Profile for apie demps > Reviews

apie demps

Who Am I?  Identity In Christ
Who Am I? Identity In Christ

2.0 out of 5 stars Bit pedantric at times, 4 April 2014
Great concept, but comes across as a bit inauthentic. Bit too much 'smile because Jesus is so awesome and life is great with Him'. Don't get me wrong, I totally believe that but it can be conveyed in an off putting inauthentic way at times - like in this book. I much prefer 'Who do you think you are?' by Mark Driscoll.

Let the Reader Understand, A Guide to Interpreting and Applying the Bible
Let the Reader Understand, A Guide to Interpreting and Applying the Bible
by Charles Clayton Dan G. McCartney

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information, tough read., 4 April 2014
Sometimes the language used can be difficult to understand, it certainly seems to assume you are at a postgraduate level. Very well thought through and thought provoking. Certainly took a lot from it and it will enhance my own private Bible study.

Pandemic
Pandemic

4.0 out of 5 stars Great idea, bit boring to play repeatedly., 4 April 2014
This review is from: Pandemic (Toy)
Great game, can get a bit similar after a while though! I love the element of working together with your components rather than against them and it is a great group game but after a few times of playing (especially with the same people) it can get a bit repetitive and boring. If it is just a once in a while game option it is great since it is fairly easy to explain to new players.

The Dressmaker's Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques
The Dressmaker's Technique Bible: A Complete Guide to Fashion Sewing Techniques
by Lorna Knight
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love it, simple and easy to understand, 4 April 2014
I recently became interested in sewing but as a novice needed all the help I could get. I bought this book to give me a basic knowledge of all the techniques and equipment I would need. Although much of this information is available online I like having something solid to hold and this book is truly excellent. I bought 'Dressmaking' and 'The Sewing Book' by Alison Smith alongside this and if I was pushed to pick one I'd take this one. The illustrations are very easy to understand and follow. Because it has a ring binder it sits open nicely without needing to weigh it down, I'm sure this will be very useful when your hands are full of fabric! It may not be as extensive in its coverage as 'The Sewing Book' but if you just want the basic techniques that are easy to follow and get going then this is by far the best one.

Dressmaking
Dressmaking
by Alison Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for beginners!, 4 April 2014
This review is from: Dressmaking (Hardcover)
I've recently become interested in sewing but as a complete novice needed all the help I could get. I bought this as a starting out reference book because I read it had great projects and came with downloadable patterns. I was very impressed with the book itself. It's beautiful and very detailed. I bought it alongside Alison Smith's other book 'The Sewing Book' after reading a review which said they go well alongside one another. I'm not sure I agree! Much of the information in The Sewing Book is verbatim repeated in Dressmaking although to a more basic level. If you want a book to use as reference to give you a complete guidance on almost anything you could want to do, The Sewing Book is for you. Although I wasn't as impressed by the sewing projects it featured. If you want just a basic covering of techniques (although still rather expansive!) and great projects to try them out on then Dressmaking is for you. I wouldn't buy both again.

The Sewing Book
The Sewing Book
by Alison Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference Book, 4 April 2014
This review is from: The Sewing Book (Paperback)
I recently got into sewing as a complete beginner so was looking for some books that would give me all the basic knowledge I needed. This book is excellent, it has such in depth information. I bought it alongside Alison Smith's other book 'Dressmaking' after reading a review which said they go well alongside one another. I'm not sure I agree! Much of the information in this book is repeated in Dressmaking although to a more basic level. If you want a book to use as reference to give you a complete guidance on almost anything you could want to do, The Sewing Book is for you. Although I wasn't as impressed by the sewing projects it featured. If you want just a basic covering of techniques (although still rather expansive!) and great projects to try them out on then Dressmaking is for you. I wouldn't buy both again.