Profile for C. Thompson > Reviews

Content by C. Thompson

C. Thompson (Newcastle UK)

Best of 00 - 10
Best of 00 - 10

5.0 out of 5 stars Dreamy electronica, 31 Mar. 2011
This review is from: Best of 00 - 10 (Audio CD)
I've been a fan for years after hearing 'Seventeen' when I was younger. I love this style of music. It's so retro, and wonderful to dance to. The sounds are irresistible and make you feel like you're in a dream. I love most of the tracks especially the wonderfully dramatic 'Runaway', 'Ace of Hz', and marvelous journey of 'Deep Blue'. More highlights include 'Evil', 'High Rise', 'Beauty *2', 'Fighting in Built Up Areas' and the terrifically moving 'International Dateline' and the mesmerising finale 'All the Way' which still makes me cry.

It is a blossoming dream collection, with an impressive photo booklet attached. It took me a few listens to get used to and love, so it could be a grower for others too. I can't wait to borrow their other albums from a friend but this is definitely a favourite compilation of mine and will definitely be the sound of my summer.

Meiko
Meiko

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 27 July 2009
This review is from: Meiko (Audio CD)
Saw her supporting the amazing Joshua Radin in Newcastle a few weeks ago and was blown away by her beautiful and unique voice. Admittedly she is better live but I was delighted to chat to her and receive a signed copy of this CD. I will treasure it. I simply can listen to it all the way through and start again. Emotional, heartfelt and marvelous songwriting carried by a haunting voice, when she gets big, she will become a superstar. I was so charmed by her "thankyou" when I gave my disc to be signed as if she was surprised I had bought it, listen here Meiko, you have produced one of the best albums in a very long time.

I would describe her as a cross between Nerina Pallot and perhaps Chivaree. Get this CD now before she becomes famous!

I love the whole album but the ones she sang at the show stick in my head most, Under my Bed, How lucky we are, Piano song and more but all of them are brilliant, I also love Boyfriends and Girlfriends, the haunting Heard it all before and dreamy Hawaii.

Opera Arias
Opera Arias

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 19 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Opera Arias (Audio CD)
a truly brilliant voice, this is a tour de force of vocal talent. this cd is worth its price alone for the outstanding aria from la sonnambula 'care compagne...'.
this was my 1st cd from anna, i recently got her new one Opera, it contains some of the same songs still i would recommend both - as she is a beautiful talented woman destined for legendary status in the world of opera.
i used to hate classical music, now i love it - this is one of my favourites - go on try something new

Opera
Opera

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular, 19 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Opera (Audio CD)
great arias from a truly sparkling talent, you will definetly recognise some of the work on here. truly some of her best work, she is destined for greatness - this has some tracks i already have on her other cd opera arias but still the new tracks are great - i also received a different album cover than shown on this site - still a great cd. possibly one of the biggest potential opera stars ever - she may soon be knocking on callas' door.

Entelechy
Entelechy

5.0 out of 5 stars Angelic, 19 Nov. 2007
This review is from: Entelechy (Audio CD)
great voice and beautiful arrangements, this cd may be relatively short, but the quality makes up for that - a haunting experience higlighted by the beautiful Islands of Sorrow. Also includes the video to go with the celestial song. Good buy highly recommended.

Venezia
Venezia
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Irresistable, 1 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Venezia (Audio CD)
I fell in love with Juliette after seeing her video on Classic FM TV although being a bit hesitant at first. This CD is well worth any amount of money. All the tracks are timeless and beautifully performed. Even if you aren't interested in classical music like I was before you should try this and you will not be disappointed. Sposa Son Dizprezzeta continues to be my favourite.