Profile for Margaret > Reviews

The Crow Road
The Crow Road
Price: 4.49

4.0 out of 5 stars The Crow Road, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Crow Road (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed this story because of the dreamlike quality of the bulk of the book. The characters and the pictures of the relationships between the adults and the growing family and their storytelling were very real. I liked the way the suspense grew towards the end of the book and the final outcome was so right somehow. An enjoyable read.

A Dangerous Fortune
A Dangerous Fortune

5.0 out of 5 stars A Dangerous Fortune, 10 Mar 2014
Ken Follett is such a brilliant storyteller. He draws you into his stories with the wonderful variety of characters and all their joys and problems. The story of the various members of the Pallister banking family keep you reading avidly as they pass through all their highs and lows and intrigues and battles. I really enjoyed this book and couldn't put it down once I started it.

The Detective's Daughter
The Detective's Daughter

3.0 out of 5 stars The Detectives Daughter, 2 Mar 2014
I enjoyed this book but found it slightly meandering and long winded. It was a clever plot but I found I didn't quite get carried along by it. I have not read any of Leslie Thomson's books before - I feel quite interested in her next story about Stella Darnell so will probably catch up with that when it becomes available to see how this somewhat strange character deals with the next mystery.

The Partner
The Partner
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars The Partner, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Partner (Kindle Edition)
This is typical John Grisham material. Brilliantly clever, full of suspense and so many twists and turns. I loved it. The plot is so cleverly worked out and the story as it gradually unwinds is so clever and quite humorous. A jolly good read.

Crossing
Crossing
Price: 3.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Crossing, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Crossing (Kindle Edition)
What a fascinating story. I was gripped the whole way through. The character of Xing was so compelling - I felt such a sympathy for him and almost ached for him to be accepted in his new community. The end was so sad but it also made me so cross that I felt that I wanted to shake someone into realising what was happening. You can tell I found it really moving. Vey good read.

Noah
Noah
Offered by mrtopseller
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Noah Stewart, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Noah (Audio CD)
Fabulous voice. I love this recording - what a talented young man. I look forward to hearing more from him. To have that much talent and to look like that - Wow!!

2 x Plastic Folding Storage Crate Box 32Lt Stackable
2 x Plastic Folding Storage Crate Box 32Lt Stackable
Offered by AP Motor Store
Price: 7.90

5.0 out of 5 stars plastic folding storage., 25 Jan 2014
Very useful around the house and in the boot of the car. They were delivered on time. Very strong - they hold an impressive amount of 'stuff'. Light to carry and they fold very flat when not it use. Good buy.

Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)
Christmas with Mr Darcy (Austen Addicts Book 4)

2.0 out of 5 stars Christmas with Mr Darcy, 25 Jan 2014
I bought this thinking it would be a light read over the Christmas break and as I am an avid Austin fan. I was rather disappointed as I felt it was a rather contrived storyline and very predictable and lacking in anything like a Jane Austin aura. Not really my type of book.

Birdsong (Vintage War)
Birdsong (Vintage War)
Price: 4.31

5.0 out of 5 stars Birdsong, 18 Dec 2013
I think everyone should read this book - with the sixty year anniversary of the start of the first world war next year. It brings into focus the huge sacrifice under unbearable conditions that huge masses of ordinary men made at that time. A totally gripping read.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 1, 2014 12:47 PM GMT

The Grass is Singing
The Grass is Singing
Price: 3.85

4.0 out of 5 stars The Grass is Singing, 18 Dec 2013
An extraordinary read. A study in the gradual disintegration of a personality. It brings into horrifying focus the question of racial inequality that existed in the early days of the European settlers into Africa. A thought provoking read.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6