Profile for Michael > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Makita HW101 240V Compact Pressure Washer
Makita HW101 240V Compact Pressure Washer

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid, well made little machine., 21 Dec. 2015
Solid, well made little machine. The water pressure is just fine but cleaning a patio and some brickwork was quite tedious as the water volume from the nozzle is insufficient. Wish I'd spent a bit more and got a bigger machine.

Canon PIXMA MG5550 - multifunction printer ( colour )
Canon PIXMA MG5550 - multifunction printer ( colour )

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, 25 Sept. 2015
Worst printer I have EVER owned

Lumberjack BTS210 8"/210mm Bench Top Table Saw
Lumberjack BTS210 8"/210mm Bench Top Table Saw

3.0 out of 5 stars A cheap table saw - and it shows!, 11 Sept. 2015
I suppose I expected too much but I was completely underwhelmed by this tool. Everything from the cheap packaging to the rubber feet that fell off, to the blade guard that falls down and obscures the feed when starting and the fence clamps which make it extremely difficult to position the fence accurately tells you this is a cheap tool. It struggled to rip some 50mm pine and left ugly saw marks on the workpiece. If you want a saw table that can produce some quality work and is a pleasure to use, skip this and spend a bit more.

Aerolite® Super Lightweight Expandable World lightest Suitcase Trolley Cases Bag Luggage (18" 21" 26" 29" 32") (29", Plum)

2.0 out of 5 stars Appears uncomfortably inadequate, 4 Aug. 2014
I purchased the 31 inch unit in the plum colour.
It's quite hard to judge the size of this just based on a picture and some dimensions. The length of the extended handle will give you an idea. When it arrived our first impression was that it was HUGE, if you plan to dispose of a corpse, this would be big enough! Our second impression was that it was extremely light, flimsy would be more accurate.
Everything from the grab handles to the wheels to the zips just seemed uncomfortably inadequate. The prospect of a trip to a far-off land with just this seemed daunting. What do I do when/if it just splits open, spewing its contents at the airport luggage collection point?
I ended up returning this paying more for something smaller (28") and of better quality. Returning it cost me £12.00.

Ultratape SOS Repair Bonding Amalgamating Pipe Tape 25mmx5m
Ultratape SOS Repair Bonding Amalgamating Pipe Tape 25mmx5m
Offered by GBP International

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for waterproofing satellite dish connections, 22 Jun. 2014
Used this tape to wrap around the F-connectors on my satellite dish, easy and cheap and won't perish like rubber waterproofing covers.

IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
IKO 8m Shed Felt - Green
Offered by Ashbrook Roofing Supplies

4.0 out of 5 stars Considerably thinner than I imagined., 21 May 2014
Very easy to fit, easy to cut with a Stanley knife and a straight edge. It is however much thinner than the old shed felt.

Satgear Sky/Freesat New Zone 1 Satellite HD Mini Dish Kit with Quad LNB, 10m Twin Cable and Brackets, All Fixings and Wall Bolts
Offered by NetGadgets

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing parts and no instructions, allegedly inferior cable., 7 May 2014
The kit arrived promptly in what appears to be original packaging. However on going through it all, I noticed that the self-amalgamating tape was missing as were the F-connectors and the orange hole cover. In addition there were no instruction sheets.

A visit to Satgear's website to download a copy of the instructions proved futile as they don't make them available for download. I managed to assemble the dish bracket by examining the images on their site, however.

A trip to the hardware shop and I picked up a packet of 10 F-connectors only to find that the supplied shotgun cable is 4.5mm diameter instead of the more generally used 6mm diameter so the 6mm F-connectors were of no use.

After searching the web for suitable F-connectors, I discovered that one satellite installer, [...] has this to say about 4.5mm cable "We do NOT sell this cable. The thinner cable has two advantages. First it`s significantly cheaper. Second it fits through the standard size drill holes that most installers use. This is why Sky has sanctioned its use despite its performance being so inferior that a well known manufacturer hinted to me (off the record) that they were ashamed to produce it."

So now on top of the F-connectors, I needed to buy a length of 6mm co-axial cable and clips to suit.

Now I'm not a fussy person but if I going to install something like a satellite dish, I don't want to have to mess about with it later, so I prefer to spend extra time doing it right.

With this particular kit, this was not possible without further additional effort and expense, so I'm not impressed.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 14, 2015 1:08 PM BST

August MS425 - Portable Bluetooth Speaker with Microphone - Powerful Wireless Speaker and Mobile Phone Hands Free Kit - Compatible with iPhones, Samsung, Galaxy,Nokia, HTC, Blackberry, Google, LG, Nexus, iPad, Tablets, Mobile Phones, Smartphones, PC's, Laptops etc
Offered by Daffodil UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Can't get it to work!, 18 Mar. 2014
Try as I may I cannot get this to work with my wife's Acer Aspire V5 laptop. Tried everything but will not stay connected.
Works fine with my desktop PC and my Google Nexus so it's not faulty.

The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About
The Weight Loss Cure They Don't Want You to Know About
by Kevin Trudeau
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

1.0 out of 5 stars This fraud finally get his due!, 18 Mar. 2014
"Best-selling American author Kevin Trudeau, whose name became synonymous with late-night TV pitches, has been sentenced to 10 years in prison for swindling consumers through infomercials for his book about weight loss.

As he imposed the sentence prosecutors had requested, district judge Ronald Guzman portrayed 50-year-old Trudeau as a habitual fraudster from early adulthood. So brazen was Trudeau, the judge said, he once even used his own mother's social security number during a scam.

"Since his 20s, he has steadfastly attempted to cheat others for his own gain," Guzman said, adding that Trudeau was "deceitful to the very core".

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Too strong!, 24 Feb. 2014
The solutions are too strong. I tried diluting them but they just get even stronger!
I'm scared to stop taking them in case I suffer an overdose. What do I do?
Comment Comments (7) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 22, 2015 3:07 PM BST

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6