Profile for penny stafford > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Villa
The Villa

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning., 8 Aug. 2014
This review is from: The Villa (Kindle Edition)
As evocative as Victoria Hislop's 'The Island'. Pure sunshine in the written form, with aromas of delicious Sicilian food leaping out from every page. The need to read this book was compelling; the love, the warmth, the feeling of being drawn into Sicily - as well as the enticing mystery and danger - a true gem of a book. This book is up there with my top 10 and I couldn't recommend it enough. Absolutely wonderful.

Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander Book 8)
Written in My Own Heart's Blood (Outlander Book 8)

5.0 out of 5 stars supremely satisfying, 5 July 2014
Having waited a few years for this latest instalment in the lives of Mr and Mrs Fraser, I admit its been worth it. I just don't know how I will manage the intervening years before the next chapter in their lives is completed. If I would ever recommend one author, it would be Diana Gabaldon. These books draw you deep into the characters and the historical times they live in. They become emblazoned upon your soul. Inspiring.

Wooden Ice Lollies Play Food Set
Wooden Ice Lollies Play Food Set
Offered by Spotty Green Frog

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantabuloso!, 28 Jan. 2014
Great looking icecreams/lollies! They are so colourful and you really wish they were real so you could take a yummy bite. My kids have had so much fun with these. On a daily basis my daughter comes over with the tray and offers me an icecream! Recommend.

Christys Dress Up Mulberry Fairy Dress with Wings Costume (4 - 6 Years)
Christys Dress Up Mulberry Fairy Dress with Wings Costume (4 - 6 Years)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely - for the price, 28 Jan. 2014
Considering how cheap this was, I am really impressed by it's quality. Lovely colours, nice feel, great fit for my daughter.

Q Connect 150mm/6 inch Clip Fan
Q Connect 150mm/6 inch Clip Fan
Offered by GVC digital Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 28 Jan. 2014
Didn't work properly - very intermittent. What a waste of money. Wish I hadn't bothered. Did think about sending it back but I couldn't be bothered with all the effort.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic., 28 Jan. 2014
I don't usually take the time to write a review. Two kids under 5 keeps me busy, and when I do have spare time I don't usually spend it writing Amazon reviews. However, I do feel the need to spread the word about how fantastic these mattresses are. I spent a while researching affordable single mattresses for my kids, so that they could move up to bunk beds. I chose these memory foam mattresses based on other customer's reviews, and they are spot on. The mattresses arrived days before I expected them - I placed the order on a Wednesday and they arrived on Friday, despite the email telling me they would arrive the following working week. I live on the Isle of Wight too, so was doubly impressed. The mattresses only needed about an hour to fill out once unrolled. They have beautifully soft jersey cotton zipper covers, and the mattress itself is incredibly comfortable. My kids love them, and to be honest, having had a bit of a lie down on them myself I can honestly say that I am now planning to replace my kingsize mattress with one of these. Top product and top price. You won't be disappointed.

Fancy Dress Dinosaur Costume Toddler age 3 yrs
Fancy Dress Dinosaur Costume Toddler age 3 yrs
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value but not great quality, 18 Oct. 2013
I bought this outfit for my 2 year old daughter who loves dinosaurs. She is quite tall for her age, about 95cm. This outfit fits her perfectly in the leg and is perhaps an inch long at the cuff. It is not the best costume but I didn't expect that for the price. But it is soft and easy to put on and has plenty of room for my 2 year old to run and climb and jump and sit cross legged etc. It is comprised of a soft but quite thin (although looks machine washable and durable) dinosaur body suit which you then velcro at the back. The hood is a little large but not excessively so, and velcros under the chin. The feet are separate and have plenty of room - my daughter is a size 8 and they are not snug, but not too large that she would trip over them.

All in all, excellent value for the price, okayish quality, and plenty of giggles, roars and laughs form my daughter, so YES, I WOULD RECOMMEND if you don't want to spent £20 on an outfit that your little darling might trash, rip, grow bored of within weeks/months/days!!

Under An English Heaven
Under An English Heaven
by Robert Radcliffe

5.0 out of 5 stars Moving, and so realistic., 24 May 2013
This is not the sort of book I usually read but I read it upon a recommendation and I am so glad that I did. Now that I have finished this book I feel bereft. The author has a magical way with his characters and storyline; but the real treasure of this book is it's narrative. Superbly written, this book draws you in to 1943 and makes you feel like you were there. I could smell the oil, feel the rumbling of the planes, and my heart was in my mouth with every mission. Amazing. I have rarely read an author who has the capability of completely drawing you in, losing you in the plot. This book had me waking in the middle of the night thinking about the characters and worrying about them. Truly inspiring.

Snugg iPad Mini & Mini 2 Case - Smart Cover with Flip Stand & Lifetime Guarantee (Black Leather) for Apple iPad Mini & Mini 2 with Retina

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it!, 1 Feb. 2013
This is my 3rd iPad Mini case, and wish I'd saved myself time and money and bought this one in the first place. I ad a Goji one first which was rubbish and felt cheap, plus it didn't fit we'll. then I bought another which really didn't fit precisely...plus it had a hard, shiny feel to it. But the Snugg is lovely. It's a great fit, very tactile, wonderfully soft and I recommend it to all iPad owners.

Howling at the Moon
Howling at the Moon
by Michael Catchpool & Jill Newton

5.0 out of 5 stars Just lovely, 6 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Howling at the Moon (Paperback)
This is such a lovely book. My (now 3) son has loved it since he was two and a half. The story is just the right length and detailed to keep them involved in what's happening and it is a firm favourite at bedtime. We have now purchased this as birthday presents for other 3 year olds.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3