Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Tower Fan 30-Inch 45W White Quiet Oscillating 3 Speed Cool Air Timer Office Home
Offered by Motionperformance - Waxacar

3.0 out of 5 stars Very Short Lead, 22 July 2016
It's quiet, fairly effective and was a reasonable price. I might have been able to give it a higher rating but for the very short lead. My plug sockets are at wheelchair friendly height, and once this fan is plugged in, it can't be sited more than 6 inches away from the wall. Not only that, but the fan vents are on the same side that the lead comes out, so with the shortness of the lead, it's a struggle to turn the vents away from facing the wall, which obviously isn't where you want a fan pointed . I've had to order an extension lead just to be able to use this fan, which was an unexpected & unwanted additional expense.

Beaphar Pet Behave Training Spray
Beaphar Pet Behave Training Spray
Offered by Pet Connection

5.0 out of 5 stars Saved the Xmas Tree, 10 Dec. 2015
Bought to keep two hyper 12 week old kittens from destroying the xmas tree. It has to be reapplied every day, but it works - the kittens sniff it then back off. They were chewing & swinging all over the darn thing until I applied this spray, and I was afraid they'd pull it over on top of themselves. The spray doesn't smell too bad for us humans either, just a subtle waft of citrus.

Ghost: 100 Stories To Read With The Lights On
Ghost: 100 Stories To Read With The Lights On

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent anthology of ghost stories, 3 Dec. 2015
Having seen the list of stories and authors I had to have this book, it was just a hard decision as to whether to buy it as a hardback or in kindle format. I've seen the hardback in a local bookstore, and it's very nicely bound and presented, but eventually I opted for the kindle version due to a bookcase overload crisis.
As a fan of ghost stories for many years there's some familiar classic tales here by authors such as Bram Stoker, M.R James and Edgar Allan Poe, but also a lot of stories I'd never seen before. They span a very wide time period, so you'll find tales from Pliny the Younger, Oscar Wilde, VIrginia Wolfe right through to Muriel Spark, J.G Ballard and the ubiquitous Stephen King. If you want to see the full list of stories and authors use the "Look Inside" feature on the page for the kindle version, but I guarantee that there'll be stories here that you've never read, and authors (like Richmal Crompton for instance) that you would never associate with ghost stories.
It's an absolutely brilliant anthology, and I'm so impressed with it that I'm thinking of ordering the hardback version as a xmas gift for a relative. A definite must for any aficionado of ghost stories.

Trixie 4362 Murcia Scratching Post 68 cm Charcoal Grey
Trixie 4362 Murcia Scratching Post 68 cm Charcoal Grey

4.0 out of 5 stars More fun than shredding the sofa, 26 Nov. 2015
This was well packaged and required no assembly, apart from putting the scratching post in position. I bought this for a pair of 12 week old kittens, they love playing on it - and enjoy chasing each other through the holes, and batting the pom pom that's hidden inside the den. Their elderly predecessor (now sadly deceased) had a bad habit of clawing the sofa and the stair carpet, so I'm relieved that the kittens make full use of the scratching post (they like climbing on it as well as clawing it). The only negatives are that they were quickly able to pull the metal arm (with its attached ball & elastic) off the top of the scratching post. It's not very well fitted, so as quickly as I retrieve it and push it back into the post, the kittens pull it off again and drag it away under the furniture, and I can't find any method of keeping it permanently in place. Also I'm not sure whether older, bigger cats would be able to fit through some of the entrance and exit holes.

JAY-BE Response Single Folding Bed with Sprung Slatted Base and Memory Foam Mattress, 70 cm, Black Frame

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up, 21 Nov. 2015
Unpacked and ready to use in less than 10 minutes. The wooden slats were sturdy and well fixed. The mattress seemed firm but comfortable. My friend slept on it for 3 nights and said it was fine, and far better than sleeping on the sofa. The only negative was that it was a bit heavier than I'd thought it would be, so I couldn't lug it up the stairs by myself. Stored it in the box it came in, so didn't need to buy a special cover for it.

Lifetime Garden 1000g Mixed Bird Food
Lifetime Garden 1000g Mixed Bird Food

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid Plastic Netting, 26 July 2015
Since buying this product I've found out that the RSPB recommends avoiding these plastic mesh feeders, because the birds claws can easily become trapped in the netting. Even when you dispose of them, they can still represent a danger to wildlife if they're not cut up into very small pieces. Also peanuts should only be served crunched up during the nesting season, because they could choke nestlings. I've bought proper metal feeders now & some inexpensive rigid plastic holders for fat balls. The fat balls contained in this pack were rather hard & dried up, even the magpies weren't keen on them, and they'll usually neck down anything that's going.

Addis Cloth Mop with 3-Piece Handle, Blue/White/Metallic Grey
Addis Cloth Mop with 3-Piece Handle, Blue/White/Metallic Grey

2.0 out of 5 stars Won't last long, 26 July 2015
Don't like the handle. Had to take the black rubber bits off to get the sections to screw in together properly, and then they won't go back on again. The handle feels lightweight & shoddy, I can't see it lasting very long.

Cepia 17003 48-Ounce Battery Tank Sprayer
Cepia 17003 48-Ounce Battery Tank Sprayer
Offered by I-Deal Media

4.0 out of 5 stars Powerful Spray, 26 July 2015
I had my last one a year or two, and it was ideal for spraying my roses & fruit trees. The spray started to lose power, so I attempted to change the batteries, and it stopped working. Despite this, it was a very useful product, with quite a powerful spray - far better than manual spray guns. Good enough for me to order another one

Classic Garden Parasol Green
Classic Garden Parasol Green

3.0 out of 5 stars Cheap & Cheerful, 2 July 2015
This review is from: Classic Garden Parasol Green
The shade is not canvas, it's more like the material of a cheap rain brolly. The base is hollow and can be filled with sand, water or gravel. I take the top rod of the brolly off, put it away & and fold it down when it's not in use. In good weather (which is when I'm using it) - it's stable with the base filled with water. The height of the shade is adjustable, but there's no tilt. I think it should definitely see me through this summer. I suspect it might need replacing next year, but it was cheap and cheerful and keeps the sun off me when I'm sitting out in the garden. Given how much cheaper it is than buying a canvas shade & metal base, I'm satisfied with my purchase.

Mr. Turner (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2014]
Mr. Turner (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2014]
Dvd ~ Timothy Spall
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 16 Mar. 2015
I managed to get through 120 minutes of this 150 minute film. I learnt some things I didn't know about the life of Turner, but was finally defeated by this movie. Turner was played by Spall as a grunting, incoherent, lecherous boor, supported by a cast of actors who portrayed the working class as grotesques, and the wealthy as nincompoops. It lurched disjointedly from scene to scene without much sense of cohesion, and there was little of interest to keep my attention. In the end it just depressed me so much, that I couldn't even be bothered to sit through the last half hour.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10