Profile for Keys007 > Reviews

Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Vario Outlast Wellington Boots
Aigle Unisex-Adult Parcours 2 Vario Outlast Wellington Boots
Price: £82.66 - £215.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant boots, 3 Jan. 2014
In the past, I have owned Hunter boots, Muckboots and standard 'cheap' wellies. I too have noticed the quality of Hunter boots decline over the years - my most recent pair of Tall boots not feeling quite right - constantly slopping around on my feet and legs.
My previous pair of Muckboots stood the test of time well; keeping my feet warm and comfortable through long days shooting in Scotland and waking the dog. I began to find these too heavy and somewhat cumbersome for day-to-day waking so I ventured onto Amazon to find a new pair.
As it happens, 15 minutes after I began searching for new boots, Amazon had one of their patented 'Lightning Deals' on these boots - a prime opportunity for me to get some reputable boots.
Almost instantly after pressing 'Confirm', I began to feel anxious about ordering an EU 44 as I am normally a comfortable EU 43 (UK 9). For long days walking, I must wear my shoe inserts to correct a falling arch in my foot, so I decided on a 44 (which feels like a solid UK 9.5). Anxiously awaiting their arrival as I needed them the following day for shooting, DPD messaged to give me the 1 hour delivery window - brilliant service from DPD, flawless.
I wore them round he house for most of the first day to get used to them and soon found them to be excellent boots that fit perfectly (albeit with the obligatory pair of Wellington boot socks) - PHEW!
The real test was the next day: up at 5 am to arrive at my shoot for 8.30 am. I put the wellies on at around 5.30 in the car (a cold January morning) and didn't take them off until 7 PM!
To aid my review, I set my Nike GPS tracker on my phone the minute I stepped out of the car to monitor just how far I would walk that day (incidentally just under 12 miles) through thick mud, grass, Tarmac, woodland areas and streams.
The Aigle boots performed admirably; keeping my feet firmly planted at the optimum temperature so as to avoid fatigue, whilst providing superb comfort - even though they weigh much less than my previous pair of Muckboots.
Ultimately, these Aigle boots are up there with the best I have ever tried. Yes, they are a little pricey but should last years if taken care of properly.
My only grievance lies with Amazon's illustration of these boots, they are (as I expected after a quick Google search) more green than black - ideal for me as this was colour I needed but perhaps not for those that want a pair of black boots.
As I have not had them very long, I am unable to comment on their reliability and durability though I shall be sure to add to this review in a few months' time.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2014 9:39 PM BST

Dyson DC24 Animal - Ultra-Lightweight Dyson Ball Upright Vacuum Cleaner for Pet Owners

5.0 out of 5 stars Great replacement to my ageing DC07, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this Dyson to replace my ageing DC07 which has suffered a lot over the 6+ years we've had it. Over the years, it has had to cope with kitchen extensions and knocking down load-bearing walls and it was finally time to replace the old girl.
The first thing that stuck my about the DC24 Animal is the size: compared to the previous generation it is positively tiny. Like really, really small. This, however, is not a bad thing. The new DC24 is light, manoeuvrable and fits into a small cupboard with ease. As is not entirely clear with the images Amazon provides, the handle is telescopic: extending to full height with a confident 'click' for use, and collapsing once finished for easy storage. Once extended, it is almost exactly the same height as the old Dyson.
Due to its size, I was slightly sceptical as to it's cleaning ability as we live in a 4 bedroom house, carpeted throughout (other than a slate kitchen floor), with 3 cats, 2 children and a dog. I was, thankfully, wrong to be sceptical. The amount of dust, dirt and pet hair this little Dyson picks up is simply astonishing, with half the effort needed with the old model.
I have a persistent niggly back so a lighter model was essential and it really doesn't disappoint, I can lift it up and down the stairs with two fingers (as you have to as the hose is only 4ft long).
The storage bin is much, much smaller than the old Dyson but emptying is no hassle at all: you just hold it over the bin, push the button and the contents drop out (although sometimes a little shake and tap is required).
I would like to award the DC24 4.5 stars, however Amazon does not give provision for this, as the cable is not as long as I'm used to with the previous generation, the same goes for the hose.
Comment Comment | Permalink

Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel 20cm Magic Whisk
Kitchen Craft Stainless Steel 20cm Magic Whisk

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for omelettes, 31 Dec. 2013
I use his solely for whisking eggs for making Saturday morning omelettes. It is much easier than using a large balloon whisk and is much less damaging to bowls than a fork. You really can't argue with the price either.

L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Extreme Charcoal Wash 150ml
L'Oreal Men Expert Hydra Energetic Extreme Charcoal Wash 150ml

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for everyday use, 31 Dec. 2013
I am a 19 year old white male and I suffer from slightly oily skin with persistent spots around the mouth.
I have to be careful with the products I use as I have fairly sensitive skin. I started using this face wash under recommendation from a friend with exactly the same skin type. I use twice daily, in the morning with exfoliating gloves and at night before bed without the gloves. A pea-sized amount lathers up well (I was initially sceptical as it is jet-black) and leaves my skin feeling very, very clean. After 2 weeks of use, my skin has improved and I have far fewer spots. Any spots that do appear, I use the "elf Zit Zapper" as found on Amazon, which reduces spot size in a matter of hours. It cleans pores deeply and has left me almost no blackheads.

Typhoon 36 Oil Pourers S/Steel
Typhoon 36 Oil Pourers S/Steel
Offered by MightyHousewares

4.0 out of 5 stars Good item, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this spout as we have started buying rapeseed oil in bulk, from amazon, and then decant into a wine bottle for easier use. The spout looks great and stays in place in a regular-necked wine bottle. Perhaps too firmly however as the metal neck component comes apart from the plastic seal.

Eastpak Benchmark Pouch - Chuppachop Red
Eastpak Benchmark Pouch - Chuppachop Red

5.0 out of 5 stars What else can I say?, 31 Dec. 2013
It's a pencil case, it's red and looks exactly as pictured. Can't fault Amazon's service, as ever. However this add-on business is starting to annoy me somewhat.

Zippo Lighter Fluid Fuel Petrol 125ml Tin + Wick + 6 Flints
Zippo Lighter Fluid Fuel Petrol 125ml Tin + Wick + 6 Flints
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic product, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this package to bring my ageing Zippo back up to standard. Everything now works as if it was brand new - although bow shows the patina of loving daily use. I cannot recommend Zippo fuel highly enough: I have previously used other brands of fuel (Clipper and Swan to name but two) and was shocked to see how unclean the burn is compared to Zippo - almost no smoke and no unpleasant odour.

Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts
Oral-B Floss Action Electric Toothbrush Replacement Heads - 4 Counts

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever faithful, 31 Dec. 2013
I continue to use these on a daily basis under recommendation from my dentist and hygienist. Twice annually I visit and get the usual comments; excellent oral hygiene and gum health and it's all down to these toothbrush heads. Forget the sceptics and go straight for an official Oral b product; they may costs a little more but will save hundreds, or possibly thousands, in expensive dental bills.

Pharmaceutics: The Design and Manufacture of Medicines
Pharmaceutics: The Design and Manufacture of Medicines
by Aulton

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this because it is almost impossible to get a hold of from my university library. I was impressed with the price however take note: to get round possible copyright issues(?) the seller will Sharpie through the yellow and black banner at the top; the reason I am deducting a star as it seems slightly unprofessional.

Judge Potato Masher
Judge Potato Masher
Offered by Harts Of Stur

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec. 2013
I bought this masher to replace one whose retirement was long-overdue. Initially I liked the design and it seemed to mash just as its 19 year old predecessor, however it just isn't made to stand up to my husband and children's strength. It probably lasted around 3 months, not too bad as it is relatively inexpensive but still not what you'd expect.
I have since retuned to my old-faithful even though it is 3 months older than my 19 year old son!

Page: 1 | 2