Profile for Mrs DP > Reviews

Roch Valley Economy Ballet Tights Pink Age 6-7
Offered by Premier Dancewear
Price: 4.20

2.0 out of 5 stars Quality a bit ropey, 18 May 2013
This is the second pair of tights I have bought fom Roch Valley. I don't think I'll be buying anymore. The quality is poor. This pair went into a hole on the first wear.
I think you need to spend more to get a better quality product.

Bumble Bee Toddler Fancy Dress Costume Age 3-4
Bumble Bee Toddler Fancy Dress Costume Age 3-4
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress
Price: 6.73

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok - you get what you pay for!, 18 May 2013
For the money I paid the costume is acceptable. The picture isn't quite clear. You get sleeves attached but will need to supply black leggings / tights yourself. The outfit goes into shorts. The head band with antenna is quite flimsy, the black net wings are a bit small. Also I found the colour of the yellow quite dirty looking as if the black has rubbed into it. But all in all for the price it's not bad.

Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing: A Modern Guide to Couture-style Sewing Using Basic Vintage Techniques
by Gretchen Hirsch
Edition: Hardcover-spiral
Price: 14.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Gertie's book, 12 Sep 2012
I pre-ordered and couldn't wait for this to arrive.
I would consider myself an experienced sewer and also cut my own patterns.
The styles in the book are good and you have good base patterns for adding your own necklines /collars etc.
This great for me as I'm inspired by the designs and don't have to start a pattern from scratch.

It would have been good to see technical drawings of each of her patterns and in some cases more photos of the finished garments.

I personally haven't learn't anything new regards to construction as there is more detail in books such as Claire Shaffers or Susan Khaljie.

The artwork and layout of the book is great.

I don't think it's for a complete novice but for somebody with some experience.