Profile for Sean > Reviews

Content by Sean

Sean

Page: 1 | 2
Visconti Multi Compartment Soft Leather Purse Wallet For Ladies - Berry / Purple

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought one for the wife, 1 Jan. 2014
She loves it,
it can become a little thick, if as in the wife's case you are addicted to points cards.

A strong, good quality product.

Samsung HT-E6500 Home Audio System
Samsung HT-E6500 Home Audio System

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought as a replacement for my old 500 system, 17 Aug. 2013
Once my older system gave up the ghost, looked at most of the systems on offer, chose this one purely based on the sound quality and richness, vacuum tubes are so easy on the ears.

Only a couple of niggles, the stereo rendition from external sources is significantly poorer than from DVD/BR and also seems to be off center to the left, this despite running the neat speaker configuration tool several times.

I like the way the unit updates itself and is simple enough to connect via WIFI. the interface is clear. We dont use the unit to stream video so couldn't comment on how well this works.

Summary, for DVD BR viewing the image and sound quality are hard to beat.

Stofen STO-FEN 600 EX-RT
Stofen STO-FEN 600 EX-RT
Offered by AVIDES u.k.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have, also doubles as a chew toy, 2 Aug. 2013
Simply a must to soften the flash, top tip if you have pets buy a few of them :-)

I have other modifiers but these thing stay on my flashes most of the time as I prefer the effect most of the time, you can get the Canon pouch closed over them.

Pixel TD-381 External Flashgun Power Pack for Canon 600EX-RT, 580EX, 580EX II, 550EX

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 2 Aug. 2013
An awful lot cheaper than the Canon (but lets face it almost anything else is), I use them on 600ex, without a problem.

they can get a little warm with heavy use, but nothing major thus far.

If your considering a battery pack then this is about as good as the manufacturers own, especially as the batteries can be left loaded without them draining down.

Transcend 64GB 1000x Ultimate Compact Flash Card
Transcend 64GB 1000x Ultimate Compact Flash Card

5.0 out of 5 stars Thought they were worth a try, No more Sandisk card's for me, 2 Aug. 2013
Bought one purely out of interest, didnt really beleave that these card could compete with Lexar 1000x cards, well boy was I wrong.

On the 5DIII with this card the burst length is between 25 28 shots before you hit the buffer, so a little slower than the lexar but the main reason for using these cards ( at least my reason) is to vastly decrease the time the camera takes to clear the buffer, with these cards the buffer clears in about 4 seconds.

The upshot is, real world you can shoot away all day without any buffer stuttering ( assuming your camera supports udma7! if you dont know check first).

I cant reasonably talk as to the longevity of these cards, but in my case as they are guaranteed for life, and I mostly use the 1dx with mirrored cards for paid work I cant realistically see a problem even if a card should die on me.

If your considering the Lexar or other brands, then you could realistically save yourself a small fortune using these card, I'm now a total convert, other brands wont be seeing anymore of my money.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III 24 - 105 Kit Digital SLR (DSLR) Camera
Canon EOS 5D Mark III 24 - 105 Kit Digital SLR (DSLR) Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars Full frame goodness, excellent AF, 7 Feb. 2013
I have had mine for four months now and am still blown away by the quality of the images this camera can produce ( once the monkey behind the lens sets it up correctly)

The new Digic 5 chip is just stunningly fast with the f4 lens, but with my f2.8 it's instant. The only criticism I could make is the lack of RF flash control, can't understand why they skipped it on the 5D when my 60D has it, and it can be really useful. That said, I totally love this camera.

I know its a considered purchase but If you enjoy photography then buy one, it ain't cheap but it's worth every penny, if its still to much and you can live without the excellent AF then consider the 6D(once the pricing calms down)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality sound and compact, beware noise cancellation, 7 Feb. 2013
I didn't enjoy spending this sort of money, but trust the brand so made the leap, the sound quality for Bluetooth is amazing, these are easily comparable to a wired set of cans.

Anyone needing the noise cancellation function should stay well clear though as the function on these headphones simply ruins the quality, so much so that for me noise cancellation is unbearable.

The talk through feature on the other hand is excellent, this allows you to keep the headphones on and hear what people are saying to you, particularly useful when your on a flight, as the attendants seem to interrupt your listening/viewing with boring regularity.

They fold down really well for a full size headset, so useful when travelling. My only suggestion would be to buy a spare battery for longer trips, I average about 4hours on a charge. Once the battery is drained you can simply attach the lead, so the headphones function as a normal corded set, without the talk threw etc

All in all very happy with them.

Canon EF Mark III 1.4x Extender
Canon EF Mark III 1.4x Extender
Offered by PHOTO UNIVERS

5.0 out of 5 stars A Welcome Upgrade, 30 Dec. 2012
This the latest version has slightly better glass and better enviro seals, I use mine with the 70-200 f2.8 is ii lens to increase my reach, with this adapter my fast glass stays fast (F4)distortion isn't worth mentioning as its so slight.

One thing to check before you buy is the lens compatibility information on the Canon website as the adapter isn't compatible with all L series lenses.

I find that I use the adapter more than I ever thought I would.

Hope this helps.

Wedamart 4TB (4000 GB) QUAD NAS - Network Attached Storage Enclosure for 3.5"  QUAD SATA HDD GIGABIT Ethernet - RAID 0 & 5 JBOD SAMBA NFS DLNA iTUNES BITORRENT PRINTER SERVER
Wedamart 4TB (4000 GB) QUAD NAS - Network Attached Storage Enclosure for 3.5" QUAD SATA HDD GIGABIT Ethernet - RAID 0 & 5 JBOD SAMBA NFS DLNA iTUNES BITORRENT PRINTER SERVER

4.0 out of 5 stars REASONABLE KIT FOR THE PRICE, 6 Feb. 2012
Seem to be a lot of negative reviews about these NAS boxes, we have two of them, the first one is about two years old at the time of writing and has given us zero problems, it has two 1TB WD re4 enterprise drives in it in RAID1, these drives are changed annually (important stuff on our nas's)the only comment that I would make is that it tends to run a little hot.

The second NAS is the same model but only 6 months old and is running in a separate location purely as a backup for the first, again we have had no issues thus far.

Both of the boxes are purely used as file storage on our LAN no media streaming etc. the only other comment I could make is that the manual is a bit of a joke, in poor English and sparse.

Silverline 123896 8 Piece Ball End Metric Hex Drive Set
Silverline 123896 8 Piece Ball End Metric Hex Drive Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice Bit of Kit, 20 May 2011
The 1/4 socket on the top of the drivers is a nice touch. very comfortable handles and just feel well built.
have used them most of today to setup mounting brackets, much faster than conventional alen keys.

Page: 1 | 2