Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now
Profile for mouchet > Reviews

Content by mouchet

"mouchet"

Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC CD)
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault (PC CD)
Offered by TnsDealsUK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellence in FPS!, 23 April 2003
I only just completed Allied Assault and can honestly say it was THE most enjoyable, compelling and engrossing game I've played yet - on any format. I was impressed by Frontline which I completed last year on my PS2 and frankly thought Allied Assault was an inferior Frontline...it was not.
The graphics, storyline, sound, level design, in fact everything was just spot on. Making my way through a severely bomb-damaged French town with a squad of roughnecks in tow, whilst the downpour hammered on the tiles above the destroyed houses really engrossed me. The distant whine of approaching P-51's overhead which came into view for only a second to drop their payload upon the ravaged town was amazingly executed with cinematic precision.
It is details like this that makes MOHAA stand out from other first person shooters. I could go on about the specific technicalities; the use of dramatic lighting, the great draw distance, the effective use of weather, but you need to experience it for yourself. I congratulate EA for making such an outstanding game - play it for yourself and see what I mean.
...just can't wait for Medal Of Valour to come out now!

Urotsukidoji - Legend Of The Overfiend / Legend Of The Demon Womb [1989] [DVD]
Urotsukidoji - Legend Of The Overfiend / Legend Of The Demon Womb [1989] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Christopher Courage
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars A fine example of Japanese animation, 4 April 2002
Urotsukidoji was the first anime fim I bought, way back when it was first released in 1992. From that day I have been a huge fan of the film and it's certainly the type that leaves a lasting impression upon the mind!
Many critics damned this film claiming it was little more than a gory horror packed full of sex and violence. Fair to say this is true to an extent, but all the 'controversial' sex and viloence isn't arbatrary and does have meaning within the context of the story. Funny that the critics failed to mention the strong themes of love, romance and age-old struggles that are concentrated on more than the sex and violence.
This film is definetely one of my favourite anime (and I've seen a lot!) and I'd reccomend anyone to watch it - male and female. Just start off with an open mind and a liberal approach and you may see under what the critic's didn't.