Profile for M. Currie > Reviews

Content by M. Currie

M. Currie

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Saplings Space Saver Cot and Mattress (White)
Saplings Space Saver Cot and Mattress (White)

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect if you need a tiny cot, 8 Nov 2013
This is, as far as I know, the smallest cot available. Admittedly it could be a bit more sturdy, but it's sufficient for our needs. It fits perfectly in our small bedroom and the dropside makes nightime feedings and transitions from our bed to the cot very smooth. I reckon it will have been too small for our baby by the time he's one, but that's ok. It's really a perfect cot for that phase betwen a Moses basket and a cot bed. We bought a white one and it looks pretty. We couldn't find any sheets or bedding for that size but you can just use bigger size and tuck it underneath; no bedding/duvets/pillows are to be used for such small babies anyway so you only need sheets. A very good buy if you need a very small cot.

Clearskin BLACKHEAD ELIMINATING DEEP TREATMENT MASK from Avon - Tough on Blemishes
Offered by AmperesBeauty

2.0 out of 5 stars No difference, 8 Nov 2013
I usually adore Avon, but I'm afraid this product hasn't made any difference to my skin whatsoever. Maybe it works for people with serious blackhead problems; for me, absolutely nothing.

Jules Verne: Seven Novels (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classics) (Barnes & Noble Leatherbound Classic Collection)
by Jules Verne

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 26 Oct 2013
If, like me, you grew up with Jules Verne's books, this is a real treat for you. The book contains some of his most exciting titles; the man was a genius and his stories so much ahead of his time (literally and metaphorically). This is a lovely edition with a stunnng cover; admittedly it's not the easiest one to read as it is, let's face it, pretty fat and so not exactly one to carry around, but I till find it convenent to have an omnibus version rather than separate volumes as my bookshelves are crammed already. A lovely gift for any fantasy enthusiast; in fact, t's an absolute must if you're into the genre. It's just that afterwards you will find that nothing will match the author's high quality of writing.

The Tiger Who Came to Tea Plush
The Tiger Who Came to Tea Plush

5.0 out of 5 stars So nice I may keep it for myself, 26 Oct 2013
This is a lovely toy and I can't wait to see my son's face when I give it to him at Christmas. He loves Judith Kerr's The Tiger Who Came For Tea, so hopefully the toy will become the new favourite of his. It's just the right size and flufiness (!); not too soft but sturdy enough to survive inevitable discomforts as my son is bound to want it by his side all the time - but I'll make sure he looks after it as I'm plannng to keep it forever. It deserves to be loved as much as the book.

The Million Pound Note [DVD]
The Million Pound Note [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gregory Peck

5.0 out of 5 stars Classics are best, 26 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Million Pound Note [DVD] (DVD)
This is a heart-warming, lovely story and a perfect afternoon movie for the whole family. Gregory Peck, who plays the main character, is just amazing (and oh so handsome) and the two millionaire rascals will make you think of the duo from Trading Places (obviously). The second half of the movie is a tad weaker than the first one and Peck's love interest is slightly dull and just not sharp and gorgeous enough for him (also acting-wise) but I can live with that. A really lovely film.

Professional FACIAL BRUSH
Professional FACIAL BRUSH
Offered by YOU Salons

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and good value for money, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: Professional FACIAL BRUSH (Misc.)
I have been looking for one of those for ages and you just can't buy them in any regular shops. Body Shop and Oriflame used to sell them, but not anymore. This ne travelled all the way from Asia, so it ook a while to get here, but that's ok. It's a good and useful product and good value for money (the electronic ones are SO expensive). If I were picky, I'd say it should be a tiny bit softer, but it's ok the way it is. Good product and good seller, all in all. When I ad an inquiry, they responded immediately, which wa great.

Slumbersac Long Baby Sleeping Bag Sleeves 2.5 Tog - to fit baby sleeping bag 0-6 months/70cm
Offered by Slumbersac Trading Co Ltd.

4.0 out of 5 stars It could be better but it's fine, 21 Oct 2013
The concept behind this item is very clever and, generally speaking, I'm very happy with the product. I have lots of sleeveless sleeping bags, so it will be definitely earning its keep! It's nice and warm and my baby seems to like it, and I no longer worry that his arms get cold at night. If I were to be picky, I'd say that the design could be improved; as it is,i it's quite high at the neck and looks a bit awkward when it's on - but luckily it doesn't seem to make it uncomfortable to wear, which is what matters most.

Tweezerman No-Slip Skin Care Tool For Blackheads
Tweezerman No-Slip Skin Care Tool For Blackheads

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for some, 21 Oct 2013
This is a smart-looking little device and I'm sure that some users will find it very good, however it's now clear to me that it's not for everybody. I guess it works best for those who have lots of big and kind of bulky (?) blackheads; I used it only a couple of times and on both ocassions the area where I used the device became inflamed and looked a lot worse afterwards. When I used it on a whitehead, it didn't get it out properly and left an ugly mark. So it's either I'm not using it properly (surely I am though? How difficult can it be? I use it gently, as explained in the instructions and make sure to always disinfect the device before and after using it ), or my skin is too sensitive and maybe my blackheads aren't big enough! Either way, it just didn't work for me - but I'm sure it will do for other users.

Bible Stories
Bible Stories
by Norman Vincent Peale

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Bible Stories (Hardcover)
This is a stunning edition: beautifully told stories and wonderful illustrations,a perfect combination and an exquisite gift. Lovely, just lovely.

Arabian Nights
Arabian Nights
by Charlotte (translator) Dixon

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 July 2013
This review is from: Arabian Nights (Hardcover)
This is a stunning book and I could look at its pictures every day and find some new detail that is just gorgeous. Masterpiece.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5