Profile for J Smith > Reviews

Content by J Smith

J Smith

Anker® 2nd Gen Astro E3 10000mAh Portable Power Bank Pack External Battery USB Charger with PowerIQ™ Technology for iPhone 6 5S 5C 5 4S, iPad Air, mini, Galaxy S5 S4 S3, Note 4 3 2, Tab 4 3 2 Pro, Nexus, HTC One, Motorola Droid, Moto X G, PS Vita, Gopro, most other Phones and Tablets
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this, 13 Sep 2014
Brilliant item, so versatile and will charge my HTC One X about five or six times - this was a godsend on a recent holiday away where my phone was being used as a SatNav device and thus the battery was run down very quickly. On that same holiday it charged four other Phones, as well as my Dads Digital Camera!

It's not that chunky so will fit in a front pocket (assuming the pocket isn't shallow) and it feels robust, it comes with a little carry case for additional protection and also to allow you to unplug the cable and keep both components together.

I wouldn't hesitate in buying another one.

Cycling Bike Bicycle Frame Pannier Front Tube Pouch Bag Mobile Phone Holder
Cycling Bike Bicycle Frame Pannier Front Tube Pouch Bag Mobile Phone Holder
Offered by fashionnewsun

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, 13 Sep 2014
Been using this for just shy of a year, it fits my HTC One X perfectly and has a decent sized compartment for putting keys, change, etc in. The fasteners are relatively secure with three separate fasteners giving great peace of mind that it won't fly off. However the velcro is starting to pull away somewhat, nothing that a quick stitch wouldn't fix.

Motorola Moto G Premium TPU Hydro Gel Case Cover + FREE Screen Protector and Polishing Cloth + Capacitive Stylus / Touch Pen (OWL)
Offered by AEL®-FANCY DEALS UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value and Design, 13 Sep 2014
Great cover, snug fit and looks the business. All ports and buttons are easily accessible along the edge of the phone and it looks like it will give a good protection in the event of any knocks.

Cable-Tex MOLEX to twin 2 Sata Power Adaptor Lead / Convertor Cable
Cable-Tex MOLEX to twin 2 Sata Power Adaptor Lead / Convertor Cable
Offered by TK Logistics

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, useful and inexpensive, 21 July 2014
I needed to find some power for my new HDD without removing a CD Drive (Why i think I need two I've no idea...), I'd run out of SATA power leads but had plenty of MOLEX (I didn't know the name of that particular cable before I purchased this and still don't rightly know what it's traditional use is...) so this was just what the doctor ordered, not only have I now got that additional internal storage, I've also got a spare SATA lead if I wanted to expand inside even more.

The Pins matched up nicely at both ends so no damage when installing, the cable looks to be good quality so should stand the test of time.

No complaints with any part of the service, packaging was good and delivery time at the shorter end of the delivery window.

Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"
Gazboat Presta to Schrader Valve with O Ring "Free UK Shipping"
Offered by Gazboat

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job nicely, 21 July 2014
Excellent little thing, has turned pumping up my tyres from a chore to... well a chore thats slightly easier to bear! I've used it on a number of ocassions and there is very little air leakage if any, the thread threads onto my Presta valve nicely and the other end also fits into my pump as it should.

It is tiny so as you might expect could be eay to lose but at the price its not too painful to have to buy again.

Packaging was just a small jiffy envelope but more than sufficient to ensure no damage in transit.

StarTech.com Replacement PC Mounting Screws #6-32 x 4mm Long Standoff - 50 Pack
StarTech.com Replacement PC Mounting Screws #6-32 x 4mm Long Standoff - 50 Pack

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for screwing things together..., 21 July 2014
Good quality and volume of internal screws, screwed my hard drives in nicely... not much more to say! They came in a nice resealable package, well labelled up so I won't be head scratching in six months time wondering what they are... just need to make sure I don't lose them now!

John Guest - 18Mm Pipe Clip (PACK OF 10)
John Guest - 18Mm Pipe Clip (PACK OF 10)
Offered by Hoses and Couplings Online

4.0 out of 5 stars Just What I Needed, 3 April 2014
Excellent item, just what I needed for a bit of DIY Garden Cage making - just the right size to securely hold six foot plastic garden canes onto my large wooden planters... definitely not their intended use (I'm guessing!) but purchased at £2.50 as an experiment and very pleased at the price, not sure I'd pay more though...

Epson Expression HOME XP 215 Colour Multifunctional Printer
Epson Expression HOME XP 215 Colour Multifunctional Printer
Offered by Ben Madigan

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Little All-In-One, 22 Sep 2013
Thought I'd write a review to balance out the one star review already there which was written having not got the printer to function.

Well, first things first I've got it up and running and the process was relatively straight forward... stick the installation disk in the PC and follow the instructions. I came a little unstuck when the Printer was trying to connect to the PC (and vice versa) as it didn't want to 'first time connect' via Wi-Fi... not a problem though (if you have a USB cable) as the 'wired' process is as simple as sticking the cable in and letting the PC recognise the Printer and the installation disk do it's bit.

The Printer itself is nice and small and fits into a little cubby hole in my computer desk which I had expected to be far too small. Not that it would have mattered as with it's wireless capabilities it can go pretty much anywhere it gets a signal and has a power supply. It looks 'nice' in so much as it's more matt than gloss so won't stick out like a sore thumb and will blend in quite nicely (as long as all your other furniture isn't white / yellow / etc) with it's surroundings.

It prints, which is it's main point of use (I haven't tried the scanner yet), and it prints quite noisily but not noisily enough to cause a headache or result in you looking out of your window for a military flyover... why someone would complain about a printer making a noise is beyond me but a lot of people do! It also prints quite slowly, however nothing I'm printing at home requires printing in one second flat and I'm patient enough to not be concerned at the time it takes, whether that be 10 seconds per page or ten minutes... my life doesn't depend upon the printout so it's just fine by me. The quality of the print is good, it's not brilliant but nor is it bad, it's pretty much as I'd expect in so much as it's better than me hand drawing whats on the screen and it's not as vibrant as the screen image itself... how it handles a photo print is yet to be checked. I've bought this primarily for printing off my Daughter homework and for that purpose I'm more than happy.

I downloaded the Epson iPrint app for my Android phone and had a play at printing with that, it's not a very intuitive app but then again it's not part of the package I've actually paid for, its an extra and I'll probably never use it in reality. If I'm away from home and want something printing I'll wait til I get home, after all if I leave my printer on all day I'll still only be able to get the print when I get home so whats the point? If I want something printing I'll email it to 'Our Gert' and she can print it off normally using a full blown program through which you can tinker and alter the image to your hearts content. So in summary Epson iPrint - nice idea... probably never use it.

Overall I'm more than happy with the Printer and I'd probably give it five stars with a little more use and if I knew of its ink consumption, etc
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 18, 2014 10:55 AM BST

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ38EB-K Digital Camera - Black (12.1MP, 18 x Optical Zoom) 2.7 inch LCD (discontinued by manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It!, 24 Aug 2010
I can only echo all of the positive reviews this camera has received. I'm a Novice photographer at best so I'm not in a position to comment on all of the bells and whistles but it does what I want of it and leaves plenty to explore as I grow into it a little.

Yes, it's a bit of a funny shape (compared to a compact at least!) and that took me a while to get used to. Yes, some of the buttons are in funny places but the important ones are set up pretty much like any other camera (with a few minor differences).

From starting up to taking a picture is almost instant and the shutter speed is a lot better than any compacts I've owned in the past. OK, that's probably nothing special but as someone who only previously owned a compact thats a big plus for me as I can take all sorts of pictures I'd previously not have a hope of getting. I've been lucky enough to have had a Cricket in my bathroom since I got this camera and I must have taken about 80 pictures of it, all of which came out fantastically well with clear, defined detail. The one negative was that I had to get so close to it it ended up jumping into my hair!

I've 'messed about' with some of the other features and the menus/controls are intuitive enough to make sense even to me (as a Man refuse to read the instructions)... I can't wait for payday so I can buy the telephoto and micro lenses.

If you are a one-in-a-while photographer considering making the leap from compact to bridge then I can't image you'd be disappointed in any way by this camera.