Profile for Diamind > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
My Secret World
My Secret World

5.0 out of 5 stars Wildlife hero, 22 Nov 2014
This review is from: My Secret World (Hardcover)
As in my reviews on Life with Bluebell and Glades Journey I cannot recommend these books enough. This lady is a total wildlife hero

"Life with Bluebell" and Other Stories from an Animal Orphanage (Stories from An Animal Hospita)

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 22 Nov 2014
A MUST read for anyone who loves wildlife. This woman is totally amazing!!

Glade's Journey: Stories from an Animal Hospital
Glade's Journey: Stories from an Animal Hospital

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing woman - amazing book, 22 Nov 2014
I have read all 3 of Pauline Kidner's books (the new 4th one is on my Christmas list!!). This woman is amazing, and in my eyes a total hero, along with everyone who works with her. She has a lovely endearing style of writing which is very easy to read, and at times makes you cry but others has you in fits of laughter. If you love animals, if you love wildlife, if you love reading a down to earth and eye opening story of what working with wildlife is really like you will adore this book. If you have doubts about saving wildlife, well then you should definitely read it, as it will completely revise your perspective. Love it, love it, love it!!

XMI X-Mini II 2nd Generation Capsule Speaker for iPhone/iPad/iPod/MP3 Player/Laptop - Blue
Offered by Ultrasonic Audio

5.0 out of 5 stars Very happy!, 30 July 2014
This little gadget is absolutely brilliant. Really impressed for the price and the difference now when listening to something through my laptop is fantastic. The fact that I can also use it with my dictaphone machine, my MP3 player and my phone is even better. If you are looking for superb 'surround' sound then maybe you want something better, but for what I wanted for the money I am delighted!

The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring
The Dalai Lama's Cat and the Art of Purring
by David Michie

5.0 out of 5 stars Will leave you feeling like you want to purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, 25 July 2014
Wonderful read, full of little gems of wisdom all wound into yet another lovely story around HHC. As with original story The Dalai Lamas cat, cannot recommend this enough. Leaves you feeling all warm and contented

Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days
Fast Cook: Delicious low-calorie recipes to get you through your Fast Days
by Mimi Spencer

2.0 out of 5 stars Much too fussy, 25 July 2014
Sadly I have to agree with one of the other reviewers. Unless you have a family and lots of things in the store cupboard this really isn't that good. As someone doing the diet just for themselves, there are a lot of ingredients in many of the recipes, which whilst easy enough to get, the majority of it would be wasted - even taking into account making larger batches/freezing etc, As it's only 2 days a week, I really would have loved to have a book, that gives quick, simple recipes to get over those 2 days and actually found the ones in the original diet book better. I think I will just make up my own calorie counted meals rather than waste money on any more of these diet recipe books.

I have given it a 2 star rating really more on the fact that there is a good cross section of ideas, but as said that's fine if doing for 2 or more but not useful for one

The World According to Bob: The Further Adventures of One Man and His Street-wise Cat
by James Bowen

5.0 out of 5 stars Another joy to read, 5 May 2014
I absolutely loved James's first book and this follow up was no disappointment. Bob is truly unique, an angel in ginger fur and the bond between these 2 guys is just wonderful. I am so glad James has realised that Bob needs him, just as much as he needs Bob,and I just wish them both every happiness together for many years to come

Badgerlands: The Twilight World of Britain's Most Enigmatic Animal
Badgerlands: The Twilight World of Britain's Most Enigmatic Animal
by Patrick Barkham

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot recomend this enough, 16 Mar 2014
I had heard lot about this book, having followed the recent tragedy in our countryside where so many badgers have been needlessly killed, and I was not disappointed. It is absolutely beautifully written, weaving the reader into the spell of the countryside and night time vigils so you could almost feel you were there, but as other reviewers have said, it is done in an incredibly balanced way so that the reader can see the picture from all sides, to understand the perspective of both badger lovers and haters. Again like others, a couple of chapters I found very hard and upsetting to read regarding torture and persecution these wonderful animals have had to experience from humans for hundreds of years, but Patrick has done an excellent job at trying to keep any of his own sentimentality out, whilst still expressing the deep passion of 'badger feeders', and the conviction of the scientists and vets as to the real causes behind the cruelty inflicted and the issues of bTB. Even if you are someone who has had little interest in badgers I don't believe you could fail to learn and enjoy this book and realise the importance of these enigmatic creatures. The bTB issue is even more poignant now, as unbeknown at the time the book was written, the statistics on levels of disease have now been proven to have dropped far more than ascertained at the start of the badger cull, due to errors in the Defra computer system.

Any lover of wildlife and/or our countryside will find this a wonderful read, and those that aren't - well may just change their minds.

Arkopharma Phytobronz Sun-Preparing Capsules 2x30
Arkopharma Phytobronz Sun-Preparing Capsules 2x30
Offered by ParaWorld

5.0 out of 5 stars These really help, 2 Mar 2014
Ideal if you are sensitive to the sun, really help stop you burning. And don't know how, but have noticed that whenever I am taking them I don't get bitten anywhere near as much by gnats/midges etc - bonus!!

Morning And Evening Qi Gong [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
Morning And Evening Qi Gong [DVD] [2010] [NTSC]
Dvd ~ Lee Holden
Offered by Fulfillment Express

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay if you have nothing else to do, 2 Mar 2014
This is a good DVD and Lee has a nice way about him and explains the exercises clearly. But I found the description a bit unclear, and had understood when ordering it that the exercises were 20 minutes in morning and again 20 minutes in evening, but in fact it is 40 minutes each, which is way too long for the average person to spend. Much preferred the Qi Gong with Dr Jian Liu Jun and Akli Hammadi, as found the exercises broken down better, more options on the menu once you knew what you were doing to cut out the chat and just more traditional, with a maximum of 30 minutes a day recommended. It also gave a good section on background, Chinese philosophy etc which was optional to watch but ideal for someone new to all this. I guess it is always a matter of preference and wouldn't want to put anyone off buying this as it is good but not sure I agree it deserves as high a rating as it has.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5