Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Bradford, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Second Chance Romance
Second Chance Romance

4.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable, 3 Feb 2013
I enjoyed this book. The story line was sweet but sexy and I liked the characters. The writing wasn't so great: I found a lot of sentences used the same word a couple of times so they didn't flow very well. There were also quite a few mistakes: words missing, spelled incorrectly etc. It didn't spoil the story for me though. I did find myself getting a bit frustrated at points where the author rushed over things that could have been described in more detail. Sometimes it felt like she was on a deadline and had to gloss over scenes that she could have made really brilliant (ie: sex scenes).

All in all, definitely worth a read if you like a good, sexy romance. And I like the cover of the book!

The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead Series Book 1)
The Unidentified Redhead (The Redhead Series Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite kind of book - brilliant!, 22 Jan 2013
I read Wallbanger by Alice Clayton not so long ago and loved it, so I thought I'd give this one a try too. Boy am I glad I did! This book is absolutely full of outrageous flirty banter and contained many LOL moments. The characters are really gorgeous and funny too. There isn't really much of a storyline; it's just about Jack and Grace who get together despite their age difference and how their relationship builds from a bit of witty banter at a party to something very much more. It's funny, sexy (VERY in parts!), sweet and romantic. If you like this style of writing, I'm sure you'll love this book. I was absolutely gutted when it ended, but then immediately delighted when my trusty Kindle advised me that the next in the series was available for download right there and then! Happy days! :-)

Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 2)
Beneath This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW!, 19 Jan 2013
I struggled a bit with the first book of this trilogy because I felt there wasn't enough 'story', but this one - wow! The characters felt so real and I loved the revelations that came out during the book. Jesse is definitely very manipulative and controlling, but a whole heap of good things as well. I can understand why Ava found him irresistible despite all of his many flaws. Their relationship was so volatile and I really don't know how any couple could live like that in the real world - I would be a nervous wreck! I literally couldn't put the book down and needed to know what was going to happen next. What a great drama! Can't wait for the next installment.

Worth the Scandal: Worth It
Worth the Scandal: Worth It

5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable., 15 Jan 2013
I really enjoyed this. It's basically an office romance that has lots of chemistry between the two main characters. If you like Melody Anne's books, you'll like this. Very good for a freebie!

Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)
Wait For Me (Against All Odds Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A romance with substance!, 14 Jan 2013
What a great book this was - I'm not surprised it's getting so many good reviews on here. Far fetched? Maybe. But all the same, the plot was very intricate and exciting. I lost count of how many times I got goosebumps! The relationship between the characters was very believable and spicy. I wonder if the author would consider writing another book about Mitch and Simone? I loved those two. Mitch's sense of humour was right up my street!

If you like to read a good romance that has a really clever and interesting story surrounding it, get this. I shall look out for more books by this author.

This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1)
This Man (This Man Trilogy Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, but could be better., 6 Jan 2013
Whilst I enjoyed this book enough to finish it, it was almost like watching the aftermath of a car crash. You really shouldn't look but you can't help it.

It's a fairly long book and most of it is just about an extremely unreasonable and controlling man called Jesse who continually demands sex from his 'plaything' Ava. Ava then runs for the hills because of his ridiculous and controlling behaviour, in and out of the bedroom, so he then barges doors down and throws his weight around, ends up having sex with her and it all begins again. It only starts to get good when the actual 'story' starts later on, when we find out a bit more about Jesse and his 'world'.

The lack of conversation between the two really wound me up; I just can't believe that a couple so physically involved wouldn't talk at all and they barely did. I also didn't like the lack of any tenderness between the two - that also spoilt it for me.

I think their relationship 'pre-revelation' went on for too long and got a bit boring. There were times too when their lack of basic personal hygiene left me feeling rather 'icky' (not what they did particularly, I'm sure you know what I mean if you've read it!)

All in all, I think this book is fairly similar to 50 Shades. The initial book was enjoyable but the actual story will get going in the subsequent parts of the trilogy. I hope so anyway; I intend to download the next when it's available!

Hopeless
Hopeless

5.0 out of 5 stars Holy WOW!!! Best romance plot I've read all year., 2 Jan 2013
This review is from: Hopeless (Kindle Edition)
What an absolutely brilliant book. Firstly, don't let the fact that it's a 'teen romance' put you off if you're of an older generation. I'm in my mid thirties and this is the best book I've read all year (and I've read 102 of them in the last 10 months!!!).

For me, the book came in three parts. The first part was about a 17 year old girl called Sky who had lived a sheltered life after being home-schooled by her Mum. She decided to enrol at public school for the last couple of years so she could gain some social skills before she moved on with the next chapter of her life. She meets a boy who thinks he knows her from somewhere, and spends quite a bit of time being freaked out by him because she thinks he's stalking her.

The second part is the 'romance' part. They get together and all is good. This section contains a few comical lines and their relationship develops into something very sweet and lovely.

The third part... WELL! Amazing. This is where the book REALLY picks up. I don't have enough fingers to count the times I gasped and shouted 'OMG!'. I even had to explain to my husband what was going on in the plot because I was making so much noise! I'm not going to give anything away and spoil it though, but this is where the book gets most of its marks from me. How the author thought out such a brilliant, yet for the most part believable, plot is beyond me.

In summary, whilst this book is probably classed as a teen romance, the romance part actually takes a back seat to the amazing and brilliant storyline. It's quite gritty and emotional (as well as a little bit saucy in parts) and there are so many twists and turns you'll realise fairly quickly that you're not reading a run-of-the-mill romance novel.

10 stars to the author; I shall definitely be looking out for more of her work!

Beautiful Disaster
Beautiful Disaster

5.0 out of 5 stars Romance with a very dysfunctional couple!, 31 Dec 2012
I really enjoyed this book, I think mainly because of the character of Travis. Despite his flaws, I really thought he was totally lovely! The relationship between Travis and Abby ('Pidge') is a seriously dysfunctional one but then if it wasn't, the book would be quite boring! I found it difficult to put it down and read well into the night to finish it. I would definitely recommend this book if you like a good romance that isn't too soft and fluffy. It's a little bit saucy in parts but quite tame compared to some of the books out there these days. Enjoy!

Backstage Pass (The Sinners on Tour)
Backstage Pass (The Sinners on Tour)

5.0 out of 5 stars A very saucy rock star romance!, 24 Dec 2012
I enjoyed this book but be warned - it's VERRRRRY saucy and explicit! But if you like that kind of thing then go for it!

Professor of Human Sexuality Myrna Evans meets up with very drunk rock star Brian Sinclair in a hotel lobby after a conference and sparks fly. It starts out as a bit of fun but things change as it becomes clear that Brian is actually very 'fluffy' and romantic, and Myrna is the damaged one of the pair with some serious commitment issues after being hurt very badly by her ex husband.

I would say this book is similar to 'The Mighty Storm' with a bit of kinky '50 Shades' thrown in for good measure. If you liked those two books, I'm sure you'll enjoy this. Have fun! ;-)

The Edge of Never
The Edge of Never

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally brilliant! But buy a box of tissues..., 21 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Edge of Never (Kindle Edition)
WOW. What a brilliant book. It's basically about two people who meet on a long bus journey and end up travelling together. I won't spoil the story by telling you what happens but I'll say this - you WILL cry. Unless you're a robot. I really hope the author brings out a second book!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6