Profile for Pamela McLay > Reviews

Content by Pamela McLay

Pamela McLay

Philip s Navigator Britain (Mainland Atlas with route planner maps and local maps) (Mainland Atlases)
by Philip's
Edition: Spiral-bound
Price: 18.39

4.0 out of 5 stars Some good and some not-so-good points., 30 Dec 2013
We have been using the Philip's Navigator UK Road Atlases for about 25 years and we think they are absolutely brilliant. They are on a large scale so you get pretty well EVERYTHING recorded on them, even all the locks on canals, the tiniest hamlets and villages and footpaths and un-numbered back roads. In my view they are better than the satnav (which I find more useful only in city centres). I renewed our previous edition only to update recent road changes and I like the fact it is spiral bound. However, it falls short of a 5 star rating in my view because the places of interest are now printed in black instead of red, which means they don't jump out at you on the page. This may seem a minor point but we often make use of this facility when on a long journey. The red print on our old edition really stood out and made it easy to pick out places we might like to visit. I find I am still referring to the old edition for this, which rather spoils the advantage of having a new one!! Also I have found at least one small hamlet is no longer listed in the new edition, even though I believe it still exists. How many more have now been dropped? In spite of these points, I would still recommend it as far and away the best road atlas ever published, with the most prolific amount of information and very easy to follow on a journey.

Home for Christmas
Home for Christmas
Offered by Springwood Media
Price: 4.60

2.0 out of 5 stars Bland and boring., 30 Dec 2013
This review is from: Home for Christmas (Audio CD)
We have enjoyed previous Susan Boyle CDs but we found this one bland and rather boring. We wouldn't recommend it.