Profile for E. Biggs > Reviews

Content by E. Biggs

E. Biggs "since_2003" (Buckinghamshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
The World's Great Adventure Motorcycle Routes: The Essential Guide to the Greatest Motorcycle Rides in the World
by Robert Wicks

5.0 out of 5 stars Present, 15 May 2013
Lovely pictures.
I have done loads of bike travel and this book does do it justice (prep, expectations, planning, bike choice etc)

My friend is very happy with this gift.

TP-Link TL-MR3420 300Mbps 3G/4G Wireless N Router
TP-Link TL-MR3420 300Mbps 3G/4G Wireless N Router
Offered by Kikatek

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased - great value and works very well., 15 May 2013
I use it with [Huawei E3256 USB Mobile Broadband Modem] on the Three network. When I plugged in the dongle the router did not recognise it.

To get it to recognise the dongle I when to the TP website and downloaded the latest firmware which I installed using a PC and the included Ethernet cable. Very simple and installation takes less than 1 minute.

The router now recognises the dongle and had performed flawlessly. It is very fast - I had 10Mbs showing on 3G using Three network. I have a MIFI dongle on Three and in the same location I get 25% faster speeds, more robust signal/responsiveness, no drop-outs, no high-pitched charging noise that the MIFI gives off when plugged in.

Pros - good range. quick to re-establish connection if either router or dongle is unplugged. Good menus. Lots of security and other settings on offer. Looks good on the window sill.

Cons - none really. The router is not large by any stretch but I think they could have made it even smaller because it feels quite hollow (but not flimsy).
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 9, 2013 8:14 PM BST

Silver Airplane Lancaster Bomber WWII Cufflinks Cuff Links
Silver Airplane Lancaster Bomber WWII Cufflinks Cuff Links
Offered by The Purple Armadillo

5.0 out of 5 stars good, 15 May 2013
Nice quality.
Reasonable size - about right for men's cuffs.
Nice box.
Nice present.
Very happy as it clearly looks like a Lancaster to all those who see it!

Samsung UE32EH5000 32-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview (New for 2012) (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy with this..., 15 May 2013
Great image on HDMI and VGA.
Yes it wobbles - but bear in mind that I couldn't get it wobble when just typing and writing on the desk that it sits on so I couldn't bring myself to take a star off it - it is just a non-issue for an item that sits on a desk all day!
It's light and very inexpensive. Lovely Samsung quality and not a dead pixel in sight.

Invision® TV Wall Mount Bracket - New Slim Line Design With Cantilever Arm Tilt & Swivel Feature For Most 26" - 42" TV Screens, Fits LED, LCD & Plasma, Max VESA 200mm x 200mm (Please Check TV VESA Mounting Holes Before Purchase)
Offered by Invision Technology (UK) Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bracket, 15 May 2013
This is super tough, easy to install, stable and great value for money. I worried that it would be cheap but it is solid, well powdercoated to protect it, smooth to rotate, gives you lots of options for angle and alignment and I'm very happy with it!

Three Pay As You Go 1GB Premium Dongle - Black
Three Pay As You Go 1GB Premium Dongle - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased..., 15 May 2013
I have had this for a week now. I bought it to use with [TP-Link TL-MR3420 300Mbps 3G/4G Wireless N CABLE Router] and it works perfectly.
Signal is good. Responsiveness is good. Not had any downtime yet. It is quick to re-establish connection after you unplug and reinsert it again. Very happy. One of the latest dongles and it works perfectly. Not tried 4G, but I did manage over 10Mbs which I've never seen before on 3G (and didn't know it was possible).

Very pleased.

Make sure you insert the SIM card the right way round as per the diagram under the SIM card cover - that will save you some troubleshooting.

Allcam IT-735 USB 2.0 and e-SATA combo Enclosure for 3.5" SATA Hard Drives -Black
Offered by eHome

4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid performer, 7 Jan 2013
This drive is easy to use. Drop in your drive and away you go. I have also unplugged mid-transfer without breaking it. Not the fastest speed, hence 4star, but very happy otherwise.

Braun Oral-B Professional Care 500 Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush with Precision Clean Brush Head
Offered by Rodgers Enterprise

5.0 out of 5 stars Needed a new charger so cheap to buy a whole new one!, 6 Dec 2012
The motion is a bit noisier and 'causer' than the expensive version but the battery last just as well and I think it's better value. I miss the 1/4 job timer but not enough to spend more.

These are just the 'norm' for me now. No going back.

High 5 Zero Hydration Tablets 1 Tube x20 Berry
High 5 Zero Hydration Tablets 1 Tube x20 Berry
Offered by Nutrisun

4.0 out of 5 stars Berry is best, 6 Dec 2012
I like berry best. Just be aware that ZERO calories means you'll need to eat other things instead while cycling or you will hit the wall. There is a version of these with Caffeine in as well - also good but again, no calories, so be careful out there! After 40miles I felt awful because I hadn't eaten enough. I was hydrated but just no energy!

I continue to use these (enduro races, cycling long distance etc.) Very convenient, tastes good (especially if you drink it for 10hours in a row - not many drinks you can say that about!!!)

Profex Helmet Rain Cover
Profex Helmet Rain Cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy with this..., 6 Dec 2012
This review is from: Profex Helmet Rain Cover (Sports)
I give a lot of 5* reviews. The reason is that I research the products I buy a lot before I buy them so in this case I made sure that people were happy with fit, toughness, price etc...

I'm pleased with this. It fits my Medium helmet well. Waterproof. Doesn't rustle in the wind. Sheds water unnoticeably. Good value too.

I did Land's End to John O'Groats (United Kingdom) and used this for a couple of days (1 rainday but a couple of cold wind days where the cover really helped keep my head warmer).

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6