Profile for Graham > Reviews

Content by Graham

Graham

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19
Topwell® Universal QI Wireless Charging Receiver film for micro-USB of All Android Mobile Narrow-interface Up (Port A)
Offered by ATekCity

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant but,,,,,,, 19 May 2014
When I received this I tried all ways to get it to work on my Motorola Moto G.
I had complained to the seller too that it was FAULTY! but then I Googled and Googled and Googled and I found out the the Moto G needs to be rooted to be able to wireless charge but one forum and one person says the Moto G will charge if I lock the screen with a password or PIN or a pattern lock.
I locked the screen using a PIN and hey presto!!! it charged with the screen locked.
So therefore this is a good item and works perfectly for my Moto G.
I do recommend these but they are cheaper on eBay so shop around and if you are prepared to wait for one from China then they are really cheap.

Good item and I am pleased with it now I know it works. Thank you Google.

Beautiful Magnetic Hematite Stretch Bracelet - Different Styles Available - YOU CHOOSE - SET OF 3
Offered by Cygnet Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice but cheap on eBay, 10 May 2014
I bought mine on eBay for 99p. Yes! it was from China as these are made in China anyway but a little flimsy to be honest and elastic is a bit of a thin grade.
As I have rather thick wrists I decided to bid for 2 of them and I won one for 50p and the other for 75p. If you are prepared to wait 2 or 3 weeks from China then give them a go. I received mine in 7 days and then I took them apart and bought some better quality elastic (cotton coated) and made one up using a beading needle.
Then "hey presto"!! I got mine to fit perfectly by adding a few extra from the other spare one.
I have since bid on 4 more and won all them for less than 99p each and I have made some more larger ones for my friends.

You will no doubt see the knots in the elastic too but if you make smaller knots than the ones that came and make sure they are really really tight (and yes you can with better quality elastic) you can pull them through one of the beads and hide them.
All in all these are very good beads but you are far better to buy them from eBay and maybe you can get 6 or more for the price you pay here and make your own to your own design using the beads.
Nice item and haematite (hematite) is a kind of rock and is a deep red in colour and has supposingly got healing power but only if you believe in it (psychological) and magnet therapy too. Never helped me an my poor joints or helped my blood flow but may work for others. Anyway they look good but soon get worn out after a few months of wear.

I can hold mine against my watch and it does no harm to mine. Maybe if you have a cheap mechanical watch it will stop the ticker but as long as it doesn't stop your ticker you will be ok.

EMARTBUY 32GB HIGH SPEED CLASS 6 MICRO SDHC CARD WITH SONY CCR-80 USB READER BULK PACK SUITABLE FOR SONY ERICSSON XPERIA X10
Offered by emartbuyuk

1.0 out of 5 stars What a nerve, 2 May 2014
This seller is a robber for this price (£95.99) and what a laugh.
My god you can buy a 32gb Branded class 10 Micro SDCH card for less than £15 these days and the actual Sony Ericsson card reader is quite good.
I purchased my card reader from eBay for £4.99 and a good brand 32GB memory card for £11.49 (Kingston) = £16.48.

The card reader should you wish to buy from elsewhere is a lovely made item and looks really nice and is so robust.
Has a little light so you know when it is working. It takes any micro sd card 32gb, 64gb whatever and is faultless.
Windows 7 picked it up and installed the drivers with no problems.

DO NOT BUY FOR THIS PRICE ON HERE BECAUSE HE IS A ROBBER AND SHOULD BE THROWN OUT OF AMAZON.

INTERIOR DEHUMIDIFIER SET OF 2. STOP DAMP CONDENSATION MILDEW CARAVAN BOAT HOME
INTERIOR DEHUMIDIFIER SET OF 2. STOP DAMP CONDENSATION MILDEW CARAVAN BOAT HOME

5.0 out of 5 stars Working wonderful, 11 April 2014
Nothing wrong with these things. They work very well and contrary to what the review says about not working, this thing is wonderful.
Yes it really keeps my old none double glazed bedroom free from dampness.
I am looking at it now and I see water in the bottom of the container so I know it is stopping a lot of the damp.
I will but again with confidence and I will use these always.
So do not listen to the person who says these do not work because believe me,,,,, they do and they are a wonderful item.

Fancy Magnetic Hematite Healing Stretch Bracelet Arthritis Migraines Headaches
Fancy Magnetic Hematite Healing Stretch Bracelet Arthritis Migraines Headaches
Offered by CharmsAlot

3.0 out of 5 stars CHEAP ON EBAY, 8 April 2014
Did you know these are from China?? and I purchased 2 on eBay. My first one I won the bid for 84p and free postage took 2 weeks to come. It was a little small for a man so I decided to bid for another one on eBay and this time I won it for 74p with free postage and took 1 week to arrive. I went to my local £ shop and bought some cotton coated elastic with a set of beading needles.
I then took my 2 bracelets to bits and added 4 more magnets and beads to make mine bigger and to fit my wrist.

Well I now have one that fits perfectly and have a lot of spare beads and magnets and all cheaper than buying 1 from here.

I don't think these are really Hematite because Hematite is red and sometimes a very dark brown because they are of course an iron oxide.
I have never seen a black magnetic one before. Anyway I purchased mine for the magnetic therapy and not for the hematite because I really do not think they are hematite.

If you are thinking of purchasing one or two then go get them from eBay.

Attractive Shiny Hematite Stretch Bracelet for Healing. **SALE PRICE** Arthritis, Migraines, Headaches and Healing Injuries. Magnetic Therapy Jewellery.
Offered by libbyshouse

3.0 out of 5 stars Hematite?? (Maybe), 7 April 2014
These are nice bracelets for 74p from eBay.
My first one I bought from eBay for 84p but was a little tight for me so I purchased another one and won the bid this time for 74p.
The first one took 2 weeks to arrive from China and second one also from China only took 1 week.
Then I purchased some cotton covered elastic (the same as these bracelets use) and a packet of beading needles and took 2 apart and used 4 more magnets and beads to make mine a little bigger.
I was thinking I could buy these from China and make bigger ones for the men and sell them for this price here on Amazon and make a lot of money.
These are (buy now) on eBay £1 and free postage so if I was you and you don't mind waiting maybe 2 weeks for it then go get one on eBay.

If you buy 50 for £1 each = £50 from China and sell them here for this price you will well in the money. You could sell them for £5 and cheaper than Amazon so if you did buy 50 and sold for £5 you will make £250 and that to me is a £200 profit for doing nothing.
Yes postage will be taken off that but you will still make a lot of money.

These are really nice too and they are of coarse just threaded with black cotton coated elastic and tied with a knot.
Simple but easy to make yourself too.
I like mine and I will be purchasing more from China and maybe I will purchase a container load and become rich like some of these guys on Amazon.

I see the first review has been reading about Hematite but for some reason has called it Hermatite.
Hematite is a red iron oxide but I don't think these bracelets are hematite really. I know they can come in a dark brown too but I have never seen black magnetic ones before. Did you know also they have found tons and tons of this stuff on the planet Mars? (The Red Planet)

Anyway I bought them for the magnetic therapy and not for the Hematite but because these really are not hematite.

So to sum it all up,,,,, Go get one from eBay for only a few pence and free postage too.

12V Wet & Dry Vacuum - Camping / Tent Cleaner
12V Wet & Dry Vacuum - Camping / Tent Cleaner
Offered by FastcarDirect - 24 Hour Dispatch

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad little Vacuum Cleaner., 30 Mar. 2014
The first thing I would like to point out is that this little thing is not a HOOVER as many people keep saying on these reviews.
Hoover is a brand name and this is a car Vacuum Cleaner and not a HOOVER.

Anyway what do you expect for the price?? you will not get a vacuum cleaner as good as a Dyson for this money but what you do get is something that will pick up dust and small objects.
The suction on this will never be like a proper HOOVER vacuum cleaner but for the price it is really good so I cannot grumble.
Don't expect it to last long for this price too but it will only be used for the car or boat so should be ok for a couple of years.

OK I am just going to do some Hoovering with my Dyson lol. Or I might go do some Dysoning or Elecrtoluxing.

Aerocool Shark 12cm Quad LED Fan - Green
Aerocool Shark 12cm Quad LED Fan - Green

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful airflow, 19 Mar. 2014
I purchased mine from eBay for £7.49 and with free postage too but well worth it even at this higher price.
Very well made and super packaging too. I really like the idea of having multiple cables for connectivity. It comes with rubber mounts too as well as screws should you need them.
The cables are for 4pin Molex or 3pin fan connector.
It moves a lot of air from my computer and I don't think I will bother with a front fan as the rear fan (where I fitted mine) expels the air from the front anyway, so with the CPU fan and the rear fan is plentiful.
Lovely colour green and looks like the dogs dangly bits. I was silly to turn this on before I fitted it because I needed to know the airflow direction. As I was fitting it I occidentally touched the fan blades and being so powerful it nearly took the end of my finger off so please don't do what I did and connect it first before you fit it, it was a stupid idea anyway.

To be honest with you I have never seen such a well made fan but time will tell how long it will last. I will get back and change my review should anything happen for the worse.
Looking at it now through my perspex window on my midi tower looks really nice and shows off my hard work after I built this.
I would buy another most definitely and should anyone come on here and say they are noisy,,, trust me they are only slightly noisy on full power and any fan will make a noise of the air gushing out. You should listen to your car radiator fan when that turns on and listen.
I have a Media Dashboard on my computer and I use this for fan control and is a voltage regulator (proportional) so at low speed you can hardly hear it and high speed yes but not too noisy.
My CPU fan is noisier and that is regulated too.
All in all I would recommend this fan to anyone but it is cheaper on eBay.

I gave it 5 stars because it is worth 5 stars and sure is a wonderful fan for the price.

AVP Avp Commander X8 Mid Tower Inverted Atx Black Case Usb 3.0
AVP Avp Commander X8 Mid Tower Inverted Atx Black Case Usb 3.0

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute bargain, 18 Mar. 2014
This case is a bargain for the price.
I purchased mine from eBay for £24.82 and it came next day.
OK it's not a top of range case but is very sturdy and well built.
I do like the idea of the PSU situated at the bottom of the case and draws the air up from the bottom and blows out the back, well it does mine anyway because I have a Trust 570 Watt PSU with 2 fans. Also does have a dust filter at bottom of case where the PSU fits so will in fact prolong the PSU and fans (make sure you keep the filter clean). The PSU will fit either way up because of the multiple holes for the screws.

I see the first review here did say something about the removal of the back plates to fit your cards and yes! this is common to remove them and is not necessary to put any plates back as you have your cards there anyway.
There is plenty of room too to route your cables and makes the inside of the case look really roomy especially looking through the side perspex window.
One little tip is to make sure you do not fit your CD/DVD rom drive directly opposite your graphics card. I have a Nvidia 9600GT and will fit with the CD/DVD rom drive there but only just fits so best to situate the CD/DVD rom drive in the bottom bay and of course this all depends on where your PCI graphic card slot is as they all differ anyway on different mobo's.

The case looks really nice and has 2 front red LED's (left and right) for the HDD and do work in unison. Looks good and the power light is blue, would have been nice if the HDD LED's were blue too but cannot grumble for this price.
I will maybe tomorrow receive my back fan which will be green and will look really good from the side perspex window.

It was a bit weird fitting the mother board upside down but really works well and this means you have to fit your graphic/sound cards upside down too but no problems with that.
My mother board does not support USB3 so I purchased a USB3 pci express card with a 20 pin USB socket, after fitting this I now have a front USB3 port. Very nice and very quick now.
I didn't like to see a blue USB3 port on the front without doing something about it. So all is good and working very well.

I also fitted a fan power adjuster with a combined card reader and LED temperature window in blue.
Fan speeds will be adjusted with the little controls on my bought unit.
The case has stubby legs and with the PSU being on the bottom makes it really sturdy and not top heavy.

I cannot think of anything wrong to say about this case. For the price I paid and even for the price here on Amazon it is a darn good case. Looks like the dogs dangly things and in my opinion I would buy one and get one while they are still at this price.

There is room on the front to install a 120mm fan but there are also screw holes to fit smaller fans on the front too.
I have not fitted a fan on the front as the CPU cooler and the rear fan is ample. Really nice cool case and there is also a vent with a dust filter on top too.
There are plenty of gaps and crevices to hide the cables you do not use.
Just take note:: Although it looks like the case has room for 3 full size bays it only has 2 because the bottom one looks like it might be for a small 2.5 bay but is hidden inside.
Obviously no room for a floppy drive as these are obsolete now anyway.

The case would look nice with a front LED fan but on at the rear will light up the inside anyway and I cannot wait to get my green fan :-)

Overall it is a really good looking case and is well worth the 5 stars I have given it.
Comment Comment | Permalink

500ml Dehumidifier Desiccant / Silica Tub for Damp, Moisture & Mold
500ml Dehumidifier Desiccant / Silica Tub for Damp, Moisture & Mold
Offered by New Deal of The Day

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Brilliant, 18 Mar. 2014
I have never tried one of these before and OH BOY!! it really works.
I used it in my bedroom as I live in an old house and does get very damp, especially the windows (not double glazed).
It is a 3' X 4' window so not too big but I am amazed at how well this thing can absorb the moisture.
After 3 days of use it is noticeably heavier because of the water it has absorbed. The sunshine (if we ever get any) will help to dry it up in the daytime.
The top half of the container is full of the absorbent beads and the bottom half is where the water drips into through a filter.
The instructions said the white beads will eventually turn to a jelly which will then come to the end of it's life.
I will come back and let you all know how long this has lasted but remember my house is a damp house but yours could last a lot longer anyway.
I received this in 24 hours of ordering so no problems with the seller.

It is lovely to get up in the morning and see there is only very little mist on the window glass. Normally the water is running down the glass.
If you have a bigger window than mine then maybe you will need more than 1 but at this price it is well worth it.
When you take off the lid for it's first use, be sure to not take the absorbent white membrane off with it as this needs to stay on.
I presume it has to stay on for safety as not to have the white absorbent beads showing.

I will definitely buy some more from this seller because at £1.65 and free delivery you just cannot go wrong.
So if you have a damp room or a damp shed or a damp anything, this will be ideal to keep the moisture at bay.
I do not think it will be much good in a very wet room such as the bathroom but certainly good enough for a damp bedroom.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-19