Profile for RCheesley > Reviews

RCheesley

Page: 1 | 2
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely images, clear calendar blocks, 19 Jan 2014
This has some beautiful images from around the world of Buddhist stupas, temples and rupas. It has good sized calendar blocks, but I do think they have missed a trick here by not including the Buddhist festival days in the calendar. I hope that they do include these next year, it would make sense!

Puja Book: The Triratna Book of Devotional Texts
Puja Book: The Triratna Book of Devotional Texts

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal to read more about the Triratna Buddhist Community pujas, 19 Jan 2014
This is a great book to learn more about the pujas that are used in the Triratna Buddhist Community - it has some lovely image plates and contains the english translations so that you can understand what is actually being chanted.

Neoprene Double Pull Lumbar Brace - Extra Large
Neoprene Double Pull Lumbar Brace - Extra Large
Offered by Shop@PHYSIOWORLD

5.0 out of 5 stars Great lumbar brace, easy to wear, 19 Jan 2014
I bought this lumbar brace when I had to stand up for an exhibition for twelve hours straight, and I really didn't think it would make a difference. It's very easy to wear and comfortable, however they do come up quite small - I ordered the XL and I'm a 16-18.

The only problems I have with this brace are that it rolls up and folds onto itself if you sit down for any length of time, and over the months it's become less supportive as it's been washed numerous times and the velcro doesn't stick so well.

I wear it over and under clothing depending on what I'm wearing, and it's pretty comfortable.

12 x Superior Tens Electrodes pads, replacements (3 packs of 4), 2" x 2" 5x5cm 50x50mm ELLE, Femme. Lady, Boots, Babi, Obi, Lloyds and Neurotrac
Offered by The TENS + Company Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, long-lasting and quick to arrive!, 19 Jan 2014
I use TENS pads quite a lot and these were to replace a set which were considerably more expensive - I was a bit sceptical because they seem so cheap, but they have lasted really well.

I use them for an entire day, then wet them in the evening and leave them on the plastic sheet in the ziplock bag for three days - using the other sets in between. These have lasted about 5 months in this rotation and while the stickiness has lessened slightly they are still usable!

Definitely recommended, good quality product at a good price.

SPIGEN Google Nexus 5 Case Slim [Slim Armor] [Infinity White] Air Cushioned Protective Case with Dual Layer for Nexus 5 - Infinity White

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice feeling case, easy to fit, protective, 19 Jan 2014
I ordered this case for my new Nexus 5 having reviewed lots of other cases - I liked the professional look of the case and that it gave a good amount of protection without looking like it was surrounded by half a car tyre.

The case is very easy to fit, no problems with buttons or camera function with it in place. The power and speaker holes are easily accessible and I've not had any issues at all.

Looks very smart and doesn't make the phone dramatically larger either.

Anker® Screen Protector for Google Nexus 5 [3 Pack] Xtreme Scratch Defender Crystal-Clear High-Response Premium with Lifetime Warranty
Offered by AnkerDirect

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, good instructions, well presented, 19 Jan 2014
This is a great product which is well presented and has clear, understandable instructions. I especially liked the fact that everything you might need to apply the screen protector is provided - from a bubble remover card to a sticky which you can use to remove any remaining dust after you clean the phone with the dust cloth.

It took me two attempts to apply the protector (which was due to my own lack of attention .. several dust pieces dropped on the screen before I applied the first one!) and it's a nice surface to use - I actually prefer it to the feel of the normal screen.

Logitech R800 Professional Presenter
Logitech R800 Professional Presenter
Offered by Fuzzy Peaches UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid, reliable presenter which works perfectly on Linux, 19 Jan 2014
I purchased this presenter as I was speaking at multiple events around the world and was fed up with relying on a remote presenter that I wasn't familiar with .. or sometimes none at all!

This one came out on top in every review I read, and though it was a bit more expensive it is well worth the investment.

I use the countdown feature all the time - I'm no longer reliant on looking at the clock or my watch, I can just glance down at the display if I need to, or wait for the vibration reminder to tell me I need to start wrapping up. Obviously the basic flicking through slides works seamlessly, and I also like the black screen/show screen buttons.

The pointer is great, I really like that it's very clear and bright which helps if you're presenting in a bright room.

Although their specs say it doesn't support Linux I use Kubuntu and it works just fine, I do have some problems with one of my USB ports at times so I just swap ports.

Battery life has been great - I've used it for a year now and not had to change them. Definitely think this will be with me for some time!

Moleskine Large Ruled Hard Evernote Notebook - Black
Moleskine Large Ruled Hard Evernote Notebook - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars What is there not to love!, 19 Jan 2014
I just love having a notebook, despite the fact that I'm a geek and I use electronic devices .. sometimes you just want to draw on real paper. I purchased this as I also have an Evernote account which I use all the time, and the integration sounded fun.

In reality, I don't actually use the Evernote integration that much - I do have the smart tags set up but I tend to just scan the pages as images. It would be awesome if OCR came in and it actually converted text to words, but for now it's just a slightly-more-expensive-than-usual Moleskine notebook :)

Kinesio Pre Cut Shoulder Support Tape - Teal
Kinesio Pre Cut Shoulder Support Tape - Teal

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value, great for starting out with Kinesio Taping, 19 Jan 2014
I watched a video of the shoulder taping technique on YouTube and didn't feel comfortable cutting the pieces to the correct length myself, so I was delighted when I came across these pre-cut tape packages.

The tape was (suprisingly!) just the right length and it gave me a good indication of how to cut tape myself in the future. It's easy to apply and I liked the colours making it very clear which pieces of tape went where.

Kinesio Tape 3 Packs Combo -Pink, Blue & Black - Original and Best
Kinesio Tape 3 Packs Combo -Pink, Blue & Black - Original and Best
Offered by Sports and Outdoor Chain

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, good quality tape, 19 Jan 2014
This was my first purchase of kinesio tape in a roll, having tried out some pre-cut packages beforehand.

The tape is good quality, it lasts a good length of time (providing of course you apply the tape properly in the first place!) and I like the colours. Will definitely be back to buy more!

Page: 1 | 2