Profile for Mr. P. G. Dickinson > Reviews

Content by Mr. P. G. Dick...

Mr. P. G. Dickinson "Nosnikcid" (Gloucestershire, UK)

New Owon Sds7102 100mhz Oscilloscope 1g/s Large 8" Lcd Vga + lan + Battery + Portable Bag
Offered by AideTek-UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Owon Sds 7102 Oscilloscope, 20 Feb. 2015
Wow! What an incredible device! I bought this to replace my ageing Tektronix 2215 and have been amazed at the extensive features. I had looked at the user manual before buying but quickly discovered how intuitive to use the controls are. The user manual overcomplicates the operation by refering to the 5 H and 5 F buttons but doesn't explain that the buttons all align with the on-screen menu's which makes the operation almost childproof. Bought through Amazon Market place from AideTek-UK this 'scope was such a great buy that I actually wondered if there was a catch to it but recieved it almost a week before the expected first delivery date. A great item at a keen price and superfast delivery.

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Full Version (PC DVD)
Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Full Version (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars Windows 7 Ultimate, 28 Jan. 2010
I only decided to buy Windows 7 after hearing so many people saying that it was the best OS since XP. I went for Ultimate as I was replacing a full version of Vista that had caused many problems with problematic drivers and was unstable from day one.

I have to say the look of Windows 7 is very similar to Vista, but the performance is nothing short of amazing. It's far quicker that XP and hasn't even wobbled since I installed it. Ultimate gives several additional options to the personal version and I like the improvements that it offers.

All I can say is, if you are thinking about upgrading, don't hesitate. And if you can afford the slightly higher cost, go for the Ultimate version.

As always Amazon was by far the cheaper option to buy this and I received it the next working day. It was installed and working that afternoon!

Pete D.
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 9, 2012 7:39 PM BST

Acer Aspire 5720Z Notebook Laptop, Dual Core T2310 1.46GHz, 15.4" TFT, 2048MB RAM, 80GB Hard-drive, DVD±RW, Intel GraphicsX3100, WiFi, Vista Home Premium

4.0 out of 5 stars The good the bad and the reason for 4 stars, 3 April 2009
The laptop was purchased from Avides media in Germany and arrived in three days. Sadly it soon became aparent that the item had a serious hardware fault on it. After contacting Avides I had nothing but first rate support. They arranged and paid for the item to be picked up and returned to them for testing. Two days later they e-mailed me to say that they agreed that the item was faulty but they didn't have a direct replacement. I was offered a full refund or an alternative but they didn't have anything that was the same specification. I asked for the refund and it arrived back in my account within two days.

The reason for the 4 stars for an item that was faulty is simply because of the prompt and courteous response from Avides media, and I would not hesitate dealing with them in the future.

NiteFox XT106 SD Card MP3 Player
NiteFox XT106 SD Card MP3 Player

3.0 out of 5 stars NiteFox XY106 SD card MP3 player, 22 Feb. 2009
Very small and neat. Display is also rather too small for older eyes but adequate. There is a lack of detailed instruction on the operation and I have yet to find a way of finding separate folders on the card. When started the device scans the card and displays the total tracks and no other information. That aside the quality of the replay is good and there are several pre-set tone filters which you have the opportunity to change during playback. The AAA dry battery seems to last quite well and overall it is very good value for the money.