Profile for Amanda Hollyer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ability Superstore Long Handled Sponge 24.5-inch Length
Ability Superstore Long Handled Sponge 24.5-inch Length

1.0 out of 5 stars Hopeless..., 18 May 2016
Much too long, much too fat a sponge; can't win on postal purchases, I guess...

Skechers Women's GO WALK 3 Insight Low-Top Sneakers Grey Size: 7
Skechers Women's GO WALK 3 Insight Low-Top Sneakers Grey Size: 7

1.0 out of 5 stars Impossible fit; much too narrow., 18 May 2016
Actually, I love the shoes, I just can't get them on... it's a shame, because I've always had no trouble with Skecher's shoes, but these are much narrower. Am I too late to send them back?

Haws Finasrain No14 Coarse Round Roses
Haws Finasrain No14 Coarse Round Roses
Offered by Top Brand Discounts 4 u

1.0 out of 5 stars I'd give it one star, if possible..., 18 May 2016
I'd give it one star, if possible... It's supposed to fit any Haws watering can, but it doesn't fit my bog standard one. It wasn't worth sending back, so I tried to fill the vast gap with Sugru; it didn't work, so I gave up. Anyone want a big fat watering can rose?

Sivitec 10 m 5 Way Individually Switched Extension Lead
Sivitec 10 m 5 Way Individually Switched Extension Lead

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish record..., 25 Jan. 2016
First one was okay, second one had one gang that didn't work; replaced that with one that had TWO gangs that didn't work. I think I'm stuck with the second one, as I don't have fancy screwdrivers to undo it for replacement...

Galvanised Coal Bunker - (250kg Capacity)
Galvanised Coal Bunker - (250kg Capacity)
Offered by Image Accessories

3.0 out of 5 stars Crap design..., 25 Jan. 2016
Starting to fall apart already, but how do I return it now that it's full of coal?

Crocs Blitzen II Animal Print, Unisex Adults Clogs, Grey (Platinum/Black), 6 UK Men/7 UK Women (39/40 EU)

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't believe the sizing..., 25 Jan. 2016
Managed to get them on but they cut off my circulation... sent them back.

Birkenstock Madrid, Women's Sandals, Blue Lack, 5.5 UK (39 EU)
Birkenstock Madrid, Women's Sandals, Blue Lack, 5.5 UK (39 EU)

4.0 out of 5 stars At last, the right width..., 16 July 2014
Having had a disaster with the last pair of sandals, which wasn't identified as NARROW fitting, I finally found a 'medium' pair, which we in England would probably call 'wide'. Good to know that I could return the narrow pair and have it instantly refunded, which meant I could go ahead with the right pair!

Happy Valley Season 1
Happy Valley Season 1
Dvd

5.0 out of 5 stars Episodes 5 & 6, 28 Jun. 2014
Managed to miss these on the box so downloaded them onto my Macbook Pro; not as good a result as iPlayer, which I have to use all the time as the signal here (south Devon village) is so incredibly slow. Jumping picture though sound acceptable, so just about managed to get the gist.

It's a brilliant piece of writing, ably played by all the actors, in particular Sarah Lancashire, who really goes through it. The plot is tense to the end and I would highly recommend this work, in spite of the glitches.

Say hi to Ivan Strasburg (DoP)... the best carbonara Don and I have had; memorable.

Birkenstock Madrid, Women's Sandals, Blue, 6 UK (39 EU)
Birkenstock Madrid, Women's Sandals, Blue, 6 UK (39 EU)
Offered by schuh-gress24

1.0 out of 5 stars Narrow fitting not made clear..., 23 Jun. 2014
I love Birkenstocks. I've bought at least six pairs, mostly through Amazon; this time, however, was a disaster. Why? Because there was no indication of the narrow fit it turned out to be...

I've now worked it out, for all of you out there who haven't got a clue how it works: the footprint sign on the ball of the heel. If it is SOLID, it is a narrow fitting; if it is OPEN (ie, outline only) it is 'medium' ( or, as we Brits would say, wide). Hope that helps, if the crazy person selling them doesn't bother to tell you and includes BOTH fittings in ONE listing...

Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp 6 in 1 Blade Sharpener
Spear & Jackson - Razorsharp 6 in 1 Blade Sharpener

1.0 out of 5 stars My Razorsharp only lasted six months..., 15 Oct. 2013
...in fact, it broke today, which was the second time of using it. If I had written this in February, I would have been over the moon about how it made even old scissors sharp again; now I feel absolutely cheated because the two end sharpeners fell out and were lost in the gravel terrace. If you were to replace it, I might be tempted to up the grades a couple of stars; I would certainly keep an eye on the blades, however...

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5