Profile for bipandbop > Reviews

"bipandbop"

Disturbing the Peace
Disturbing the Peace

5.0 out of 5 stars This album is amazing!, 25 Sept. 2005
This review is from: Disturbing the Peace (Audio CD)
I have to say that I felt differently about it. The Vai alcatrazz was quite beautiful. In fact I would say that 'disturbing the peace' is one of my favourite Vai Albums(alongside 'Flexable' & 'Eat em & smile'). I tend to feel ill when I listen to any Heavy Metal. It's guitar distorted-timbre cannot hide it total lack of harmonic interest & as for Malmsteen...I do not enjoy listening to somebody practising scales & arpeggios for a living.
This album is quite wierd for Heavy Metal. I would probably recommend it for Zappa fans (if you can get hold of it). I would recommend 'Flexable' to Zappa fans also. I would recommend hearing aids for Malmsteen fans.

Funk Guitar Jammin'
Funk Guitar Jammin'
by Chris Amelar

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book/CD is Excellent, 8 Jun. 2005
This review is from: Funk Guitar Jammin' (Paperback)
The best thing about this CD/Bookset is that you can push the balance on your stereo over to the left speaker & get rid of the rhythm guitar part so that there is just bass & drums ( & a bit of keyboard) so that you can improvise chord/rhythms along with the tracks).
That is a brilliant idea that all of these jam track type things should incorporate into the package. I've been looking everywhere for this sort of thing as jam trax type cds can improve your lead playing immensely, but there doesn't seem to be anything on the market for improving chordal stuff.
The tracks are brilliant too!

Live-Evil
Live-Evil
Offered by Mattpuss

5.0 out of 5 stars How can i describe this album?, 31 May 2005
This review is from: Live-Evil (Audio CD)
How can i describe this album?
It will not be easy.
But, it starts off with some musical notes. Then there are more notes, backes by chords & a rhythm. I can not say which notes they are as I do not have perfect pitch. It goes along at a tempo I could not estimate without using a metronome. The timbre of some of the notes are quite interesting...
Oh! you are probably best off just buying it & listening to it instead of me explaining it to you.

Starless and Bible Black
Starless and Bible Black
Offered by dutchtoni

5.0 out of 5 stars Really cool album, 24 Nov. 2004
I have bought 4 Crimson albums so far & this is by far my favourite. It's amazing. I wanted to get some of Fripp's stuff for years as I always loved what he did on Bowie's 'Scarey Monsters' album. But anyway, this album is sublime.

Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch
Ship Arriving Too Late To Save A Drowning Witch
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars Filler Album? - No Way!!!!!!!, 15 Oct. 2003
I am surprised to hear many a critic call this a 'filler' album.
I would say that the title track is possibly one of the best examples of Zappa's genius out there.
It features nearly all of the things I love most about Zappa; witty/stupid lyrics, fast complicated dissonant musical passages, great editing/production & extended guitar solos.
Zappa was probably not the best songwriter, but the music he wrote was pure genius.

No Title Available

3.0 out of 5 stars It were alright!, 15 Oct. 2003
Imagine somebody saying that ("It were alright!") with a thick Yorkshire accent & you will get the feel of how good this e-book is.
Searching the yellow pages is much cheaper, but it gets you headed in the right direction.

The Real McCoy
The Real McCoy
Offered by MediaMerchants

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 15 Oct. 2003
This review is from: The Real McCoy (Audio CD)
I loved this album.
I really don't know that much about Jazz & Jazz musicians (note the distinct lack of Jazz 'buzzwords' & patter), but this album is fantastic.

Live At Yoshi's
Live At Yoshi's
Offered by rbmbooks

5.0 out of 5 stars JAZZ GUITAR AT ITS FINEST, 5 Feb. 2003
This review is from: Live At Yoshi's (Audio CD)
Now I love Jazz & I'm a guitarist, but I don't necassarily enjoy listening to Jazz guitar. Don't get me wrong, I do love it, but when all you hear is Guitar it can get pretty dull.
This album - however - is amazing, as is Pat Martino. The organist gets just as much space as him & the result is outstanding.