Profile for Long > Reviews

Content by Long

Long "Steve" (United Kingdom)

August LP200 - Wireless Presenter with Shortcut Keys and Laser Pointer - Remote Control Range: 15m - Battery Powered - White
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, especially with AutoHotkey, 21 Oct 2014
This is a really neat, simple to use, light and functional device. It will only control various 'presentation' software out of the box, but if you use a free program called AutoHotkey, you can map the buttons to perform almost any function, including controlling Media Player, or many other common PC functions that might be useful remotely.

Ramozz @  Car MP3 Player Tape Cassette Adapter for SD/MMC Slot USB
Ramozz @ Car MP3 Player Tape Cassette Adapter for SD/MMC Slot USB
Offered by Locoisle777

3.0 out of 5 stars Low quality, but does work as advertised., 2 Oct 2014
It's a very low quality unit, but then it is very cheap! Don't have your headphones in your ears when plugging them into the unit, or turning it on/off, you get nasty cracks and pops. MP3 playback quality is very low too, but what else would you expect. Also, the instructions are pretty poor, with the button descriptions not actually matching those on the device. With a bit of trial and error it does the job but I wouldn't recommend it as a standalone MP3 player.

Putting it inside a casette tape player, it does actually do what it's supposed too though. It plays MP3 files out through the tape unit. Now to see if I can play some old 8-bit Sinclair Spectrum games through it and load them on my Spectrum, for a really authentic retro feel!

As a side note, the first one I received didn't work, when I plugged it in to charge it got really hot. The power button didn't do anything, I think it probably had a short inside somewhere. The seller sent a replacement free of charge though, so can't fault the customer service. The replacement unit does work as advertised.

Andrex on the go Toilet Tissue
Andrex on the go Toilet Tissue
Offered by UK Pharmacy Direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Never be without one of these, 20 April 2012
My better half would never be without one of these rolls in her handbag, they're great, and not so easy to come by in high street stops these days either. I've recently looked in several supermarkets and drug stores and they've vanished! Please keep selling them

MediaDevil Magicscreen Screen Protector: Crystal Clear (Invisible) - Apple iPad 2/3/4 (2nd Generation / 3rd Generation / 4th Generation) - (2 x Screen Protectors)
Offered by MediaDevil

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent screen protector brand, 11 April 2012
I've used the MediaDevil screen protectors on all my iDevices and they're great value and easy to fit. I generally prefer the anti-glare ones because they are smoother to run your finger over and make the slightly 'sticky' iPad screens easier to use, but went for the clear one for my iPad 3 and it's actually almost as nice to use. I would recommend the clear one to anyone with a retina display device and the anti-glare variety for the others.

Ghost In The Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
Ghost In The Wires: My Adventures as the World's Most Wanted Hacker
by Kevin D. Mitnick

5.0 out of 5 stars A must read for anyone with even a passing interest in computers and the Internet, 15 Nov 2011
I bought this on day of release in hardback, which is odd for me, I generally read everything electronically and buy Kindle ebooks these days. I remember the stories of Kevin Mitnick from back when I was at University learning Computer Science. This was just at the start of the Internet era. I remember thinking at the time, 'man, the stories make this guy seem like an international terrorist, I wonder what the truth actually is' and now I know.

The book is a very easy read, whether you're a tech head or not. There's enough detail to keep people like me happy, but it's presented so anyone can follow and understand it. It's exciting too, not just a dry story from one perspective. The author did lot of research into the other people involved in the story, getting interviews and documents to build a very complete picture of hacking, running from the authorities and finally getting caught.

I enjoyed this very much, and would recommend it to anyone.

Energenie Trailing Gang with Four Radio Controlled Surge Protected Sockets
Energenie Trailing Gang with Four Radio Controlled Surge Protected Sockets

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 7 Jun 2011
This is an awesome bit of kit, well made and very useful. You can turn on and off each socket with ease using the remote, or do them all at once with the button on the strip itself. We use one in our tent to allow us to turn the light we have off after getting into sleeping bags and zipping up! Not sure if the remote is multi channel or not but I've ordered two and will update the review with details.