Profile for Amanda Hollyer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Birkenstock Women's Madrid Sandals Blue 6 UK
Birkenstock Women's Madrid Sandals Blue 6 UK

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, the right width..., 16 July 2014
Having had a disaster with the last pair of sandals, which wasn't identified as NARROW fitting, I finally found a 'medium' pair, which we in England would probably call 'wide'. Good to know that I could return the narrow pair and have it instantly refunded, which meant I could go ahead with the right pair!

Happy Valley Season 1
Happy Valley Season 1
Dvd
Offered by Lovefilm UK Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Episodes 5 & 6, 28 Jun. 2014
Managed to miss these on the box so downloaded them onto my Macbook Pro; not as good a result as iPlayer, which I have to use all the time as the signal here (south Devon village) is so incredibly slow. Jumping picture though sound acceptable, so just about managed to get the gist.

It's a brilliant piece of writing, ably played by all the actors, in particular Sarah Lancashire, who really goes through it. The plot is tense to the end and I would highly recommend this work, in spite of the glitches.

Say hi to Ivan Strasburg (DoP)... the best carbonara Don and I have had; memorable.

Birkenstock Women's Madrid 26 UK483 Blue Slides Sandal 6 UK 39 EU
Birkenstock Women's Madrid 26 UK483 Blue Slides Sandal 6 UK 39 EU

1.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fitting not made clear..., 23 Jun. 2014
I love Birkenstocks. I've bought at least six pairs, mostly through Amazon; this time, however, was a disaster. Why? Because there was no indication of the narrow fit it turned out to be...

I've now worked it out, for all of you out there who haven't got a clue how it works: the footprint sign on the ball of the heel. If it is SOLID, it is a narrow fitting; if it is OPEN (ie, outline only) it is 'medium' ( or, as we Brits would say, wide). Hope that helps, if the crazy person selling them doesn't bother to tell you and includes BOTH fittings in ONE listing...

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp 6 in 1 Blade Sharpener
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp 6 in 1 Blade Sharpener

1.0 out of 5 stars My Razorsharp only lasted six months..., 15 Oct. 2013
...in fact, it broke today, which was the second time of using it. If I had written this in February, I would have been over the moon about how it made even old scissors sharp again; now I feel absolutely cheated because the two end sharpeners fell out and were lost in the gravel terrace. If you were to replace it, I might be tempted to up the grades a couple of stars; I would certainly keep an eye on the blades, however...

DEEP PEWTER COLOUR- Premium Aluminium Chain Blind/ Screen Blind/ Insect Screen/Chain Screen/Fly Screen/Strip Blind/Bug Blind-UK Standard Door Size: 80cm
Offered by Holland Plastics (UK) Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars Very dark colour..., 25 Sept. 2013
...so changed it for a normal silver aluminium which the supplier was happy to do, and quite quickly, without further charge (though I note that the silver colour was a bit cheaper, but we'll let that pass...). Ultimately got it up very easily, fits perfectly, classy look, especially having fixed up a tieback with a short length of the previous door curtain I had, which needed to be altered to fit inside a door frame. Very pleased with the overall look; both the same colour, both tied back in the same way so no need to take them down in winter (supplier please note: this would be a great selling plan, to provide a foot length and an ordinary hook as a tieback; you don't always want the thing clanging about when the door's closed!).

Red Dingo Patterned Dog Lead, M, 18 mm x 1.2 m, Brown/ Green Spots
Red Dingo Patterned Dog Lead, M, 18 mm x 1.2 m, Brown/ Green Spots

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice lead..., 25 Sept. 2013
...good colour; goes with the collar she had earlier this year, quite zingy green dots on a brown ground. Looks good on a liver (yuck, hate that word) and white Springer spaniel, as does the blue one I got her last year...

Lacewing 3'3" x 2' (100x60cm) Large Wooden Cold Frame
Lacewing 3'3" x 2' (100x60cm) Large Wooden Cold Frame
Offered by Primrose

3.0 out of 5 stars OK for a basic cold-frame..., 25 Sept. 2013
...but not that easy to put together, as drilling was a bit out of whack; had to call on my partner to finish screwing it together satisfactorily. It may last a few years; we'll have to see.

Bonio Rawhide Bone Beef 120 g (Pack of 6)
Bonio Rawhide Bone Beef 120 g (Pack of 6)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bones for strong teeth..., 25 Sept. 2013
Dottie likes these best of all the bone chews I've tried her on, maybe because of the flavour of beef running through it... She often gets bored before finishing it, so I keep finding the second knuckle-end kicking about in the grass outside... Still, it keeps her busy and her teeth clean.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, cheap greenhouse, 25 Sept. 2013
Got this installed with a friend, who did all the hard bits, like whacking tent pegs into the ground and covering the extension flaps with loads of gravel... Will it stay up all winter, in the teeth of a south-westerly gale? I guess we'll have to see...

Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Viola Back Strap Sandal 10001-54R-007 7 UK
Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Viola Back Strap Sandal 10001-54R-007 7 UK
Offered by jellyegg

4.0 out of 5 stars Good colour..., 25 Sept. 2013
...and cheap, which is basically why I bought them, to go with my other six pairs in as wacky colours as possible; seems less orthopedic, somehow.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4