight. And I love the smell. It is unique to Noxzema.

OXO Good Grips Nut/Seafood Cracker
OXO Good Grips Nut/Seafood Cracker

4.0 out of 5 stars Most gripped, some slipped, 15 Jan. 2011
The Good Grips nut cracker is solid and definitely looks that part. It does work on most nuts, but there were some brazil nuts that were still very hard to crack and sometimes when it would crack, the nuts would be shattered. I guess the saying "a tough nut to crack" exists for a reason.

James Martin by Wahl Hand Mixer 300W Silver ZX410
James Martin by Wahl Hand Mixer 300W Silver ZX410

1.0 out of 5 stars Broke on first use, 27 Jan. 2008
I purchased this with the view that it should have a speedy enough motor and was pleased with the additional attachments. However, I received this product and the casing was squint. It snapped into place so I decided to give it a go on a basic sponge, and, pop, it broke. It still turns on and the beaters snap in, but do not rotate. From the other reviews, it appears I may have received a bad one, but the experience leaves me no desire to try another one.