Profile for S. Crawford > Reviews

S. Crawford

Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple
Vax U90-MA-Re Air Reach Upright Vacuum Cleaner - Purple

5.0 out of 5 stars Win the battle against Pet hair, 29 Dec. 2014
Wow. Bought this as a spare hoover as our Dyson has had 2 failures in 2 months. You can't knock Dyson for their customer service or warranty - both repairs have been carried out under warranty, but our only problem was having to wait a week each time for the engineer to come out. Having 2 big dogs that shed constantly we can't afford any down time.
We thought we'g get this VAX Air Reach U-90-MA-RE for a few reasons - the reviews seemed good, it was under £100 and it has a 6 month warranty.
Like other Dyson owners on here we weren't expecting this to be any comparison to our Dyson DC41 Animal - but we were very very pleasantly surprised. We moved into our house last year and haven't got round to decorating every room yet, hence a dark blue carpet and 2 light coloured dogs - you can imagine the carnage. The worst part is that the carpet is a magnet for every single hair and the dogs hairs seem to weave their way into the carpet it making it very difficult to hoover them up. Even after hoovering with our beloved Dyson you can still see quite a few hairs - it's just impossible to get completely clean. Well not any more - the power of this VAX is amazing. Our carpet has never looked so clean - it beats the Dyson hands down for suction power. It also has a very long cable which means I can plug into one socket and hoover the whole of the downstairs of the house without moving to another socket.
Now for the negatives - on heavy rugs it can be hard going, you feel like you're getting a workout. On flimsier, smaller rugs it is impossible to clean without them getting sucked up in the hoover - I have no problem with this with the Dyson - which shows just how much more suction the VAX has. The nozzle/arm isn't as quick or simple to use as the Dyson - it's a bit more of a fiddle to put together, but does work well when done. Despite this I still feel it is worthy of 5 stars because of the cleaning power, the low energy rating and the excellent value here on Amazon (I paid £94.99 at the beginning of December on a daily deal)
If you have pets I would not hesitate to recommend this product.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 29, 2014 12:12 PM GMT

Comfort Stretch Pull Sports Style Soft Stretch Cup Perfect Comfort - Beauty Bra® - 10 Colours To Choose From - All Sizes 6-22 (Large 14, 3 Pack - Black White & Nude)
Offered by Marielle Underwear

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than expected., 11 Oct. 2014
Very pleased with this purchase, so much so that I've ordered another 4 today and am taking the time to leave this review (which I seldom do).
I bought the triple pack (non-padded in black, white and nude) in size 14 (34DD). The colours are a good mix. I looked at lots of different brands of this style bra and chose these based on the reviews. I was still very sceptical about the support that these bra's would give and concerned that they would look frumpy, but they give excellent support and shape. This feels like a good quality bra and very comfortable.
They're not the sexiest of bra's but they're not unsightly either. Underneath clothing they give a better lift, are a much smoother fit and define my shape more so than all my other considerably more expensive bras.
I've never worn bra's at night and have read so many mixed reviews about whether or not you should. I usually wear under-wired bras for maximum support during the day but couldn't wear them to bed as they were too uncomfortable and would dig in. I've been wearing these to bed for the last 2 nights and they're so comfortable that you forget you've got them on. Almost like a second skin. Such great value too, where can you buy a well fitted comfortable bra for around £4 delivered? Give them a try and you won't be disappointed.

The Organic Pet Organic Cinnamon Honey 3 Jumbo Dog Treats (Pack of 10)
The Organic Pet Organic Cinnamon Honey 3 Jumbo Dog Treats (Pack of 10)

5.0 out of 5 stars Pups love it, 18 Oct. 2011
Got this on a whim as thought not very expensive for quantity (3kg of biscuits) and worked out much better value than the bite size. Biscuits arrived broken, but doesn't matter as I'm breaking them up into small pieces anyway.
My pups go wild for this treat - if they've been good they get the smallest piece and immediately sit down ready for them. As soon as they get the scent when I open the bag, their tails start wagging. Very pleased with the purchase and happy that it is an organic treat without additives.

Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours
Innocent Smoothie Recipe Book: 57 and a Half Recipes From Our Kitchen to Yours
by Louise Haines

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, Excellent, Excellent, 26 Dec. 2006
Not much to say other than Excellent Book. It's very light hearted, great humour and we have tried about 4 recipes to date and they were all really good. I would recommend this to all my friends and if you're looking to start making smoothies for the first time I couldn't think of a better book to use.