Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

TRG  EasyDye 407 Brilliant Gold 20.00 ml
TRG EasyDye 407 Brilliant Gold 20.00 ml
Offered by TRG Megastore

5.0 out of 5 stars Good coverage on black leather, 5 Dec 2014
This review is from: TRG Easy Dye (Shoes)
Converted a pair of scuffed black leather school shoes into jazzy gold Xmas party shoes for my teenage daughter. Took three coats (you need to let each coat dry for 20 minutes before applying the next), but I've still got nearly half the bottle left. Very pleased with the result.

Idiot's Guides: Drawing Manga
Idiot's Guides: Drawing Manga

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Follow Drawing Guide, 26 Oct 2014
Bought this for my 13 year old daughter. The illustrations and techniques were very clear and simple to follow, and the improvement to her drawings was immediately obvious. There was no section on manga animals, we had to buy another book for coverage of this subject, but this gave details about drawing faces, hair, eyes etc, as well as covering proportions and poses of figures. Even learnt a few drawing tips myself from this book. Was on special offer at The Works, so paid less than price currently quoted here.

Totally Spies!: Totally Party (Wii)
Totally Spies!: Totally Party (Wii)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of Money, 26 Oct 2014
Bought for my daughter's birthday. She loves spies and fashion, but although she likes the associated TV series she hated this game. The games were very boring and repetitive, and had to be played many, many times to unlock any of the fashion items. Dialogue appeared to be badly dubbed (think the TV series originated in France). Much was made of a link to an interactive website which doesn't exist anymore. Our copy is going to the charity shop.

Three Winter Ghosts
Three Winter Ghosts

4.0 out of 5 stars Modern take on Traditional Ghost Story, 26 Oct 2014
I have long been a fan of the traditional ghost story, and though this is set in modern times, it does (as others have mentioned) have a touch of M.R James about it. I did think the motivation for the hauntings could have been a bit stronger, the main character fleshed out a bit more and the ending a bit less abrupt. However it was a well written tale, and I enjoyed reading it.

Wolf Children
Wolf Children
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Quirky, 9 Jun 2014
Purchased this for my daughter & teenage niece, who are both fans of anime. My nephew (mid 20's ) also popped in, and became so interested in the movie, that he extended his visit just so that he could watch it to the end. The art style was excellent, a mixture of well drawn cartoon figures on a landscape that was frequently depicted in intricate detail. The storyline was about a young woman who had fallen in love with a wolfman. When he dies she's left to bring up two young children who are half wolf and half human. It was a good story, though we all felt that the mother definitely seemed biased towards the boy - but this in itself provoked an interesting discussion afterwards about parental bias.

The Secret Life of Cats
The Secret Life of Cats
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Great if you want to see cats being eaten & turned into hats, 7 May 2014
I accidentally bought this when Lovefilm changed to Amazon Prime video. Clicked on it assuming it was free content, suddenly I found that the default had been set to one click purchase, and it was mine forever. I wouldn't have minded so much if it had been watchable. I thought it was the documentary about cat behaviour recently shown on TV in the UK, but alas no it was a US import. Half way through it started depicting cats as some sort of vermin, and showing scenes of a man who trapped them and turned them into hats, and a group of Aborigines trapping them and cooking them. My young daughter was traumatised howling "Turn it off, turn it off !" Couldn't bear to watch the other half and I can't imagine most cat owners sitting through it either.

Elgento Black and S/S Jug Kettle
Elgento Black and S/S Jug Kettle
Offered by attheboutique

1.0 out of 5 stars Dribbles, 15 April 2014
Was very disappointed with this kettle, it looks great, but it dribbles. I only bought this a couple of weeks ago, and I quickly discovered that when I'm pouring water from this kettle, I need to put a tea-towel under the cups, otherwise I end up with hot water all over the work surface.

Elgento E10008SB Brushed Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre
Elgento E10008SB Brushed Stainless Steel Kettle, 1.7 Litre

1.0 out of 5 stars Dribbles, 15 April 2014

[HSB Bundle+] Cookworks Stainless Steel Compact Fryer - Black with Finger Guard & Cleva Compact Knife Sharpener
Offered by E.U. Xtores

1.0 out of 5 stars Fryer could be dangerous, 15 April 2014
I bought this fryer from Argos. There was a fault with the thermostat which made it erupt burning oil and nearly scalded me. The reviews from Argos customers suggested this had also happened to other people. Argos recalled the product & compensated me. They no longer sell this model. I could not recommend that anyone buy this product, if the fault is prevalent in this model of fryer, it could cause a serious injury.

Cookworks Stainless Steel Compact Fryer - Black.
Cookworks Stainless Steel Compact Fryer - Black.

1.0 out of 5 stars dangerous, 15 April 2014
I bought this fryer from Argos. There was a fault with the thermostat which made it erupt burning oil and nearly scalded me. The reviews from Argos customers suggested this had also happened to other people. Argos recalled the product & compensated me. They no longer sell this model. I could not recommend that anyone buy this product, if this fault is prevalent in this model, it could cause a serious injury.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9