Profile for Linden > Reviews

Content by Linden

Linden (BROMLEY, United Kingdom)

Salt and Pepper Set - penguins incl Dish
Salt and Pepper Set - penguins incl Dish
Offered by Funshopping-1st class delivery

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 23 Jan. 2016
This was ordered as a present for a penguin-mad friend. We thought it looked good on the screen, but we're delighted when we saw it in the flesh. Couldn't have asked for anything better.

Guildhall 4545Z GLX Ergogrip Binder - Raspberry
Guildhall 4545Z GLX Ergogrip Binder - Raspberry

5.0 out of 5 stars I can't believe what I have just done!, 8 Jun. 2014
I really love these Binders - they are fantastic. I needed another two urgently, and spent ages on Amazon trying to find ones that would be delivered in 4 days, including the weekend. Some said they would, but when I put the order through they were actually showing a date at least a week or more away. Then I found this one, which admittedly has been delivered very quickly. But imagine my horror when I opened the package and found just one folder! I quickly looked up my order and found that, yes, this was one of the few sites that was selling just one folder, whilst all the rest were in packs of two. So I have paid an awful lot of money (including an extra £5.01 shipping charges) for just one binder! I just can't believe how stupid I am, or how much I have paid. I heartily wish these were available in a local shop to buy, but I couldn't find one anywhere by ringing around. So, absolute 5 stars for the product, but virtually no stars for value for money. Please be aware that you don't do the same thing!

Broadchurch [DVD] [2013]
Broadchurch [DVD] [2013]
Dvd ~ Olivia Colman

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant series, 18 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Broadchurch [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
We sat down to watch the first episode or two one rainy Sunday. Rather a few hours later……… It was completely addictive and brilliant and we thoroughly enjoyed it. Only downside was the quality of the DVD. We had to send the first one back as Disc One would not load. It was efficiently changed for us, but we also had trouble with Disc 3 of the new one. Fortunately we eventually got it to load, or we would have been left hanging in space!

Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in
Fifty Shades of Grey: Movie Tie-in

3.0 out of 5 stars Glad I read it, 28 Nov. 2012
I just HAD to read this as it was such a talking point, and I had to know what everyone was talking about. It was ok, and reasonably embroiling at some points, especially the email correspondence. I read it quickly and yes, did quite enjoy it, but it is a very single-layered plot with not exceedingly rounded characters. I would love to know the eventual outcome, but really can't be bothered to read the next two books. I am trying to find a friend who will tell me, rather than saying that they had to read all three, so why shouldn't I!

The Help
The Help

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant story, 28 Nov. 2012
This review is from: The Help (Kindle Edition)
Initially (very initially), I thought the language was going to be hard to deal with. But not a bit of it. A wonderful insight into the culture of the South with slaves and masters, with no 'black and white' characters and characteristics, but all shades. I really cared for the characters and read the book avidly. I feel sure i will re-read it in the future.

Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4535DWF A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer
Epson WorkForce Pro WP-4535DWF A4 Multifunction Inkjet Printer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Printer, 28 Nov. 2012
fast, great quality and excellent value for money. much more economical with it's separate cartridges. Bit big, but looks good on desk.

Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave
Casdon 492 Delonghi Toy Microwave

5.0 out of 5 stars great fun, 16 Jan. 2012
after reading various reviews, we plumped for this toy microwave for our two year old grandson. It was an immediate hit, being played with to almost the exclusion of other toys on Christmas Day. The only drawback is that the turntable comes off and needs an adult to replace it, but it doesn't happen too often. He loved the food to cook in it, too. Great play value!

Omron R7 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor
Omron R7 Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent product, 10 Dec. 2010
Very pleased with this product. Exceedingly easy to use - in fact idiot-proof! very quick service too. thanks.