Profile for Firebird > Reviews

Content by Firebird

Firebird (South Gloucestershire UK)

The Llewellyn Tarot
The Llewellyn Tarot
by Anna-Marie Ferguson

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this deck, 27 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Llewellyn Tarot (Cards)
Love this deck, great images and, once you get into it, easy to read.

I am a established reader and have used many decks over the years, but there is one card in this deck that I find hard to read/understand, The World. The World to me is a card of successful completion, I have reached my goal, making you feel `on top of the world`. But this World is a cold world of ice and snow and you being trapped in the ice and not having a feeling of successful completion. Other readers have offered their help on this card and I can see what they mean but it still means nothing to me. So at the moment, I cannot used this deck professionally because of this. Still a lovely deck. if you can read The World.

2 sets = 8 Lexmark 100 XL Compatible Printer Ink Cartridges for Lexmark Impact S305 Interpret S405 Intuition S505 Interact S605 Prospect Pro205 Pro703 Prevail Pro705 Pro706 Pro803 Prestige Pro805 Pinnacle Pro901 Pro903 Pro904 Platinum Pro905 Printers (2x Black, 2x Cyan, 2x Magenta, 1x Yellow) -Same Day Post, High Capacity, Best Quality, Fully Chipped, Ready For Use, 100% Money Back Guarantee **by Printer Ink Cartridges**
Offered by Printer Ink Cartridges

1.0 out of 5 stars Leek!, 27 Jan 2014
I agree with Nikki in that they do leek. Mine did not leek in the packaging but when you take the tab off to install them, a `large` blob of ink is let out. This happens with any colour. I have never been happy with the print quality even after going through printer set-up, alignment, clean print head AND deep clean print head. Even took the print head out and cleaned the contacts.

Patchy colours and now no black even though I have just replaced the black with another from the same delivery. Print head has now decided it does not want to work. I am not saying this is related but.................

Shame I can not give zero stars

LINDY USB Floppy Drive
LINDY USB Floppy Drive
Offered by ExpressPro

3.0 out of 5 stars question, 26 May 2013
A bit confused here. You get a LINDY USB Floppy Drive for £25.96 with a FREE - Tough-store Memory Card Keyring, or you can get a USB External Portable 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive FDD and no keyring for £6.48 . Why should I pay an extra £19.48 for a free keyring???? Go on tell me, what am I missing?

Legacy of the Divine Tarot
Legacy of the Divine Tarot
by Ciro Marchetti

5.0 out of 5 stars Legacy of the Divine Tarot [Cards], 11 Jun 2012
This review is from: Legacy of the Divine Tarot (Cards)
As an established tarot card reader who has read lots of decks over the years, I find this deck to be one to be my longest standing. I am now on deck no.4 due to usage wear and tare. Graphically there is a lot in this deck packed with hidden detail. Would I recommend this deck for a beginner? No, not that is hard to read, it`s not it is just that it has a lot of detail in the cards that a beginner would miss. For example what is the significance of the owl, parchment scroll, pomegranate or the `thing` over her forehead in `The High priestess` card?. Or the Queen of Coins, that shining disc over her forehead what doe`s that mean?

Every card has an image unlike some decks that have only suit quantity images on the minors with no background giving no hint as to what the card meaning is. ie a card with a pale blue background showing nine swords and a card with a pale blue background with eight swords is more of a memory game but this deck the nine and eight of swords though containing eight or nine swords have their own individual backgrounds.

Over all, one of the best `none beginner` decks around at the moment.

The deck author also wrote `The Guilded Tarot` another of my favourite decks.

One MAJOR moan. You can not buy this deck on its` own as it comes with a 240 odd page book each time. I will at some time want another deck I do not want another book as I have four already.

Mystic Dreamer Tarot (Book & Cards)
Mystic Dreamer Tarot (Book & Cards)
by Heidi Darras

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 11 Jan 2012
Bought this deck in December 2011 only because it was written by Barbara Moore. I did presume the deck would be of the same high standard as the Gilded Tarot, also written by Barbara Moore. It is not of the same high standard. Being an established Tarot reader I did find the deck hard to read as the card image details are hard to define due to their small size. The cards themselves are just photocollages and this for me is also disappointing as it is not drawn `free hand` as the decks I use are.

I would not recommend this deck as a beginners deck even though it comes with a well written book.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 5, 2012 10:19 AM BST

It's a Wonderful Life: 65th Anniversary Edition (includes free poster and artcards) [Blu-ray] [1946]
Dvd ~ James Stewart

3.0 out of 5 stars wonderful life, 11 Jan 2012
This was purchased as a xmas gift and as such cannot give a critical view only to say than the person was very happy with it.

Kodak ESP7 WiFi Wireless All-in-One Printer
Kodak ESP7 WiFi Wireless All-in-One Printer

4.0 out of 5 stars good printer but..., 4 April 2010
On the whole a good all round printer but what lets it down is the printerhead that lots of users seem to have trouble with, me inclueded. You will get a error number coming up on the display saying that the printerhead is not installed or not installed correctly. It`s not that hard to install you get a loud click when installed correctly.. no click, then it is not installed properly. So you get the click and press ok, printer chugs a bit and it will chug, then you get the error about the printhead not installed. Read the instructions again. Several attemps later and still the same error message. So you search the web for solutions. All these wonderful `well it worked for me` solutions appear, they don`t. Contact Kodak on their webpage and get them to send you replacement, I did. This one WILL work! (Thank-you Kodak for your help on this) Have knowlage of people who have bought the ESP range of printers and more than half have had trouble with the printhead (EPS printer range user reviews on the web).

Text - quality and speed, no problem.
Photo images - passable plus. Colour strengh needs to be manualy `played around` with to get it right on the printer menue display.
Copy images/text - seems to be slow if you are sat there waiting for the copied output to finish printing. But it makes a lot of noise when ok is pressed to copy.
Scan - Well, I suppose it scans, as I can not find the location where the scaned file is located (on the computer). You do not get a option asking you where you want the scaned image file saved too - but it makes a lot of noise when ok is pressed to scan.

I have not tried the built in card slots ie camera chips, for no computer needed printing of photos.

Would I buy again........? Well, yes I would, now that the original printhead has been replaced. My EPS 7 is for home use and not in some office where printer speed is more important and were the noise of function operation would be an issue.

Hope this has been some help to someone.