Profile for Jeremy > Reviews

Pure Joy
by Christopher Ash
Price: 9.21

5.0 out of 5 stars A rare book onthe conscience, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pure Joy (Paperback)
Christopher Ash has written an excellent book on the subject of the conscience from a Christian Biblical perspective, This is a much needed book as the only other books are either from the Puritans or a book by John MacArthur, which has recently been republished but not updated (The Vanishing Conscience originally published 1994) Christopher Ash has written an easily accessible book with examples from real life (names changed) in each chapter. It pulls no punches, though, and therefore is a challenge to our Twenty First Century view of right and wrong, and the cultural influences that so easily absolve us from blame when we should really listen to conscience not as the absolutely reliable guide, but as the guide that needs to be informed by Scripture to help us through the moral maze. Highly recommended to Christians struggling with all sorts of issues, and non-Christians wanting to know what the Bible says on this subject.

Quilling for Beginners
Quilling for Beginners
by Jean Woolston Hamey

5.0 out of 5 stars A beginners guide to quilling, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Quilling for Beginners (Paperback)
Does what it says on the cover, This is an excellent book. I first got it from the library to help in a girls craft group we run in the church. It is an easy to follow, beginners guide with photos and straightforward text. Highly recommended for beginners of all ages

Kong Air Dog Squeaker Tennis Balls Regular 3pack
Kong Air Dog Squeaker Tennis Balls Regular 3pack
Offered by Midland Outdoor
Price: 3.42

5.0 out of 5 stars A tough fun toy, 10 Nov 2013
Our Springer Spaniel destroys every toy we give her but she cannot destroy these! They squeak (the clue is in the name) and they are easy to throw. Good value and hours of fun. We lose them before they get worn out. Izzy, our dog highly recommends them. The only negative point is that the plastic squeaker does come out after a while. It is a small plastic plug. Still, it can be used as a ball even without the squeaker and you might be glad of the silence after a while!

The One Year Book of Hope (One Year Books)
The One Year Book of Hope (One Year Books)
by Nancy Guthrie
Price: 9.41

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book, 10 Nov 2013
I would recommend this to Christians who want encouragement that is solid and Biblical, not wishful thinking. Also to anyone with a child with a disability as that is the author's situation. She speaks from real experience having learned hard lessons but able to keep a solid faith in God. Short chapters designed for daily readings make this a very accessible book. Several of my friends have read it as well as me.

Grief for a Season
Grief for a Season
by Mildred Tengbom

5.0 out of 5 stars Grief for a Season, 28 Jun 2010
This review is from: Grief for a Season (Paperback)
This is a really helpful book to read yourself and to give to people who are grieving. I have several copies of it, some to lend and others to give, but I always keep one for my own reference. The author deals with many different aspects of grief from a Christian perspective, bringing personal experience and Biblical principle together in short chapters that are easy to read by those going through a tough time. Those I have given it to have been helped by it. I thoroughly recommend it.