Profile for poetseye > Reviews

Content by poetseye

poetseye

Page: 1 | 2
ENGLAND CRICKET 2014 SQUARE  CALENDAR (Calendars 2014)
ENGLAND CRICKET 2014 SQUARE CALENDAR (Calendars 2014)
by Danilo
Edition: Calendar

3.0 out of 5 stars Quality down. ECB could do better., 25 Feb 2014
I think the quality is poorer for 2014. Let's say someone didn't spend much time choosing the photos or caring how they were printed. A pity.

Wondrous Oblivion [DVD] [2004]
Wondrous Oblivion [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Sam Smith
Offered by DaaVeeDee-uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Old fashioned treatment, 12 Oct 2013
I'm a cricket fan and films about cricket in our lives are very welcome. It looks back to the 1950s and has a deliberately old fashioned air. The problem is that the film is a bit clunky. But the boy's obsessions are captured wonderfully. Less sure about the wife and neighbour. Given the period I think there would have been more conflict for the wife similar to Brief Encounter. Nothing like that of course but wives in the 1950s were more inhibited. Deals with racism of that period very well.

Merlin - Complete Series 1 Box Set [DVD]
Merlin - Complete Series 1 Box Set [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Morgan
Offered by Quality Media Supplies Ltd.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 26 July 2013
If you haven't started the Merlin Series then don't wait. If you have children or grandchildren they will love this Series. I played a hunch that my grandsons would really like Merlin. They missed it when it first came out. Too young then. They are now on Series 3.

The Mother Of All Morris
The Mother Of All Morris

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 July 2013
Maybe this is the wrong record for me. But I was looking for genuine Morris tunes. These seem to lack the confidence to be themselves.

Immortal Beloved [DVD]
Immortal Beloved [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gary Oldman

3.0 out of 5 stars Dated, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Immortal Beloved [DVD] (DVD)
I saw this film when it first came out and can't believe how dated it is. But the music is just wonderful and the plot still holds surprises.

Merlin Complete BBC Series 3 [DVD]
Merlin Complete BBC Series 3 [DVD]

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Class Series, 26 July 2013
Fantastic quality Series, great stories, great acting, much beloved by my grandsons and me. When they have watched this Series it is on to Series 4. Can't recommend Merlin enough.

Dear Boy
Dear Boy
by Emily Berry

3.0 out of 5 stars Repetitive style, 26 July 2013
This review is from: Dear Boy (Paperback)
Too many poems the same. Breakthrough style but repetitive. If you had just read one marvellous. But a book, no..

Way of the Morris [DVD]
Way of the Morris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tim Plester
Offered by A2Z Entertains

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful tribute, 20 May 2013
This review is from: Way of the Morris [DVD] (DVD)
This is a very poetic and beautiful tribute to Morris dancing which is still hanging on in his Oxfordshire village. A gem. Deserves to be widely known. And surely will be. He's narrator, writer and film maker and excellent at all three.

Merlin - Complete Series 2 Box Set [DVD]
Merlin - Complete Series 2 Box Set [DVD]
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Grandsons' love Merlin, 20 May 2013
I bought Merlin Series 1 and 2 because I had a hunch my grandsons' would love it. (I did!). They are now firm fans of Merlin. I think the BBC ought to realise that a new generation of kids are coming to the age to enjoy this imaginative, creative and beautifully acted Series and promote Merlin properly. They were having a rerun of the Series and then stopped in the middle of it for several weeks before shunting it to another day. I'm sure my grandsons are now eagerly awaiting Series 3.

Teac LP-R500 Vinyl and Cassette Copy Station with AM/FM Radio - Black
Teac LP-R500 Vinyl and Cassette Copy Station with AM/FM Radio - Black
Offered by Nottingham HiFi Centre

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't last, 30 April 2013
After very moderate use the CD drawer won't open and err 04 appears which indicates an internal problem. (Yes I have tried switching it off and on from the power source.) The Teac lpr500 was a Christmas present from my son and appeared to be the answer to my music needs as I have a collection of vinyl records, tapes as well as CDs. All the other functions are still working. This identical problem has also happened to other Teac lpr500 users judging by questions on the internet already posted but no answers so far forthcoming! I would certainly never buy a product again which does not have a working life expectancy of more than a couple of years. Given my light use of the machine (I am elderly not a teen) then I would imagine that this is a systemic fault.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 2, 2014 7:32 PM GMT