Profile for Mr. R. Laverick > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. Laverick

Mr. R. Laverick "Robert Laverick" (Sunderland/Durham Border)

Page: 1 | 2
Close Your Eyes
Close Your Eyes

5.0 out of 5 stars A Song of Praise?, 30 Jun 2013
This review is from: Close Your Eyes (MP3 Download)
The words of this song inspire me to hold dear to my Judeochristian faith. There is only ONE God. I worship at an Anglican Church, but have the utmost respect for all Monotheist religions.

I REALLY think that this song is about "The Father" aspect of Trinity. Peace be with you.

Michael performs this track with the utmost grace, delivering the vocals with complete love and conviction. Just wish he'd make more of an effort to produce his own work. (my last comment should not detract from the fact I LOVE "Close Your Eyes".

Peace/Shalom/Salaam.

Rob

August DTA400 - Freeview HD Digital TV Aerial - Indoor High Gain Portable DVB-T Television Antenna
Offered by Daffodil UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Freeview Reception, 17 Dec 2012
Bought this for my DAB radio- had to buy a Coaxial to DAB connector, and it DID NOT WORK with DAB.

Thought I'd wasted my money! A few weeks later, and I used the Aerial in my cousin's house (upstairs),and the TV picked up ALL available channels, with PERFECT reception!!! Surprising, as I thought it looks quite basic.

Money was NOT wasted.

LOOKS CAN DECEIVE!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Classy Shirt!, 11 Nov 2012
Bought this to add to my "collection" of three Cross themed T Shirts to wear for Church, as being a rock and metal fan, I don't like to wear stuffy long sleeve shirts or suits.

The studded cross is really prominent, which I like, but I had to look for the Eagle mentioned in the description!

Comfortable, classy and fulfills my desire to display my faith.

Sakkas Cross,Sword and Shield Metallic Silver Embossed Short Sleeve Crew Neck Cotton Mens Fashion T-Shirt
Offered by Sakka's

5.0 out of 5 stars Gothic, Christian and Stylish, 27 Oct 2012
I purchased this shirt because it "rocked my boat" in two ways; 1) It satisfied my fervent belief in God, which I like to display, especially on a Sunday. 2) I am a great fan of Rock and Metal, particulary Rock of the Gothic persuasion!

When I opened the packaging on delivery, I noted the T shirt was 100% cotton, not too thin, and appeared to be well made. The artwork does not look like a cheap transfer, it almost looks embroidered! The shirt is very classy, and comfortable to wear.

I go to Church every Sunday, but prefer not to wear stuffy suits or trousers and dress shirts. I wear (when it's warm!) Jeans and T shirts. I wore this shirt a couple of weeks ago, and received half a dozen admiring comments about my choice of top, from mainly elderly parishoners! They absolutely loved it! (As do I).

Will definitely be buying from this seller again!

Rob

Bluray DL PiDATA (CMC DI6) 50GB CAKE TUB 10pcs BD-R 6x Inkjet Printable Double Layer BLU RAY DISC DL RECORDABLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless Media, 30 July 2012
I took a chance buying this media because they were very reasonably priced, came with free delivery, and were made by "Ritek" in Taiwan.

Sometimes, you just have to use a 50GB disc, rather than a 25. My Samsung SE-506AB/TSB Blu-ray writer performs flawlessly with these discs. I also have no problems with formatting on my Panasonic DMR-BW780, as I sometimes experience with other media.

However, I notice you can't clone the discs made on the Panasonic, though it is NO fault of these discs I must add.

WOULD WHOLEHEARTEDLY RECOMMEND!!

Mirror Blu-Ray Blank BD-R Discs 4x Write 25GB White Inkjet Printable - 10 Pack
Mirror Blu-Ray Blank BD-R Discs 4x Write 25GB White Inkjet Printable - 10 Pack
Offered by Chroma Products®

1.0 out of 5 stars Worst Blank Media Ever!, 27 July 2012
I got these as a gift around a year and a half ago to use on my Panasonic DMR-BW780. Could NOT even format one disc out of the cakebox of ten!

Kept them just in case I used a PC with a Blu Ray writer in the future. Bought one this week, and got 10 coasters!!!!

TOTAL RUBBISH

Will not be buying this brand ever.

Revelation
Revelation
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Confirmation, 9 Sep 2011
This review is from: Revelation (Audio CD)
I was given this album as a Confirmation gift by my local Vicar in 2008. I wondered why he asked me what kind of music I listened to!

This was my introduction to "Christian Rock". Heartfelt lyrics abound soulfully in a very gritty Southern American voice. Satisfies my need for Rock, without denying my faith.

Wholly recommend it, even though I consider it a little pricey!

Ear Syringe 56 gm
Ear Syringe 56 gm
Offered by Nightingale Nursing Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Professional Quality Ear Syringe, 26 Nov 2010
This review is from: Ear Syringe 56 gm (Personal Care)
The delivery was a little slow, because the item came all the way from the old USA! Although printed on the box was "Made in Pakistan"!!!

The ear syringe itself is professionally made, stainless steel and sturdy to handle. I worked as a Medical Assistant in the Royal Navy a few years ago so I knew what to expect when I ordered it, although this instrument is smaller than what I used to use back in the 90s.

Not really for the amateur, as this procedure can irritate the ear canal or even perforate the eardrum, so be carefull!

Maxell 100 pk Recordable Cd 80 Mins
Maxell 100 pk Recordable Cd 80 Mins
Offered by BPS

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Quality Discs, 25 Mar 2010
I've been using these discs for a couple of years to clone audio CDs for my car and for friends. I cannot recall having to throw any away because of burn errors. I have tried using cheaper discs, but my Arcam Solo Mini prefers this brand. Perfect sound reproduction, and like I have previously mentioned, no wasted discs. All in all, very reliable discs.

The Thing [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
The Thing [Blu-ray] [Region Free]
Dvd ~ Kurt Russell

5.0 out of 5 stars The Quintessential Horror Movie, 4 Oct 2009
I watched this classic horror flick last night with the audio playing through my Arcam Solo Mini (I do not have a surround sound set-up). Absolutely crystal clear picture, especially during the gory monster/autopsy scenes! The stereo effects are amazing, what with the helicopter scenes and the monster vocalisations. I've bought this film on both VHS and DVD in the past, and think the Blu-ray is a bargain at Amazon. The sound set-ups are; HD Master Audio, English commentary track, French, Italian, German and Spanish audio choices. Much better than watching current CGI efforts by today's film-makers. The quintessential horror movie.

Page: 1 | 2