Profile for Liz > Reviews

Milk Chocolate Red Admiral Butterfly (Foil Wrapped) x10
Offered by Dandy Candy
Price: 5.50

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Red Admirals! (But they taste ok), 27 July 2014
Bought these to play a butterfly-related game with the kids. Chocolate is fine, but nothing special. They look lovely and colourful, which is what I wanted.

Just one minor point: As can clearly be seen from the picture, these are Peacock butterflies (Aglais io) not Red Admirals (Vanessa atalanta). I doubt anyone is likely to buy them on the strength of their species, but it would be nice to see the description updated, on behalf of fellow chocolate-eating insect nerds.

WOMENS LADIES COLORED SKINNY FIT JEANS LEGGING JEGGINGS STRECHY TROUSERS BLACK NAVY BABY PINK PURPLE TURK 8 10 12 14 (14, Black)
Offered by vitageclothing
Price: 6.70

3.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, but seams have split., 27 July 2014
I'm normally a 12-14 so ordered a black pair in size 14 and was very pleased with the fit. The length was great for me too (I'm 5'9" and normally have to get longer length jeans/trousers).

The fabric seems to be decent quality - quite thick, not see-through and looks reasonably denim-like, which is what I wanted - but I haven't had them long enough to know if they'll go bobbly or baggy at the knees. In fact I've only had them a day and already the seams have split on the cross between the legs and on one of the front pockets. I won't be sending them back as its less hassle to just fix them myself. Looking at other reviews it seems I'm not the only one to have this problem, so unless you're handy with a needle and thread then maybe best avoid.

Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Ecozone Dishwasher Tablets x 25 (Pack of 2, Total 50 Tablets)
Offered by Big Green Smile
Price: 10.98

2.0 out of 5 stars Other eco tabs are better, 27 July 2014
Quite disappointed with these. I bought them because I wanted an eco product and couldn't get hold of my usual brand locally any more. The instructions state that you should put them into the dispenser without removing the (allegedly dissolvable) outer plastic wrapper. However, after finding the tab either stuck in the dispenser or undissolved on the bottom of the dishwasher a few times, I started taking them out of the wrapper first. It seems to have helped a bit, but I do quite often find a partially dissolved tab left at the bottom of the machine, and a slimy coating on the washed dishes that I have to rinse away manually. I won't be buying these again.

GUND 60cm Comfy Cozy Quackie Blanket for Newborn (Yellow)
GUND 60cm Comfy Cozy Quackie Blanket for Newborn (Yellow)
Offered by 24/7 DIRECT
Price: 16.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great big soft duck!, 27 July 2014
This is a lovely big soft cuddly duck. Fluffy plush fabric on one side and silky with soft velvety feet and wing tips on the other. I bought one for my toddler son that was quickly "borrowed" on a permanent basis by my 3yr old daughter, who now snuggles up with it every night. (I ended up replacing it with the lion version for my son, which is just as nice, although the mane is not quite as soft as the rest of it, so I like the duck better. The kids seem to like both equally).

Its around 60cm square so not really something I'd be comfortable putting in a younger baby's sleeping area, but I think it would be lovely for a small baby to lie on or play with under supervision, and a nice cuddly friend for an older child.

Faux Silk Readymade Pencil Pleated Cream 66" x 90" Luxury Modern Fully Lined Curtains plus Tiebacks
Offered by Bedding Bank
Price: 21.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely curtains, 27 July 2014
Bought a set of these in cream for my bedroom. Was pleasantly surprised by the quality, and thought the enclosed instructions on how to gather the pencil pleats was a nice touch. They look great, and much more expensive than they are.

Although they are lined, if you want curtains to block the light you'd probably need to add an extra blackout lining, but that's true of many ready made curtains, and not really a problem, just something to be aware of.

I've had them hanging up for a couple of months now and there are still some creases in them, so I'd suggest gently ironing them prior to hanging.

Staedtler Triplus Colour 323 SB20 Fibre-Tip Pen Desktop Box - Assorted Colours (Pack of 20)
Price: 11.80

4.0 out of 5 stars Long-lasting pens, 27 July 2014
My daughter was given a set of these for her 3rd birthday. After six months of daily use, several pens have run out of ink and now need to be replaced. Considering she was previously getting through a packet of cheaper pens every couple of weeks or more, I think that's pretty good value for money. (She has been very careful about putting the lids back on after use. I don't know how long they would last otherwise).

There may be better pens available for someone who likes colouring in rather than drawing, but these have quite fine tips that are ideal for the kind of detailed drawings she likes to do, and the range of colours is good. The flat sides that stop them rolling onto the floor are a nice feature.

My only gripe (hence the four stars) is that the plastic case - which is designed to be propped up as a pen holder during use - was quite flimsy and kept popping apart so all the pens would fall out. It wasn't really a problem for us as she chooses to keep them in a pencil case anyway, but just something to be aware of.

Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)
Crayola Pip-Squeaks - Mini Markers (14 Pack)
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great first felt tips, 27 July 2014
When my 1yr old daughter became simultaneously bored with crayons and fascinated by pens, I looked around for some toddler-friendly washable felt tips and was very happy to have found these. They are chunky enough for small hands to hold, and genuinely wash out of/off clothes, furniture, and said tiny hands (unlike many so-called "washable" kids' pens). They come in a nice bright range of colours, seem to last a reasonable amount of time so long as the lids are replaced after use, and are not too expensive to replace if lids do get left off.

My daughter is now 3 and has moved on to other pens, but I have just purchased another set of these for my son as they were definitely the best toddler pens we found. In the hours since they have arrived he has had great fun colouring on his face, hands, knees, hair, the floor, table and chairs, the fridge, me and his sister - everything but the paper - and so far everything has washed/wiped off.

Delta Baby Shantala Baby Bath for Newborn (Orange)
Delta Baby Shantala Baby Bath for Newborn (Orange)
Price: 19.85

4.0 out of 5 stars Tricky to use with a newborn, 14 Jun 2013
Remembering how much my oldest hated bathtimes in a standard baby bath I decided to get a tub bath for my second child and chose this over some of the others around as it looked big enough to last a bit longer and the lower section at the front seemed like it might make it easier to use. We ended up with a bright orange one as I let my older child chose the colour!

My newborn seems to enjoy floating in it, but it's really quite tricky to wash him at the moment as it's very difficult to keep him upright and above the water using just one hand. (He is prone to getting milk in his little neck folds so he really does need a bit of a wash rather than just a dunk in the tub).

I've seen other reviewers say that tub baths are just an overpriced bucket, but this feels much more sturdy and stable than a bucket, and the two handles make it easy to carry when full. The orange colour is actually quite nice and cheerful too. I think it'll get easier to use once my baby's head control improves so that I don't need to hold him up all the time, so overall I'm fairly happy with it for now. (I'll update this when I find out how well it works with an older baby).

Sistema Klip It 400ml Storage Containers, Pack of 3, Blue, Lime Green & Pink
Sistema Klip It 400ml Storage Containers, Pack of 3, Blue, Lime Green & Pink
Offered by Online Kitchenware
Price: 8.79

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice boxes but not watertight., 14 Jun 2013
These boxes make a nice colourful alternative to lock and lock boxes, fit neatly into the fridge and are a good size for storing toddler-sized portions of food and snacks etc. Unfortunately the boxes I received are not watertight (all three leak at the corners) and are therefore not suitable for taking out and about with anything that might leak, which is a shame, as that's what I'd bought them for. I ended up having to buy lock and lock boxes after all and used these ones to store some of the kids' craft bits and pieces instead.

THREE PACKS of Orgran Wholemeal Bread Mix 375g
THREE PACKS of Orgran Wholemeal Bread Mix 375g
Offered by Thehealthcounter
Price: 12.48

2.0 out of 5 stars Nothing like bread, 1 Feb 2013
Trying to find bread for someone with allergies to dairy, soy, wheat and eggs is quite a challenge. This bread mix is quick and easy to prepare but the result is not very much like bread in terms of taste or texture. Its very salty (although much less so than the white version), doesn't hold together well enough to use like bread (i.e. make a decent slice of toast or a sandwich), and becomes stale very quickly once baked, even if kept in the fridge. We won't be buying it again.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3