Profile for Kierron Emery > Reviews

Content by Kierron Emery

Kierron Emery (United Kingdom)

Forty Short Plays: Plays and Sketches for the Classroom
Forty Short Plays: Plays and Sketches for the Classroom
by Ann Cartwright
Edition: Library Binding

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful Writing... Stunning., 18 Aug. 2013
The first time I interacted with Forty Short Plays was in Secondary School. We used these plays for 'Narrowing The Gap' on open days for Year 6's that were about to become Year 7's. Younger kids used to come up to me when we'd performed and say "Thank you for that, i feel better about high school now!" It is beautifully written, It tackles many issues in society and it can be performed to people at any level in the education system. This is why I plan to use it this year in my own teaching. It is a brilliant read, whether you are in school or not, Teaching or something else. it is crafted perfectly and is easy to work with. The writer clearly had in mind where she wanted to go with the pieces and that is clear in her writing. The characters are interesting. They are a blank canvas rarely given a gender, allowing the actor to create their own version and being completely unique. I am new to this teaching thing, but i can guarantee i will be using plays from this and anything else this author writes for the rest of my career.
Author, publish some more!
And everyone else, buy it and you wont be disappointed!

True Love - Series 1 [DVD]
True Love - Series 1 [DVD]
Dvd ~ David Tennant

4.0 out of 5 stars Could watch again and again!, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: True Love - Series 1 [DVD] (DVD)
This was a beautifully crafted and brave piece of drama. It handles and deals with some really strong issues. Stand outs for me are David Tennant, Billie Piper, Lacey Turner and Kaya Scodelario. Each of these actors took their characters and i believed every word that was being said. Considering i bought the series because of David, I have watched Billie and Kaya's episode over and over. It is so powerful and moving. The only thing i would have liked different was if the episodes were longer. Give us more time to love the characters and to connect more intensely with them! Other than that, beautiful piece!