Profile for S. Regan > Reviews

Content by S. Regan

S. Regan (Doncaster (UK))

The Age of Darkness (The Horus Heresy)
The Age of Darkness (The Horus Heresy)
by Christian Dunn

4.0 out of 5 stars Good overall, 3 Nov. 2013
A collection of short stories (by different heresy series authors), detailing a variety of events in the early years of the heresy. Some stories were better than others but all where worth reading.

Deathwatch (Warhammer 40000)
Deathwatch (Warhammer 40000)
by Steve Parker

4.0 out of 5 stars Dark and brutal adventure, 7 Oct. 2013
I've read several of the Warhammer series. This novel was one of the better ones. I particularly like the involvement of the inquisition and I reckon it could have stood an extra chapter to flesh out their dark designs further. The story now has enough loose ends to warrant a sequel - or most likely it would 'spawn' an unholy series of its own. If a sequel appears I'll definitely take it.

The First Heretic (The Horus Heresy)
The First Heretic (The Horus Heresy)
by Aaron Dembski-Bowden
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

4.0 out of 5 stars The Heresy explained, 21 Oct. 2012
This novel sets the other Horus Heresy novels in context. Well written and with some imaginative insights into the reasons behind the Heresy - if you enjoyed most Heresy pulp - you'll enjoy this. Also the quality may raise the bar quite a bit on Heresy adventures to come.. (may the gods of chaos condemn those authors who fail in this task). Finally, this novel will hopefully be a springboard for the launch of many further strands of the Heresy. What a money spinner...

The Motown Collection
The Motown Collection

5.0 out of 5 stars I never heard of Chris Clark but..., 22 Feb. 2007
This review is from: The Motown Collection (Audio CD)
I find I can listen to some Motown / Northern Soul tracks over and over. I suppose I am a fan of this type of music. Having read the previous reviews, I thought "these tracks can't be that good", but I better check. Anyhow, at least half of all the stuff on this double CD collection is outstanding. (There are several covers of other popular standards but they don't interest me that much). I can't understand how I haven't heard Chris Clark before - she's great. There will be at least 12-14 tracks that you will just have to play again and again. Her voice is as clear and has as much feeling as any of the Motown / NS greats.