ARRAY(0xa5387564)

Profile for Mr. W. A. Inman > Reviews

Content by Mr. W. A. Inman

Mr. W. A. Inman "_will_" (UK - NOTTS)

Page: 1 | 2
1000 Mile Men's Fusion Sock
1000 Mile Men's Fusion Sock
Price: 9.90 - 14.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Comfortable!, 9 Nov 2012
Have used these socks a few times and found them very comfortable.

They keep feet warm, wick away moisture to keep them dry and protect from blisters pretty well.

However, they don't protect from heel rub (I don't think any socks can really) with new walking boots. But a bit of zinc tape has sorted that easily.

Only other gripe is the 'toe box', bit of extra fabric that it meant to protect toes but it doesn't seem to fit very well and makes my toes go mad until it's seated right.

I'm size 8 and found the larger size fit pretty snuggly.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp - be careful, 9 Nov 2012
I've tried a few different blades in a sample pack (wilko sword, derby, astra and some generic ones). I didn't get along with the astra, the wilkinson sword seemed better and lasted a little longer then the derby I found a little better than the wilko sword (especially on the first use of the blade).

Then step father gave me a couple of feathers he'd got with his razor and wow, what a difference! Very sharp and a lot less resistance than the others (not that they weren't pretty smooth).

They do however blunt a little quicker than the others I find, but I can manage an easy 3 or 4 shaves (shaving every other day) with them, which is all I'd really use the others for. When buying in bulk, they're only 25p each though, so it's not a huge expense even if I do have to get through them a little quicker than usual.

Note I have a fairly fine beard and not a lot of it, so people with a coarse beard may want to try others? Best advice I can give is get a sample pack and choose for yourself, everyones face fungus is different!

Chilli Pepper - Jalapeno - 15 seeds
Chilli Pepper - Jalapeno - 15 seeds
Offered by Impatiens - From Singapore
Price: 0.98

5.0 out of 5 stars Growing strong!, 11 May 2012
Well it's been a couple of months and out of the 5 or 6 seeds I germinated/planted I think only one has failed to sprout. The others are coming along nicely despite far from ideal growing conditions (in an apartment with limited sun exposure).

A couple are now probably 10 tall and have are leafing nicely; I'm hoping to get some fruits from these toward the end of summer if I can get some more light on them so they grow nicely.

Weapons
Weapons
Price: 10.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to get into...., 11 May 2012
This review is from: Weapons (Audio CD)
Wow, just got this album and I'm really enjoying it. I was a massive fan of The Fake Sound of Progress and, especially Start Something. It took me a while to get into their other albums such as Liberation transmission, however Weapons is a really strong album. I found it really easy to get into, there is a decent amount of variety and some songs particularly standout without having to listen to it solidly for days to pick out differences between songs (Another Shot stood out really early on, and Bring 'em down).

Having songs that stand out with very little listening is a very strong quality for an album to have and I've really been enjoying listening to it at work on the stereo there; it is an album to listen to on biiiig speakers in a big room.

Compared to other albums I think it stands up pretty well. Like many other bands (Feeder, Muse, Foo Fighters) the music has toned down a bit with maturity of the band, but I think they've done really well to keep energy in this album even if the vocals aren't *as* loud and powerful as the earlier albums.

Generation Freakshow
Generation Freakshow

4.0 out of 5 stars Not bad... not bad at all., 11 May 2012
Feeder fans (myself included) have been on a roller coaster over the years as Feeder has evolved / diversified / branched out / changed direction. The differences between their albums tends to be huge.

Some things that stand out to me are influences from their previous albums, I especially get hints of swim/polythene in this (the track sunrise is probably the clearest cut example). It's not like they've made tracks that would fit onto those albums, but some of the vocals are similar (not the lyrics, but the way in which Grant uses his voice). It certainly put a smile on my face and brought back some memories of the albums of the early years of Feeder.

Generation Freakshow is a pretty good album and I've rated it as such. It's probably more in the pop-rock type of genre than classic alternate-rock Feeder; it has some catchy tunes and decent vocals as you expect. The album, like many of their others reflects the current state the band are in; they're maturing/matured and there isn't that youthful/punk kind of energy they used to have, or it doesn't seem as emotionally driven as the likes of Comfort in Sound, it seems to be more 'uplifting' and easier listening.

Overall, it's a good album... if I was to rate it against other Feeder albums it might not score so well against the likes of the Swim-Comfort in Sound era, but for the modern stuff I think it's certainly up there.

The Zulu Principle: Making Extraordinary Profits from Ordinary Shares (Harriman Modern Classics)
by Jim Slater
Price: 25.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic investment strategy, 20 Sep 2009
I've recently read this book and found it excellent.

Firstly, if you're new to investing, I wouldn't start here; start with something like Robbie Burns' Naked trader which'll tell you how to invest, what it's all about ect.

This book appears to be more aimed at someone with a bit of experience, an understanding of how the markets work & financial knowledge (being able to read balance sheets, p&l accounts etc). I've recently finished a business degree including the likes of corporate finance and found this book fairly easy to understand, although required a lot of attention and time to digest the information and appreciate a newcomer to the market may be a little overwhelmed.

I found the ideas and the general 'zulu' principle of investing in smaller companies with growth potential an excellent add on to my current understanding and strategy and feel much more confident in choosing the right companies to invest in and, although I currently mostly focus on commodity related companies I think I'll be more specific in looking for companies with growth potential and dedicated a portion of my portfolio to small companies, not necessarily commodity related.

It's hard to review this book due to the amount of information in it but if you're interested in growing your capital rather than just plonking your money in a dividend payer and not looking back then I think this is essential reading.

The Resistance
The Resistance
Price: 6.35

4.0 out of 5 stars Not too bad, 20 Sep 2009
This review is from: The Resistance (Audio CD)
Well first of all, I'm not going to compare this to other Muse albums.

This album after a couple of listens gets pretty good, I like the opening track 'Uprising'; has some pretty good lyrics and I'd hazard a guess at it having some influence on the current economic times - maybe 'they' are the government who are degrading us & controlling us? Makes you want to stick your fingers up and say "yeah, f' you government; stop trying to hold us down with all your ID cards, cameras and general nanny state crap" Has some pretty nice guitar work (and the video is good... in a weird way)

Undisclosed desires is very good in my opinion, I like the vocals in it and it makes me feel a little emotional (which isn't bad as I'm a bit of a robot). A few of the other tracks will take some listening to but nothing stands out as much as the undisclosed desires & uprising so far.

This album is laced with piano work, which Matt is very consistent on, I'm not sure if I bought the album for this but it makes for very easy listening, especially the last three tracks which is basically classical music, something you'd have on in the background.

My only complaint I suppose is my ears didn't bleed at any point from excessive-hyper-talented guitar work which most Muse fans crave for - but as I say, I'm not comparing this to other albums, and nestling the tracks off this album into a collection of previous work will gives a nice balanced play list.

Technical Analysis for Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))
Technical Analysis for Dummies (For Dummies (Lifestyles Paperback))
by Barbara Rockefeller

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money!, 4 Aug 2009
Although a few years old (and American) this book is still more than beneficial to the UK trader (beginner or otherwise); and costing less than the average dealer fee for a trade - hardly expensive.

Plenty of very good information in it, no magic formulas or false promises, just a good insight into technical analysis - what it is, why you should use it and the commonly used techniques.
I'd already been using a bit of TA, but this made it clearer, explained it and gave better understanding of how to use it - trends, momentum, understanding market sentiment etc... well worth the money and easy to read as well (although take your time with it, there is plenty of information to absorb)

If you're new to trading, i'd recommend some other books first (Naked Trader 2nd ed by Robbie Burns for example), then use this to add on as technical analysis is about human nature: when to buy, not what or how to buy.... also a bit of economic research helps (The little book of bull moves in a bear market by Peter Schiff is very informative, yet understandable).

Overall, I give 4*, it's certainly helping me improve - and you've got to be constantly improving (remember to make money, someone has to be losing it!). It doesn't quite get 5* as there are a couple of things I'd like to have seen (elliot waves for example).

The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
The Naked Trader: How Anyone Can Make Money Trading Shares
by robbie burns

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have!, 27 Dec 2008
To put it in perspective, I'm a 23 year old student doing a business degree (which includes various finance modules - currently corporate finance). I've also traded shares very infrequently over the last few years - recently with markets plunging and my savings interest rate slashed, i've decided to take things into my own hands.

So, with this basic knowledge I bought this book after reading good reviews (bearing in mind, other than academic texts I've not read anything continuously for a long time). I found this book hard to put down, over about 2-3 days i'm well over 2/3 of the way through! It is so easy to read, slightly humourous in places and set out in a jargon-free way that I think would appeal to people with no knowledge at all.

It won't tell you how to turn 100 into 100,000,000 (ie. it won't give you false hope), but it is excellent for identifying and showing how to get rid of those nasty trading habits which will lose you money.

I have started applying the guidelines robbie uses to my current shares - needless to say there are some i am looking to get rid of a.s.a.p!!! He does give you a good idea of what to look for in a company, where to get it from and what to avoid - the things that usually take years of mistakes to learn!

At less than 10, this book could save you hundreds, maybe thousands by gettting rid of those mistakes which you will make if you're just starting out. I've learnt a LOT despite a little experience and studying business, this book will have saved me a lot of by showing me where I am (or potentially was) going wrong

Silent Cry (Deluxe Edition)
Silent Cry (Deluxe Edition)
Offered by Helgy
Price: 4.42

5.0 out of 5 stars One of their best?, 9 Dec 2008
After the disappointment last 'proper' album Pushing the senses this is a big relief, not a single album filler in site!

This album really shows there talent, a lot of the songs can be related to their previous albums - but it obviously isn't an attempt to cling to what they used to be good at... they're equally as good as they used to be, but now with the benefit of a range of styles to play.

I don't really consider any of the songs to be album fillers, they're all different and energetic whereas pushing the senses had some powerful, quick songs and then a load of slow paced uninspiring songs from the 2nd half onwards.

I really like this album, it has everything I need, fast paced up beat songs, moving and powerful songs like we are the people (it takes a while to fully appreciate it - and a good set of headphones), and a decent acoustic-ish song (Heads held high) that reminded me of Swim which, despite not being much of an acoustic fan, commands a lot of my attention if it comes on. Also got to mention Who's the enemy - it would be well suited for for a James Bond theme tune - but not the most recent as it needed something pretty loud, fast and heavy to match the film

Page: 1 | 2