Profile for J. Mcilreavy > Reviews

The Art Of Celebration
The Art Of Celebration
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful! Their Best Album so far, 10 May 2014
I love love love this album. I enjoyed their previous albums, but this one is outstanding!!! I usually have a favourite song on any album I buy, but on this one, it's impossible to choose! They're all beautiful and make you just want to dance, sing, worship....... WOW!!! Well done guys

Financial Kingship
Financial Kingship
by Allan Rockhill
Price: 9.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Financial Kingship (Paperback)
I devoured this book in two days!! Not because it's 'lightweight' in any way, but because as a 'small business' owner and believer in Jesus who wants to run my business on Biblical principles, it was exactly what I needed to hear. And now I'm about to start at the beginning and read it again, slowly, to allow the wonderful truths Allan Rockhill has drawn from God's word and his many years of living out these principles in his own life, to sink in properly. And then, when I've finished reading it again, I'll pass it on - no gathering dust on the shelf for this gem!
Highly, highly recommended read!

BeadSmith Metal Hole Punch Pliers For Sheet Metal - 1.25mm
BeadSmith Metal Hole Punch Pliers For Sheet Metal - 1.25mm
Offered by BeadaholiqueUK
Price: 9.74

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 21 Aug 2013
These are great! They do exactly what they say - though they are a little bit on the pricey side.

God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
God Knows My Name: Never Forgotten, Forever Loved
Price: 4.72

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this book!, 21 Aug 2013
I love this book! It's the sort of book that I will go back to and use over and over again for future Bible study and personal devotional reading. There are so many little 'nuggets' in here - Beth Redman has an amazing gift of drawing meaning out of verses in the Bible that I hadn't seen before - and I've been reading the Bible for nearly 40 years.

He Never Let Go
He Never Let Go
Price: 1.98

3.0 out of 5 stars It was OK, 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: He Never Let Go (Kindle Edition)
It wasn't the sort of book I usually read. One can't really critique another person's personal story, especially one with a strongly positive ending, which this one has. The author is very honest about the personal struggles she went through as she 'lost' her faith, which is very courageous. I just didn't enjoy the book, personally, because I don't enjoy these sort of books - sort of 'let it all out'. It was a bit like reading someone's journal.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 14, 2013 12:44 PM BST

The Safest Place on Earth: Where People Connect and Are Forever Changed
The Safest Place on Earth: Where People Connect and Are Forever Changed
Price: 9.88

5.0 out of 5 stars Very challenging, Another Excellent Book From Dr Larry Crabb, 21 Aug 2013
A review I read before buying this described at as 'an uncomfortable read'. In many ways that more or less sums this book up, but in a very good way, if that makes sense! In that it shakes the reader from his or her comfort 'zone' of just 'doing church', and challenges you to a more genuine fellowship, relationship based community of believers - creating a safe place where people CAN be real. We shouldn't feel that we have to put on masks when we go to church, and it's up to us to 'turn our chairs to one another' - the beautiful and moving illustration about the rows of chairs that Dr Crabb writes about at the beginning of the book.

The Acts... Between the Lines: A Novel in Truth
The Acts... Between the Lines: A Novel in Truth
Price: 0.77

3.0 out of 5 stars Found it hard to read, 10 Aug 2013
I was attracted to this book because I love 'Biblical novels', but I was expecting it to be in the same ilk as Lynn Austin's 'God's and Kings' series. Sadly it was completely spoiled because all the scriptural (Biblical) parts, which, because its a Biblical novel, makes up about 60% of the book, are from the King James Version of the Bible. Why did the author feel this was necessary? It just makes for laborious reading! We have wonderful, accurate modern translations of the Bible, the King James Version isn't more accurate, it's just off-putting. I read to about chapter 3 and then gave up. Very disappointed.

God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
God Speaks Your Love Language: How to Feel and Reflect God's Love
Price: 4.08

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite!, 10 Aug 2013
This is my absolute favourite in Gary Chapman's series on the Five Love Languages. What an amazing and wonderful God we have, that he actually takes time to speak to us as individuals in our own 'love language', in a way that we can understand his immense love for us - and then pass it on to others.

The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
The Five Love Languages: The Secret to Love that Lasts
Price: 4.07

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 10 Aug 2013
Excellent book. I highly recommend the whole series own this topic of the five love languages. It will change the way you see yourself and how relate to others.

The Five Love Languages Singles Edition
The Five Love Languages Singles Edition
Price: 6.30

5.0 out of 5 stars I've just read this for the 2nd time and found it even more inspiring, 10 Aug 2013
I've just read this for the second time and found it even more inspiring second time all these years later.

Page: 1 | 2