Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Cloud Drive Photos Shop Kindle Oasis Listen in Prime Shop now Learn more
Profile for Justin Dowling > Reviews

Content by Justin Dowling

Justin Dowling

Hush Puppies Desert Ii, Men Desert Boots, Beige (Taupe), 9 UK (43 EU)
Hush Puppies Desert Ii, Men Desert Boots, Beige (Taupe), 9 UK (43 EU)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great for wide feed., 1 Nov. 2015
These are longer and thinner that I expected from the reviews.

If you have a wider foot like myself, look elsewhere.

AmazonBasics Laptop Backpack (up to 17 inches) - Black
AmazonBasics Laptop Backpack (up to 17 inches) - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Tight fit for some 17" laptops, 1 Nov. 2015
I struggled to get my 17" laptop in here. I have one of those large Clevo/Onkyo ones you might get custom made somewhere like PC Specialist. I was hoping that getting this would be an easy win - but you have to faff around with the corners anmd it pits a strain on the zip. I needed it for a trip, but I would struggle to use this on a daily basis.

Look for something bigger if you have a big laptop.

EasyAcc LED Flashlight Torch with Free Head Strap and Bike Mount, Adjustable Focus, Black
Offered by EasyAcc.U Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick remove light - versatile and sturdy., 20 April 2015
Great product. I bought this as my last headlight was stolen from my bike. I chose this light because it comes with a clip that allows you to easily adjust remove the light. You can whip it off if you need to lock your bike up outside.

Sadly though, I forgot to take the light off and it got stolen again - so I bought another one immediately, they're that good.

I also managed to ride from Bath to Bristol on the cycle oath in the pitch black with this aimed forward.

You can adjust the brightness, shape, or make it flash.

It also comes with a head harness if you want to mount the light on your head.

I find the whole kit to be very sturdy and easily worth the £8.99.

The shape of this light doubles as a hand held torch which is very useful - other bike lights are awkward for anything other than being on a bike.

Very good design, decent price, decently manufactured.

Dymo S0717930 Omega Home Embossing Label Maker - Blue
Dymo S0717930 Omega Home Embossing Label Maker - Blue

1.0 out of 5 stars Broken already, 30 Mar. 2015
I've used this about 5 times and already the trigger mechanism doesn't press the letters into the tape, and wont even cut.

Flimsy s*** - no way to open it up or repair it.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 12, 2015 1:08 PM BST

New Horrizon Black Anti-slip Comfort Mouse Pad Mat with Gel Foam Rest Wrist Support (Retail Packing)
Offered by NewHorrizon

1.0 out of 5 stars Smaller and cheaper than it appears and not filled with gel - absolute crap, 30 Mar. 2015
This is really cheap and flimsy - nothing like the picture. The padded section ian't filled with gel, it's just a bit of foam and wont support your weight.

Skipping Rope - Fast Speed Cable for Mastering Double Unders
Skipping Rope - Fast Speed Cable for Mastering Double Unders
Offered by MasterofMuscle

5.0 out of 5 stars It feels liek there's nothing there., 24 Feb. 2015
Awesome. When I started using this rope I was getting paranoid that it had broken or I wasn't doing it right - it was so smooth and perfect I was skipping for so long silently and smoothly I had to stop to make sure nothing was wrong.

Would recommend!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 25, 2015 1:46 AM GMT

Logitech Z323 Speaker System
Logitech Z323 Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good for a shared office, 6 Aug. 2014
I'm using these speakers in a shared office and they keep reasonably fidelity at loudish volumes.

Definitely good for this kind of environment - and no hiss as well. Recommended.

Kamor® NFC tags - Mifare 1K Chip, S50 - 10 Pack Waterproof NFC Tags + 1 x Free NFC Keychain + 12 Vinyl Stickers, Android Writeable & Programmable - Adhesive Sticker Back - work with Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Note 3 Note 2, HTC One, HTC First, HTC Droid DNA, Sony Xperia Z, LG Optimus G and many NFC enable phones except for Samsung Galaxy S5, S4, Nexus(Nexus 4 or 10...), Blackberry and Nokia products - One-year Warranty & High Quality After-sales Service (Mifare 1K, S50)

Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)
Logitech X-140 Multimedia Speakers (2.0)

2.0 out of 5 stars Auxillary / headphone jack has hiss, 17 Jun. 2013
The speakers are fine up until you try and plug some headphones into them. Then you get a constant buzzing noise.

Amazon sent me a replacement and the problem persists.

It appears to be a common problem - Logitech say the speakers may be faulty, but even my replacements aren't working.

This is probably less of a problem for many, but I work in an office and need to use my headphones sometimes - and these speakers are simply unbearable in that regard.

A.M.B's Advanced Animal A-Z: For ages 3 to 8
A.M.B's Advanced Animal A-Z: For ages 3 to 8

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book - lots of talking points, 10 Sept. 2012
I recently purchased this book for when I visit my nephews; I loved the Disney-style of the drawings and wanted something to read along with them.

Aside from the lovely illustrations, this book is constructed in such a way as to have multiple tiers of talking points - so you can initially talk about letters of the alphabet, then animals, then adjectives like "angry" or "clever" and then on to more complex concepts.

I firmly believe that at this young age, kids are taking in a huge amount of information - so there is no point in limiting that process. If a kid needs to ignore something, they will.

In this way, the author has designed as book that can be used again and again in different ways.

It's fun to walk through the book, looking at the pictures, asking the kids to say the words, describe the drawings and their relationship to the words - it really opens them up to talking about their experiences and helps them to tie their experiences in to the language they are learning.
As your child grows concepts like warm blooded animals, reptiles, mammals, omnivores, nocturnal etc. are there for the discussion. So I've genuinely had fun reading along with my hyperactive 8 year old nephew Kyle and my little 5 year old princess nephew Shania.

I don't think you can go wrong with this book - the drawings alone are worth the price; but the opportunity to expand young minds is priceless.

Well worth it.