Profile for HeadCook > Reviews

The Silliest Joke Book Ever
by Puffin Team (ed)
Price: 4.79

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas crackers saved, 4 Aug 2014
I bought this as a stocking filler for my partner who likes corny jokes. He dips into it from time to time. However, it really came into it's own at Christmas when too late we realised we didn't have any crackers! We set the kids to work making bespoke paper hats, they selected jokes from this book to suit each relative at the table and once we added some party poppers for the bang we had everything we needed. The jokes are at the cracker level which sometimes (and especially at Christmas) is exactly what you need!

Hozelock Hose Punch 2799 Essential To Any Installation
Hozelock Hose Punch 2799 Essential To Any Installation
Price: 2.89

4.0 out of 5 stars It's just a bit of plastic so quite dear for that - like most of the hozelock system, 4 Aug 2014
I think the name of the product says it all. You need one of these to punch holes in the main supply hose so that you can attach micro hose to it. It does what it says on the tin. It's just a bit of plastic so quite dear for that - like most of the hozelock system. But it works! If the weather is cold you will need to soften the pipe in some warm water to make it easier to snap in the micro hose fittings.

shrubbler,shrub drip irrigation,drip irrigation unit UP TO 33l/hr(pack of 50) ON STAKE in- line FREE POSTAGE!
Price: 37.50

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value and simple to use - helps system look neater, 4 Aug 2014
We inherited some Hozelock kit and started to add to it to cover our large number of pots. I've found it confusing navigating through the many different types of fittings available. After some trial and error I found these and they are great value. If you know about the hozelock system then you will know that you have a 4mm pipe coming out of a main 13mm pipe. Lots of small hoses not only looks cluttered where pots are near to each other, you also need a lot of the micro hose. Using these you can daisy chain one piece of micro hose across a number of pots meaning less trailing pipes. I've found that about four or five in a chain is enough otherwise the water pressure drops off too much when you near the end of the chain. Of course at the end of the chain you need an end of line dripper which I achieved partly through reorganisation of existing drippers and partly by using banking plugs on a small piece of pipe to stop off the end (this combo is cheaper than any end of line drippers I've seen). The advantages of these are good value and less trailing hose. Even when turned up to the maximum they don't produce as much water as the "proper" hozelock ones but at this price it's cheaper to put two into the largest pots.

13mm hozelock compatable barbed pipe fittings(pack of 15 mix n match)
13mm hozelock compatable barbed pipe fittings(pack of 15 mix n match)
Price: 6.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Much cheaper than hozelock equivalent but the barbs make it hard to use, 16 Jun 2014
Ordered these as they are much cheaper than the main branded item. They are compatible with hozelock products and thus far have done the job. Found it really difficult to push the fittings into the pipe - I know it needs to be a tight fit but even so. The barbs make it hard work. I found a tip in another review about softening the pipe in warm water first and that makes all the difference. Still worth the cash saving.

Hozelock T Piece 4mm 2777B 4mm pack of 10 448055 SALE
Hozelock T Piece 4mm 2777B 4mm pack of 10 448055 SALE
Price: 3.29

4.0 out of 5 stars Tidy irrigation system, 16 Jun 2014
We have a lot of pots and like to go away for long weekends and holidays. In order to keep our plants healthy and our neighbours happy (so we don't keep asking for favours) we are setting up an irrigation system. These little size T connectors are just the job to cut down on the amount of piping we have around the garden. If you've started building one of these systems you will know that you connect the 4mm mircohose to a larger tube that runs to the water supply. Using the t connectors reduces the amount of micro hose you need as where you have a group of pots, instead of going back to the main pipe each time, you can have one with short branches to the individual pots. Quite hard to explain without drawing a picture. One star off as these parts are expensive for a little bit of moulded plastic.

PowerBee Endurance  Solar lantern Lights 20 Superbright Led's for ALL year around use in the UK
PowerBee Endurance Solar lantern Lights 20 Superbright Led's for ALL year around use in the UK
Offered by PowerBee Ltd
Price: 22.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Great solar lights, 10 April 2014
I was given these as a present and liked them immediately. Easy to put together (you have to pop out the lanterns and fix them on the holders). Nice and bright and the light lasts a long time. I have had them up for four months now and they are going strong - stay brighter for longer than other solar lights I have. Note they are out of stock which is a shame as I would like to buy some more.

Spider Catcher
Spider Catcher
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Good spider catcher, 8 Feb 2014
Bought this as my partner is frightened of spiders and would squash them if I didn't rescue them and put them outside. He's managed some practice runs with the plastic spider that comes with the device but says I will still have to remove the live ones. Waiting for spider season to come round to try this in earnest but there have been a few spider evictions to date which have all gone well. Much easier than using a glass and piece of paper, quick and simple.

Woly Automatic Black Boot Shaper
Woly Automatic Black Boot Shaper
Price: 12.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good boot shaper, 8 Feb 2014
After sales shopping I found I had more boots than shapers - these arrived quickly, are sturdy and tall enough for knee high boots. Have had cheaper ones in the past which are fine but tend to be suitable only for calf high boots. Would buy again.

Master Class Professional Stainless Steel Triple Towel Holder
Master Class Professional Stainless Steel Triple Towel Holder
Price: 6.51

5.0 out of 5 stars Firm hold on towels and the door, 29 Dec 2013
We have used various stick on hooks inside cupboard doors over the years. Reason being that I don't like to see a tidy kitchen decorated with tea towels but yet they need to be somewhere. Unlike other hooks, these hold the towels well (we have this triplet one for tea towels and a single one for a hand towel) and because they can grip them in the middle the towel easily fits within the height of the cupboard door. Most importantly of all they are firmly stuck to the door and seem as if they will outlast the cupboard itself - all other hooks have lost their stick after not very long. The hooks themselves appear much more expensive than they are so would look good if on display too. Updated eight months later to say the hooks are still firmly stuck to the door ... no sign of them coming loose. This is a good buy.

Darlac Hose Hanger
Darlac Hose Hanger

4.0 out of 5 stars Tidy hose, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Darlac Hose Hanger
As we had hosepipe trailing round our flower bed something had to be done. Pleased to spot this as it does the job but requires no DIY skills other than the ability to open a packet and place it over the tap. The hose is now neat and tidy and it is simple to get it out and put it away. It might not suit a very long hose but perfect for our needs. The only issue I have with it is that it is bright red, so stands out.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8