Profile for Miss K. J. Streeter > Reviews

Content by Miss K. J. Str...

Miss K. J. Streeter "magick87"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Fifth Sorceress (Chronicles of Blood & Stone 1)
The Fifth Sorceress (Chronicles of Blood & Stone 1)

2.0 out of 5 stars The story doesn't finish, 1 Oct 2013
Having just finished reading this second trilogy, I've just found out that the story isn't finished, but the final instalments are not going to be published. These books are good, but what's the point of starting of the story if you can't finish it? So now it looks like I will never find out what happens. Thoroughly disappointing.
I won't be buying any of this authors books again for fear of the same thing happening again.

The Scrolls Of The Ancients

Simply Magazine Files, Cardboard
Simply Magazine Files, Cardboard
Offered by Staples UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for the price, 1 Oct 2013
It's a small price to pay for a pack of 6 magazine files, but as may be expected they are a little on the thin side (which actually suited my needs).

I needed magazine files that were just under 300mm tall and these are just 300mm tall, which wasn't an issue at it was really easy to cut 5mm off the top, so now they fit perfectly. They come completely flat pack and do require self assembly (it only take a few folds and a bit of tucking in), but this makes it easier to store the ones you don't need yet.

Although some may be put off by the cardboard colour of them, I found them really easy to decorate so that they fit in with the room perfectly, using paint, wallpaper etc. And all for the fraction of the cost of some of the other magazine files available.

Crawley and Horsham (OS Explorer Map)
Crawley and Horsham (OS Explorer Map)
by Ordnance Survey
Edition: Map

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for planning cycle routes, 25 Aug 2013
I love these maps!

I already owned one of the maps that border this one and wanted this one to extend the area I used for cycling. These maps tell you the height of the land (great for knowing the inclines), the major roads, foot paths, bridle ways, access land and other very useful information, which allow you to plan your outdoor activities in advanced. This is a map of my local area and until buying it I didn't realise how much more open space there was to explore, it's opened my eyes to the possibilities.

They are so easy to read, even on the go. Handy when you realise you need a short-cut back to your car, because you don't have enough energy left to complete your route!

Now I just have to decide which map I'm going to buy next to further expand my area of exploration.

TechNiched 8GB Super Slim 5th Gen MP3 MP4 Player with 2.2" LCD, Camera, FM Radio, Shake, Gravity Sensor, Touch Wheel & 30 Pin iPod Connector Interface - 1YR WARRANTY
Offered by TechNiched

3.0 out of 5 stars Good cheap mp3 player, but not great, 29 May 2013
The description states that it plays AVI video files, but it doesn't. As I wanted it for music not videos this isn't a big issue but is annoying. The camera isn't the best quality, but I don't understand why you would want a camera on an mp3 player, enough other devices have much better cameras already, that this is a wasted extra.

Changing tracks is difficult as it uses exactly the same buttons as the volume, so I end up fighting with the volume control so I can change the volume. It also gets stuck occasionally and to "unstick it" you have to force a shut down, then start up as normal, this seems mainly to happen when accessing the video and camera functions.

The mp3 player itself is very thin, so it fits in my pocket or bag, but the headphone are not the best. Not an issue as you can easily use a different pair.

Veloset VS-2131 10 Function Computer Wired Cycle Bike Bicycle Speedo
Veloset VS-2131 10 Function Computer Wired Cycle Bike Bicycle Speedo
Offered by UKET

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cycling computer for the price, 29 May 2013
A previous review stated that you could only set the wheel size if it was in the list - this is wrong - if it is not listed, you just have to work out the circumference of the wheel yourself (in mm) - which the instructions tell you how to do - then enter it in! The list in the instruction book is just a reference for most of the standard wheel sizes.

I broke a couple of the cable ties while fitting, but these were easily replaced and installation was easy. If you want to use cable ties to secure the wire between the wire and the wheel, you would need more than are supplied, but I used electrical tape so that if I'm not happy with the path of the wire it can easily be changed.

The actual computer itself is smaller than it appears in the pictures which is great (it's not even 30mmx30mm). The sensor is not the one described in the instructions, but is really easy to fit (just use a couple of cable ties to attach it to the front forks) so is not an issue.

Overall a very good computer for the price and has more than enough functions for the average user.

AA 20 CYCLE RIDES IN LONODON & THE SOUTH COAST
AA 20 CYCLE RIDES IN LONODON & THE SOUTH COAST
by AA
Edition: Map

2.0 out of 5 stars Good maps, but too far spread, 26 May 2013
This pack is cheap enough and the individual maps are great, but lack a key to the symbols on them. Each route is circular. On the back of each map is information about the route and a detailed description of the route.

The biggest issue with these maps, is that the routes are too far spread (only one ride is within a reasonable distance to me) and the London rides should be in a separate pack - it adds nothing to the pack for someone who is interested in rides on the south coast. I don't know if the 25 version of this pack is any better.

I found the ordnance survey explorer maps much more useful, giving detailed information for walkers, cyclists, etc. (they're worth the extra couple of pounds) and my local council has a number of much better circular cycle routes, all within a reasonable distance and for free.

Overall, I would not recommend this product, unless you are prepared to travel some distance to go cycling.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3