Profile for Margaret > Reviews

A Place Called Freedom
A Place Called Freedom
Price: 4.47

4.0 out of 5 stars A Place called Freedom., 22 July 2014
A really good yarn. The historical background relating to life in the coal mines was very graphic and so interesting, wondering how people survived the conditions imposed on them. Ken Follett always manages to bring the characters in his stories to life and the life stories in the book were truly gripping. I recommend A Place Called Freedom as a good read.

It's Not Raining, Daddy, It's Happy
It's Not Raining, Daddy, It's Happy
by Benjamin Brooks-Dutton
Price: 11.89

4.0 out of 5 stars I have not read this book personally but bought it ..., 5 July 2014
I have not read this book personally but bought it for a young friend and his family. He is in his thirties and has just lost his wife from cancer leaving him with two very young children, both under four. He and his family have found parts of the book helpful to them and gained support from reading of how someone else is dealing with these tragic circumstances.

From the Heart
From the Heart
Price: 1.49

3.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed the actual prose but I finished the book feeling ..., 4 July 2014
This review is from: From the Heart (Kindle Edition)
I found this book rather rambling. I enjoyed the actual prose but I finished the book feeling somewhat disappointed and up in the air.

Jackdaws
Jackdaws
Price: 4.68

5.0 out of 5 stars Jackdaws, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: Jackdaws (Kindle Edition)
A gripping story. A book I found hard to put down once I had started to read it. A very interesting insight into the part that some women played in the second world war. As always Ken Follett has researched the subject well which leads to the authenticity of the story. I thoroughly recommend this book.

Gone Girl
Gone Girl
Price: 2.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Gone Girl, 23 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gone Girl (Kindle Edition)
A really clever plot. Viewing the story from the perspective of the two main characters is amazing. The way the plot develops and twists and turns is a masterpiece of planning. With all the twists it is remarkable how Gillian Flynn has managed faultlessly to make the story seem plausible so that you really believe it could all be happening. A truly remarkable book - I recommend it.

Summer's Child
Summer's Child
Price: 1.00

3.0 out of 5 stars Summer's Child, 30 May 2014
This review is from: Summer's Child (Kindle Edition)
An enjoyable read - good holiday read. Lots of twists and turns and a surprising ending. I would recommend it as a light, enjoyable read.

Mistress
Mistress
Price: 1.99

4.0 out of 5 stars The Mistress, 18 May 2014
This review is from: Mistress (Kindle Edition)
Typical James Patterson. Gets you straight into the story and is fast moving with lots of twist and turns and suspense. I really enjoyed it. The surprises continue right up to the final chapter. Good read.

Sonos PLAY:1 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Sonos PLAY:1 White - The Wireless Hi-Fi
Price: 169.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Sonos Play, 15 May 2014
This is my second Sonos Play speaker and I love it. I now have one in the kitchen and one in the living room. The sound quality is excellent. It is extremely neat and very attractive. I love the fact that I can listen to all the radio stations and CDs that I want through one small speaker. This eliminates the need for separate radios and cd players dotted around the house. I can have the same music playing through both speakers or have something different in each room. I am more than satisfied.

The Bonds of Earth
The Bonds of Earth
Price: 4.79

3.0 out of 5 stars The Bonds of Earth, 28 April 2014
A pleasant homely tale of country living in Cornwall. I found it fairly predictable. A pleasant story to go to bed with.

Judge and Jury
Judge and Jury
Price: 5.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Judge ad Jury, 22 April 2014
This review is from: Judge and Jury (Kindle Edition)
It is difficult to put this book down once you have begun. A typical James Patterson easy to read fast moving thriller. A really enjoyable unusual story sometimes within the law and other times skimming around the edges. I recommend it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6