Profile for A. > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
York Fitbells Grey 1 x 4.0kg
York Fitbells Grey 1 x 4.0kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Does What it Says on the Tin/Webpage, 2 Nov 2013
This review is from: York Fitbell - 1 x Single (Sports)
I ordered two of the 4k versions- each weight seems to have a different design so this review is only helpful if you are looking at getting the same size.

I've recently started to try and improve my health- I don't really have time to join a gym at the moment so I thought the best bet would be to get some weights and just see how I get on. (along with cutting out the pizza, etc, of course) I'd been using 2 litre bottles of water for a bit before getting these weights- I literally had no muscle- just very bony arms, so the bottles of water actually helped. I wasn't going to get far with them though so I decided to get these- I wasn't sure what weight to get but I think I made the right choice- these feel heavy enough to make for a good work out but not too heavy so as to end up injuring me. I can thus recommend these for people who are just beginning to lift, like myself, though you might want to warm up for a bit with something lighter first.

The main difference between the weights aside from the colours and, um, how much they weigh (yeah...) seems to be the design- according to a lot of reviews, the smaller sized weights have very short handles and thus seemed to have been designed for females. I can only speak for the 4k ones but I'm a +6 foot male and there's easily enough space for me to hold the weights so I either have strangely small hands or some of the weights have different designs. Looking at the pictures, the latter seems to be the case- some seem to have a bump in the middle and some don't- mine doesn't so I'm guessing the ones with the bump are maybe smaller? I don't know, but these are fine for me anyway.

I like the coating- I can grip the weights easily and I just like how it feels. I can also sit the weights down somewhere without worrying about them rolling away because they aren't fully circular at the ends so this may again be a thing that differs depending on the size of weight you buy.

So yeah, I recommend these but do bear in mind the design differences between each type and make sure you read the reviews suited to the kind that you plan to purchase.

WMA 3X Waterproof Camera Mobile Phone Ipad Pouch Dry Bags For Backpack Kayak Military-Pack of 3
Offered by GOMARK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the trick., 30 Oct 2013
I'm pretty pleased with these- I obviously didn't want to spend a lot of money on um, bags, so I was glad to find ones that seemed suitable for a good price.

I take a 10 inch tablet to uni and I walk there so I needed something to protect it from the rain- it fits easily into the largest bag included here. There's also a bag that would easily fit a kindle and another for an ipod or something like that so you should be fine size-wise with this stuff.

The bags absolutely stink... that really isn't important but hey, full disclosure and everything I suppose.

They are closed with Velcro and have some rope there for whatever reason but it's the velcro you'll use to close them. The Velcro seems stuck on well so you should get good use out of it and it's strong too. You have to fold part of the top of the bags up before closing them over with the Velcro which is maybe a bit time consuming and takes a while to get used to but it provides further protection at the seal against water so It's good I guess.

I haven't had the guts to test them fully by putting my electronics in a bath or something (it just doesn't seem like a smart idea!) but it does rain from time to time and my tablet stays dry so I'm assuming there's no issues there.

Tommy Hilfiger Baron Men's Shirt Blue Depths/Multi Large
Tommy Hilfiger Baron Men's Shirt Blue Depths/Multi Large

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it., 30 Oct 2013
I'm very pleased with this shirt- great value for money. It looks great and is comfortable too but isn't too heavy if you want to wear a t-shirt or something along with it for the colder weather. It has such a quality feel and lives up to the brand. Amazon's pricing fluctuates wildly so I don't know how much it costs now but it is a good shirt so I'd recommend it but prices can be ridiculous at times so bear that in mind.

The majority of reviews for this product seem to take issue with the sizing so that's worth keeping in mind. I ordered a large and it fits me fine but I've honestly never bought a large shirt of any kind that hasn't fit me and I buy a lot online from different companies so I may just fit into things well or something I guess? Still, you should be prepared to return something if you have to when you buy clothes online so I wouldn't rule the shirt out just because of that possibility.

French Connection S66 Alsace Stretch New Straight Men's Jeans Resinated Wash W32 INxL34 IN

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice, 30 Oct 2013
Jeans are pretty much all I wear leg-wise and I own ones by a lot of well-known brands but I'd never tried French Connection before. These ones look great and are good quality too. I prefer buttons to zippers because after a while the zips wear a little and can start constantly unzipping which is pretty terrible so the buttons here are another plus.

The sizing was right for me too which isn't always the case but I picked my usual size and they fit me well so you are probably pretty safe buying these ones online without having previously tried them on.

The colouring is as nice as it looks in the picture and as the jeans fade I'm hoping they will still continue to look good. The pockets are well-textured which sounds unimportant but it's nice touch when jeans have that. The jeans have a slim feel to them without ever being uncomfortable so they don't feel baggy or in the way at any point.

I really like these jeans and I'd say they are definitely worth the asking price- they put my far more expensive Calvin Klein jeans to shame even though there's nothing wrong with them. So yeah, these ones are worth checking out.

16GB CAMBRIDGE SCIENCES StarPAD 9 Quad core GPU Dual Core CPU Tablet PC. Android 4.1 JELLY BEAN Built-in Bluetooth (9.7 inch. 16GB + Detachable Black leather Bluetooth Keyboard and carry case)

3.0 out of 5 stars Is It What You Need?, 20 Sep 2013
Firstly- quick dispatch and delivery and the packaging was well-protected and undamaged upon arrival. The box itself is very cool and definitely looks the part. Inside was a pretty helpful and detailed manual in English for the tablet but for the keyboard it's a terribly-translated leaflet. The manual is sufficient though. The extras within are all very cheap and this sadly includes the charger which has a very short wire and just seems of poor quality really. There's also a cheap car charger and some bad headphones too but they are fine for extras- the main charger is the only issue there really. USB cables are all good and they mean you can connect to your PC or charge the keyboard without needing to purchase any extras.

The keyboard can be charged from the tablet and it's very responsive and holds the tablet in place well too. I have begun to notice some issues with it though- the lights seem to be pretty much broken as if there is a connection loose somewhere but it's still working so far. The case element of the keyboard is very good- it looks very stylish, doesn't take up unnecessary space and is kept closed with a magnet.

The tablet came with a screen protector that, though put on a bit sloppily, can be kept on during use. The tablet looks good and certainly looked to be in new condition. It comes with some apps which are all very basic- there is one or two inbuilt apps that are in another language which are hard to find and remove but for the most part the built-in apps aren't a nuisance. The OS is Android 4.1 as advertised and its an okay, though not the best, thing out there. The tablet runs smoothly- it hasn't crashed on me and seems to run well with a lot of things open at once. It takes around 25 seconds to boot up I'd say and that is by far the slowest the tablet ever is. I have noticed it lagging for a second or two at times but I have various apps/widgets running constantly which is the likely explanation.

Spec-wise, the screen is bog-standard- as advertised, the definition isn't great so this is no surprise but the colours are good and videos look fine on it. The touch-screen works well and seems to be just as responsive as I like, neither being too slow nor too fast. The cameras are weak but this again is obvious from the product description so you shouldn't be picking this up if you're after good image quality. It's good that there are two cameras though and they look good around the tablet and its case. You can turn the screen and it auto-adjusts well and functions as it should with stuff like that. The speakers seemed good at first but having tried them in a louder setting they seemed quite quiet- for indoor use though they are totally fine. The GPU is hard to gauge as I don't really game on this- It runs stuff like Pac Man and Tetris but couldn't handle Donkey Kong Country or a few other things so I'd say avoid it if you are after a lot of games but it will easily run your casual time-passer if you so desire.

The only big problem specs-wise if the Wi-Fi which is, really quite terrible. Range-wise it seems to do okay (around my small house) BUT it can't seem to travel through heavy walls at all which means that the Wi-Fi connection is so slow that it is near-enough unusable between one room and another if there is a strong wall between it. My internet is in my bedroom and the Wi-Fi barely gets a signal in the living room which is right next to it. The Wi-Fi works around the rest of the house though, including rooms further away than the living room so it is definitely an issue with the wall. A Samsung Galaxy Tab's Wi-Fi works completely fine in the living room though so it's definitely a fault of this particular tablet.

The battery life is good and I've ran it through a couple of charges now and it seems to be keeping its power. With low-light settings I'm getting about 7 hours of non-stop use out of it, give-or-take a little, before the power gets really low. It can also be used while it is charging (contrary to some reviews I've read here) but not on the first charge- you have to let it charge fully before it can be used but then you can use it while it charges. The keyboard also requires a first time charge. I'm happy with the battery overall and it somewhat makes up for the bad Wi-Fi.

So, a Google search will show that this company has a dubious record and it's not pleasant reading at all- there are also some horror stories in the reviews and so it has to be said that one takes a risk buying from here. I've had no problem with the seller thus far though and hopefully the tablet out-lives its warranty and I won't ever have to update this at some point saying otherwise.

So, it's important to give some context here- I bought this tablet for one specific purpose which was to use it to take notes in class- this means that the Wi-Fi, GPU, video-quality, cameras etc. are all unimportant to me as I have other devices for that stuff. What I needed from this tablet then was that it be easy to use, quick, look the part, have good battery life, and be fully-compatible key-board wise with apps etc. helpful to my learning. The keyboard works with free office apps and is integrated very well with the tablet itself and all the other stuff I've needed is good too so for my purposes this tablet is what I was looking for. That doesn't mean it'll do the same for you though- I needed it for a very specific set of circumstances rather than as a complete package and thanks to some terrible Wi-Fi, some cheap elements, and the fact that it is not a big-brand product, this tablet leaves a lot to be desired if you want something that you can use for everything.

You need to ask yourself then what this is for- if you want a tablet as a main device then I'd suggest you save some extra pennies and go for a bigger brand product because as a complete package it is hard for me to say that this item is worth the price tag. However, for what I needed it to do, it has been very good- possibly better than bigger brands which do not have keyboard integration or like to charge a significant amount more for it. Even though it's still hard to justify the cost (solely because of the Wi-Fi I'd say), assuming the product continues to work, I'll be satisfied with the purchase. So ask yourself if this is what you need and think about what you plan to use it for before committing to the purchase.

My Aim Is True
My Aim Is True

5.0 out of 5 stars Costello Yellow., 26 Jan 2013
This review is from: My Aim Is True (MP3 Download)
Great album, not much else to say really, full of brilliant tracks. Not my favourite Costello album but it's up there with them.

Poinciana Revisited / Freeflight [+digital booklet]
Poinciana Revisited / Freeflight [+digital booklet]

5.0 out of 5 stars yes., 26 Jan 2013
Pick it up while you can- very good price, digital booklet and all. If you love jazz piano you'll love this.

Mozart: The Complete Piano Sonatas
Mozart: The Complete Piano Sonatas

5.0 out of 5 stars Why Now?, 26 Jan 2013
Can't imagine why someone could not find this a bargain- great music and brilliant performances. Maybe a tad quiet but that's nitpicking.

R.E.M. -- Around the Sun: Authentic Guitar TAB
R.E.M. -- Around the Sun: Authentic Guitar TAB
by R. E. M.
Edition: Sheet music

4.0 out of 5 stars Tab, 26 Jan 2013
Pretty self-explanatory, guitar tabs for all the tracks on the album with notation for the vocal parts. Easy to play too, but the tab is accurate- not a simplification or anything.

Original Album Classics [Explicit]
Original Album Classics [Explicit]

2.0 out of 5 stars Hit, miss and miss., 26 Jan 2013
I'm a big Dylan fan and this contained three albums I didn't have. Sadly two of them are quite possibly my least-favourite albums of his. The reviews on the albums tend to agree with me- empire burlesque on the other hand is a good album and I recommend it. Only get this set though if you are completing all of Dylan's albums.

Page: 1 | 2