Profile for J White > Reviews

Content by J White

J White "Librarylover" (Kent UK)

Philips iPhone 4 4S iPod Speaker Dock Docking Station System, Touch 4G Nano 6G, Black
Offered by Electro Tycoon
Price: 79.95

5.0 out of 5 stars Singing plug, 25 Dec 2012
Has anyone had a problem with a whistling plug? The sound quality is brilliant but the noise from the plug is overbearing

Beyond This Horizon
Beyond This Horizon
by David Thompson
Price: 9.47

5.0 out of 5 stars Hugely enjoyable, 20 Aug 2012
This review is from: Beyond This Horizon (Paperback)
Beyond This Horizon by first time novelist David Thompson, is a hugely enjoyable read. Set in rural Cumbria and arty London in the early 20th century, the novel features Tat and his journey from boyhood to manhood. This captivating and often moving story weaves effortlessly between the worlds of northern farming life, bohemian art college, jazz, opera and rugby football.

The enduring themes of love and friendship are expertly written and are really the heartbeat of the text. Looking forward to the sequel very much

The Dovekeepers
The Dovekeepers
by Alice Hoffman
Price: 14.35

3.0 out of 5 stars The Dovekeepers, 3 Dec 2011
This review is from: The Dovekeepers (Hardcover)
After having read everything Alice Hoffman has ever written I was looking forward to this new book after having read the glowing reviews. I was sorely disappointed, I found the book disjointed, confusing and and I am sorry to say boring. I did not finish it which I have only ever done on a couple of occasions. I found the first story very moving and as always, beautifully written, but halfway through the second story, I had given up caring about any of the characters. I have since read "The Red Garden" by Hoffman, I think I have read so many they are becoming repetative, which is very disheartening. I shall look out for the next book as usual of course.....
Comment Comments (4) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 26, 2012 11:21 AM BST