Profile for Graham Anderson > Reviews

Content by Graham Anderson

Graham Anderson

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29
Intel Q6600 Core 2 Quad Processor - 2.40 GHz, 8MB L2 Cache, 1066MHz FSB, Socket LGA775, 65 nm, 3 Year Warranty, Retail Boxed

1.0 out of 5 stars Too Old And Too Expensive, 21 Nov. 2014
Do not be conned into buying one of these from here as they are dirt cheap now.
These are old but still a good processor but do not buy one from here.
You can pick these up second hand from eBay for £25 or maybe a touch more.

Still a good CPU but not worth paying this price for.

Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup
Offered by Bright Sparks Store

2.0 out of 5 stars DOES NOT BOIL THE WATER TO 100 CENTIGRADE., 23 Oct. 2014
Well I thought these would be better for the price but please be careful you use a mug and not a cup or will it overflow.
The water does not boil to 100 C as you need to make a good refreshing British Cuppa.
It is okay for coffee as you need only 80 C for a good cup of coffee.
I can only give this 2 stars as it really is overpriced and does not do the job it was designed for. Although it is a really good design should it boil the water to boiling point but it does not.
The other thing is that you must not forget to put a mug under it or you will get hot (not boiling) water overflow from drip tray.
The drip tray is only a drip tray and will not catch all the water should you forget to put your mug under.
Well designed but just does not do it's job and boil.
Spurts out a bit fierce too and makes one hell of a noise.
Why did they call it "Breville VKJ142 Hot Cup"? Well I will tell you why,,, Because only hot water comes out and not boiling.
Everyone who likes to make a traditional good old English Cuppa knows that the water has to be boiling.
Also it makes me cringe when I see people put the milk in first.
Does not make a decent cuppa because of the none boiling water.
Sorry I go on a bit about the boiling water but Breville have not really thought this one out and have made a beautiful designed 1 cup kettle but not for me I am afraid, mine will be going back for the reason being "NOT BOILING WATER"

BaByliss for Men Powelight Pro
BaByliss for Men Powelight Pro

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the bad reviews say., 15 Oct. 2014
Purchased these a couple of weeks from eBay for £16.89 and free delivery too.
I charged them up for 16 hours as suggested in the instruction booklet.
I thought these were cheap enough to give it a go and it has already saved me the money I had purchased them for.
My hair was very long and thick for a guy and I decided I wanted now to have it short and neat, so I used this item and started with a number 8 all over. The power was fine and never snagged in my hair once. It worked like a professional item and cut it with ease.
After finishing the number 8, I then changed it to a number 4 and proceeded to cut the back and the sides and did a perfect job.
I was very proud of myself and the whole hair cut with the number 8 and the number 4 had taken me about 30 minutes but then it really needed another charge. The instruction booklet did say it would last a good 30 minutes and after 2 or 3 more charges the battery would be at full capacity.
Be sure to run the battery down completely before you charge it for the second and 3rd times as this will work wonders for the battery.
I do not understand why some of you say it is sluggish and not very powerful because this is working really well.
The guy who had one melt lol should send it back for a replacement or a refund as this one is 100% perfect.
I know they are made in China but very well made in China and not so heavy as the professional ones.
Make sure you put a few drops of oil on the blades after every use but don't forget to clean the hair off first, Little brush and oil are supplied with this kit.
I cannot find anything wrong with this, just remember it is for home not for a professional.
I like the fact that it is rechargeable and I have not had to use it yet with the cord on.
Should I have any problems then I will come back here to amend my review but even if I get just a few cuts from it then it is worth it and already has saved me the price of a haircut. So really it has already paid for itself and I would have been embarrassed to go to the barbers with my mop of hair.
It cut my hair perfectly and all the bad reviews here are to me useless reviews because it is a marvellous piece of kit.
All I need now is a woolly hat because my head feels so cold now lol.

Kingston Technology DataTraveler Ultimate G3 USB 3.1 Gen 1/USB 3.0 Flash Drive, Read 150 Mbps, Write 70 Mbps - 32 GB

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What is Says on The Packet, 9 Oct. 2014
Does What is Says on The Packet.
Brilliant piece of kit and is really fast. Obviously when you get this it will be formatted to FAT32 as many gadgets use the FAT32.
I will not go on to explain about NTFS because the IT Engineer here as already done that.
However some computers will struggle to get the speeds and others will be spot on and very fast.
I doubt if people are buying this and using a USB2 port thinking this will be faster because that is just not going to work.
I know we do have some newbies and they need to learn but we are all here to help should you need any information.
This card is a little bigger than I thought but solid and robust and should last forever if treated with respect.
I do like the 5 year warranty and apparently Kingston are brilliant if they go wrong, they will just ask for a photo and then they will send you a new one.
It is a really nice memory stick and I will but again, works so fast and the read and write speeds are just as advertised.
I am very happy for the price is really good.

Epson XP605 AIO Expression Premium Wi-Fi Photo Printer
Epson XP605 AIO Expression Premium Wi-Fi Photo Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars EPSON AT THEIR BEST, 4 Oct. 2014
Brilliant printer from Epson as always.
This is a little gem of a printer and prints superbly. Photo printing is one of the best I have seen and documents are so clear and black.
I have no problems with this printer at all and it is very quick too. I love the double sided printing and when printing PDF files it is the dogs dangly bits.
I cannot understand why there are a lot of negatives here??? This is a home printer designed for home and not a busy office.
I can easily get 100 sheets in the front cassette which will last me a few weeks so don't take any notice of the people who say they can only get a few sheets in, I think they must be using thick cardboard or something. The paper I use is Xerox 80gsm and 100 sheets will go in easily.

The only little gripe I have with this is the way you have to pull the paper catching tray out before you print. It doesn't bother me too much but being use to my Epson 515W I didn't have to do that but I will soon get used to it as I already have.
I also like the things you can do with it without having your computer on. It will print lined paper for you for letter writing and also copy and print a CD without having the computer on. It will do many things from the printer screen without the aid of a computer.
As far as I am concerned this is the best printer Epson have made to date and I would not have bought the 700 or 800 or even the 900 series as this one is the best.
Takes compatible inks easy and I have just purchased 20 inks (4sets) for £5.99 from eBay.
This printer takes 5 cartridges and one of which is the Photo Black. Super machine and my brother liked is so much he bought one too.
I would not pay this price for one though as it is ridiculously priced. I bought mine from eBay for £32 and that had a full set of Epson inks in too. So shop around and don't buy from here as they are too expensive. Do not pay any more than £50 for one of these.
Mine was an ex demo but never used and worked first time.
Easy to connect to WiFi if you all know how. I realise some of you will have problems here but no need for a USB cable if you have a WiFi router.

Epson Expression Premium XP 605 Colour Multifunctional Printer
Epson Expression Premium XP 605 Colour Multifunctional Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars ONE OF THE BEST FROM EPSON, 4 Oct. 2014
Brilliant printer.
Could not understand bigd's review, maybe he needs to learn English?
I have used this printer for the past 6 months and my brother was jealous of it so he bought one too.
Neither of us regret it and both are working brilliantly.
The photo's are excellent and the colour is faultless.
I do not understand why the 2 people here have given bad reviews on such a brilliant printer.
Takes 100 sheets of 80gsm paper no problems and prints superb.
Text is the best I have ever seen.

If you get the chance to buy one then buy it because it is worth every penny.
Many people do not know how to clean the nozzles but any printer that is left for a few months the ink on the print head will dry out, and then your asking for problems.
Looks good, prints excellent and photo printing is the dogs dangly bits and it really is a super machine. One of the best that Epson have ever made in my opinion.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 3 Oct. 2014
Brilliant staples and go through 25 sheets of 80gsm paper with ease if you have a good stapler.
Well worth the money and I will buy again most definitely.

Rapesco Zero 02 Half Strip Office Stapler uses Staples 24 and 26/6 mm with 20 Sheet Capacity - Silver Metal Body

5.0 out of 5 stars Robust & Very Well Made., 3 Oct. 2014
Wonderful stapler and very well made.
Not like the cheap plastic Chinese junk you get these days, this one is all metal and built like a tank.
Came full of 26/6 staples and I used it right away because I had a few booklets I needed to staple together.
It stapled 22 sheets of 80gsm with ease and the staples went through as easy as sticking a pin in butter.
I am using this at home but I do like the little name plate on the underside for your name if you work in an office.
I nice long lever with the stapler head about half way makes it really easy to use. No more stamping on the cheaper staplers to get through 20 sheets, this is superb and worth every penny.
Can be used for crimping the staple inwards or outwards depending on your preference.
I am glad I spent a little extra now on this one because it will last me for the rest of my life and I should never have to buy another cheapy Chinese one.
The whole of the bottom has a nice rubbery substance so it will not slip about. Sleek looking and not too big.
The measurements are Length: 18cm, Width: 4½cm, Height: 6½ cm.
Lovely stapler and worth buying for home or office.

Bluedio HT(Shooting Brake) wireless bluetooth 4.1 stereo headphones (White)
Bluedio HT(Shooting Brake) wireless bluetooth 4.1 stereo headphones (White)
Offered by Qunrui Tech

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!!! How do they make these so good for this price???, 25 Sept. 2014
A definite 5 stars from me.
These are the best headphones I have ever had the pleasure to use.
I do agree with a couple of reviewers in saying they are tight around the ears after an hour or so but I will get used to that, it is like wearing in a new pair of shoes. The sound quality is not as good as the high spec sets but hey! who cares for this price?
I own a set of Sennheiser cordless and these are much better quality. Very well made and very good quality for Chinese but of course these are the better Chinese quality.
Can get a bit sweaty around the ears on a hot day but what doesn't get sweaty on a hot day?
Easy to work and instructions are clear enough to understand.
I noticed someone was complaining about a continuous hissing noise but I have not had any problems whatsoever. Maybe he had a snake stuck inside one of the speakers? or maybe just not using version 4.0 Bluetooth?
And also someone said there was massive sound leakage, I would not say "massive" but yes there is a bit of sound leakage but no way massive. Anyway 90% of people now wear some sort of headset or hands free device or even talking directly on the phone, so if you do ride on a crowded train, bus, air plane or whatever the odds are they will all have a set of these lol and the train will make more noise than the sound leakage from these.
They actually come with a lead for listening without the use of Bluetooth which was a bonus because the description here on Amazon said this was an optional extra.
I purchased a Bluetooth version 4 dongle and it came with the drivers (CSR Harmony) for my Desktop computer so now I can listen to my movies and music from my computer too.
Very easy to connect to version 4 Bluetooth because no need for the silly passwords or codes and the range is superb.
I would recommend these to anyone and I would definitely use every day.
Phone calls are easy when listening to music they just stop the music when you get a call and all you do is press the power button one time to answer the call. I like these very very much and for only £17.99 with free economy post you just cannot fault these.
If I am listening to music on my computer, the sound goes quiet for a couple of seconds to let you know you have a text.
Connects easy to my Moto G no problems.

So to sum it all up:
No hissing sounds for me and sound quality is superb.
No massive sound leakage but there is a bit, so what? I have not yet found a set of headphones that do not leak sound.
The bass is very good.
The quality is very good and very well made.
They really are on par with "Beats" and better than my Sennheiser.

Just a word of warning: Do not try to bend them too wide to get them on you might run the risk of snapping the sliding adjusters. That is just a warning but I do have a big head and no problems for me yet.
Have fun if you buy these because I know you will love them.

Anyone having any problems connecting these then ask here and we will all try to help you. Won't we boys and girls???

Version 4.0 Mini USB Bluetooth Dongle Adapter For PC Laptop (Square) **Compatible with Window XP / Vista / Windows 7 (32-Bit + 64-Bit), Windows 8 (32-Bit + 64-Bit) Black
Offered by CAMAC ™ (Ceed Cable)

5.0 out of 5 stars I can stream my music from my phone very easily and connected no problems, 24 Sept. 2014
I cannot rate this little thing high enough.
I purchased mine from eBay and it came in a plastic packet with the instructions and the CSR Harmony Driver Mini CD.
No problems at all connecting to any of my Bluetooth stuff.
Just install the divers and plug it in and away you go. No need for silly codes and passwords it is just as it says on the box (plug and play) and is really superb. I can stream my music from my phone very easily and connected no problems.
I can use my Bluetooth headphones easily and has a really good range. Very quick and well worth the money.
"CSR Harmony" is the program and the drivers you need and you will have no problems.
I see some of you still use he rubbish "Windows Vista"!!! My god!!! Uninstall it and get windows 7 64bit. (if you have a 64bit set-up.
Don't try windows 8 yet because there are still many bugs in that and getting drivers is a nightmare in Windows 8.
Stick to Windows 7 service with service pack 1.
Anyone still using Windows XP then all I can say is your asking for trouble.

This works fine with the CSR Harmony program and drivers.

Page: 1-10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21-29