Profile for dazzer252 > Reviews

Granovita Linusit Premium Organic Milled Flaxseed 450g
Offered by UniStore
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product and great price, 31 Oct 2010
Found this product on amazon after paying double the price in a major high street health store for a similar size packet. Delivery was fast and free and the product seems very good. If you are looking for ground flaxseed I think you will struggle to find cheaper! The bag is resealable so ideal for storing in the fridge!

Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Medal of Honor - Limited Edition (Xbox 360)
Offered by 6 Hungry Weasels
Price: 10.30

2.0 out of 5 stars Save your money for the next call of duty!!, 28 Oct 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
I brought this game with high hopes and was mainly interested in the on line gaming aspect of it. I really wish I had saved my money as although the single player game is good the on line game is poor. There seems to be a real issue of lag in many games and often you are killed before you have even seen the other player. The game play is also not very smooth when compared to COD and I found it a very disappointing experience. For the cost I would say it is vastly overpriced and will probably be selling my copy towards the next COD game. I am not a 100% die hard COD fan, and had hoped this game would be able to compete, but sadly this was not the case. I note that the most recent reviews have mostly been poor (2-3 stars) so suggest you think long and hard before wasting your money if you are buying this for the on line gaming. I only gave it 2 stars as the single player was ok.

Arnhem (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
Arnhem (Pen & Sword Military Classics)
by R.E. Urquhart
Price: 10.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent personal account of the Arnhem Battle, 9 Sep 2010
This book gave me a different perspective on the battle of Arnhem and the mistakes made that led to the failure of Operation Market Garden. It is an excellent personal account that, due to his rank, focuses more on the decisions and tactics, as opposed to detailed personal accounts of front line battles. I enjoyed reading it and we should not forget the heavy losses the british airbourne divisions suffered in these final months of WWII.

Blowing Our Bridges: A Memoir from Dunkirk to Korea Via Normandy
Blowing Our Bridges: A Memoir from Dunkirk to Korea Via Normandy
by Tony Younger
Price: 16.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Good personal account, 16 Aug 2010
The book focuses on the experiences of an engineering officer in the british army. It is a good personal account and brings home the danger such teams worked under. The majority of the book focuses on his experiences in Korea, but there is also some interesting stories from the WWII campaign. Overall I thought this was a good book and would recommend it!

Duracell 4 Hour AA & AAA Battery Charger with 2 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Duracell 4 Hour AA & AAA Battery Charger with 2 x AA Rechargeable Batteries
Offered by iCell Media
Price: 9.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast delivery and easy to use, 16 Aug 2010
The item charges four AA, or AAA, batteries at the same time, with a charge time of around 6 hours. It is simple to use and came with 4 x AA batteries. For the price this is an excellent item.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 26, 2011 11:15 PM BST

Recollections Of Rifleman Bowlby (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
Recollections Of Rifleman Bowlby (Cassell Military Paperbacks)
by Alex Bowlby

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent personal account from WWII, 16 Aug 2010
I brought this book as I enjoy reading personal accounts from WWII. I found this book excellent and it gives a very good account of the troubles faced by an infrantry soldier in Italy during WWII. I am surprised the book doesn't have more reviews and would recommend it to all!

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (Xbox 360)
Offered by Mayflower Stores
Price: 8.79

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a patch on call of duty games for on line play, 30 May 2010
= Fun:2.0 out of 5 stars
My brother and I are both mature on line gamers. We normally play COD on line as we live at either end of the country. We both got this game on the week it came out, and have now sold both of them on ebay! Compared with COD we found the on line play hard work, full of snipers camping, and generally just not a patch on COD games. The single play was good but as most people buy these games for on line play my personal view is don't buy this........ get COD MW2.
Comment Comments (6) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 20, 2011 1:31 PM BST

Tefal 4 in 1, RK701115 Slow Cooker, Steamer, Rice Cooker, Porridge Maker, Brushed Chrome (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 1 July 2008
We brought this cooker initially for the rice cooking function but now also use it for porridge making and slow cooking. Its a great bit of kit thats so easy to use and clean and makes amazing rice! If you are looking at a slow cooker anyway spend a few more pounds and buy this one!

Panasonic SD254 Breadmaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Panasonic SD254 Breadmaker (Discontinued by Manufacturer)

5.0 out of 5 stars The best breadmaker I have owned, 13 April 2008
This is the second breadmaker that I have owned. The last one, a Kenwood model, only lasted 18 months before packing up and never made excellent bread. This panasonic one is by far the best one I have seen. It is simple to use and clean and the recipe book is excellent with everything from simple bread, pizza bread and making dough. My parents were so impressed that they have brought the same model! It may be a bit more expensive then others out there, but the quality speaks for itself!!