Profile for dancerdarkly > Reviews

Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot: And Other Observations
Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot: And Other Observations
by Al Franken

5.0 out of 5 stars this may just be my liberal bias but....., 31 July 2005
I love the work of Al Franken. He is a refreshing antidote for those who find Michael Moore's Bush bashing a little too clumsy and ham-fisted.
Reading some of the reviews lower down is a laugh riot, I suggest you do it. I'm presuming they are jokes of course. I myself wouldn't presume to have a opinion (and generalise until the cows come home) about I book I most likely haven't even read!
If you enjoyed this book I would sincerely recommend that you read 'lies and the lying liars....'It expands considerably on the 'Bush is stupid' polemics that have been so numerous of late. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate what Moore has contributed to the discussion but Franken's style is more enjoyable and I felt as though I was being informed, rather than preached to.
I want more!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars one of the best films I have ever seen, 9 Dec. 2002
I am not going to write a long review of Signs. Much of what I wanted to say has been summed up by the reviewers above. All I can say is, you MUST see this film. I'm not claiming to be an expert on films but I have seen a lot and it takes quite a bit to spark my interest. I saw this film twice when it was out at the cinemas, which is a rarity (I've seen LOTR'S three times but other than that) and am going to buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD. It is phenomenal, and I am beginning to think M. Night Shyamalan is a genius. I enjoyed the Sixth Sense, Unbreakable left me thinking for days but I LOVED Signs. Mel Gibson- I will never doubt you again. Joaquin Phoenix- I love whatever you do sweetheart and you were fantastic in this. Rory Culkin- a more sensitive performance than anything I have seen starring your brother.
5 stars, because I have rarely seen such a perfect film.
Emma