Profile for oliver blatchford > Reviews

Discovering Statistics Using R
by Andy Field
Price: 40.15

5.0 out of 5 stars A great introduction to R, 25 Aug 2014
I have been using SPSS since the 1970's (with occasional forays into STATA and SAS). I can't afford SPSS for my personal use, so taking the plunge into R is a "no-brainer" for me. This book is a great introduction to R. I particularly like Andy Field's irreverent humour. I do accept that it might not work for everybody - see the reviews...

FLEXIBLE 6" FILLETING KNIFE BY DOLOMITEN INOX
FLEXIBLE 6" FILLETING KNIFE BY DOLOMITEN INOX
Offered by The Knife Company UK
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great filleting knife, 25 Aug 2014
This is a good sharp flexible filleting knife. I should emphasise the flexible aspect, which makes it especially good for filleting fish.

Wool Overs Men's Cashmere & Merino V Neck Tank Top Orange Spice Large
Wool Overs Men's Cashmere & Merino V Neck Tank Top Orange Spice Large
Offered by Wool Overs Ltd
Price: 27.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Cashmere-merino mix is great, 17 April 2014
The cashmere merino mix feels soft and smooth. The slip over fits me well. Tics all the boxes, but a bigger colour range would have me buying a few more.

4 Port USB AC Adapter US/EU/UK/AU Plug Wall Charger for iPhone 4/4S iPad 2/3
4 Port USB AC Adapter US/EU/UK/AU Plug Wall Charger for iPhone 4/4S iPad 2/3
Offered by BuyOnline Cart
Price: 4.78

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect USB charger for travel and at home, 16 Dec 2013
This meets all of my USB charging needs: it puts out enough current to charge my iPad, it charges up to 4 devices simultaneously and the plug is easily and simply changed for travel to most countries abroad. We now have three in the family, oldest one is almost 2 years old. All still working flawlessly. Highly recommended.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars comfortable, fits well, 19 Nov 2013
I have several of these slipovers from Woolovers now, all in different colours and all wearing well. Great for me at work as I need to be "bare below the elbow".

Nail Brush - Stiff Bristles - Green - 75mm
Nail Brush - Stiff Bristles - Green - 75mm
Offered by Rinkit Ltd
Price: 5.44

5.0 out of 5 stars does the business, 19 Nov 2013
It took me ages to find a nail brush - nobody seems to stock these in the High Street. This has nice stiff bristles, cleans my nails well after DIY / gardening. Recommended

BPM Clear Silicone Case Cover Skin & Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 3G/3GS
BPM Clear Silicone Case Cover Skin & Screen Protector for Apple iPhone 3G/3GS
Offered by BPM UK LTD
Price: 6.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent 3G / 3GS case, 4 Feb 2013
This is a snug fit, protects the phone well ( had a couple of drops...) and is not tacky, like the sof silicone cases. I can't recommend it enough!

Yousave Accessories Silicone Gel Glossy Case for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Yousave Accessories Silicone Gel Glossy Case for iPhone 5/5S - Black
Offered by PJA Distribution Ltd
Price: 3.77

5.0 out of 5 stars great case, 24 Nov 2012
looks good, protects the iPhone, sensible price... what's not to like! (and I have 2 friends who have the clear equivalent of this - which is equally good!)

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Works intermittently only - charging problems, 13 Nov 2012
Firstly, this item does not look remotely like the photo - at the iPhone connector end. It looks quite different to the photo and the to the original Apple item (which DOES look like the photo...). The phone plug fits into the phone, but it does not seem to have the same snug, secure fit. It is rather wobbly in the phone socket.

OK then, how does it perform?

When I connected it to my computer, it seemed fine at first, computer recognised the phone and started charging. Syncing seemed OK too. Then I started to get errors and the phone was giving a message to the effect that charging was not possible with the connection. This was true whether the phone was connected to a computer or directly to a plug in charger.

When I tried again, it seemed to charge for a while, then I got the compatibility message again. "charging is not supported with this accessory". when I am connected to the computer, I can still copy my photos across over the cable, although I am getting the charging message.

All in all? I think I will need to shell out twice as much and get an Apple cable!

Apple iPhone 5 / 5S / 5C - 6 Screen Protectors Pack Retail Packed with Cleaning Cloth and Application Card (Lifetime Guarantee)
Offered by MOFRED PRODUCTS
Price: 14.99

5.0 out of 5 stars good product, good price, 10 Oct 2012
this was a good fit for the iPhone 5, and what else can I say? good price. and 12 in the pack - after all, one does go through them, so keeping the rest on the shelf!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3